Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
OP Offline
H
From the interview at http://www.chaindlk.com/interviews/john-foxx/

John says;

"But there are five albums already started, with various people, and I intend to finish them all this year."

Based on previous interviews and forum speculation, I'm guessing that they may be;

1. The one with Paul Daley out of Leftfield.
2. The one with Vincento Gallo that was mentioned ages since and seems to have disappeared off the radar.
3. The one with the Smoke Fairies.
4. Something with Robin Simon, again referred to in interviews.
5. A further collaboration with a previous collaborator, such as Robin Guthrie, Harold Budd or even Louis Gordon.

Much of this of course is speculation on my part, but would anyone else like to hazard a guess at what these 5 projects might be?

Five albums - that's insane! He kept that quiet, well, quiet-ish.

The Paul Daley one should be good, and if he IS recording a full album with Robin Simon, then that will be very interesting indeed, I wonder what style that'll be in - solo Foxx synths accompanied by SOResque guitar?

Another album with Louis would be marvellous. Fingers crossed.

Another album with Guthrie? Suicide!

C
C
After all these years I really can't do it.

I just can't speculate anymore Herbert.

I'm all out of speculation, my speculometer reads minus, and I'm miles away from the specutank refill station.

Thats it... I'm done, I can no longer drive by the speculation factory with the mission bell, or look down the tunnel at the face of speculation hell...

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
laugh

Alex, you are too cheeky!

The Gruffrie's gonna get you with his spangly guitar and tickle you with his Spectroscope,
(just be thankful its not a speculationscope) :p

That's it. Word of the day: "Speculometer"

laugh laugh laugh

Quote:
Five albums - that's insane! He kept that quiet, well, quiet-ish.
wooooh-oooh---ooooh the Qui-et Maaa-aaan!

(I'll get my coat)
wink

Quote:
An album with Suicide - That'd be great! Collaboration of the century! laugh

But seriously folks - five albums finished this year...blimey!

I'm sure he mentioned (somewhere a long time ago) that there's a further album with Guthrie. I hope so.

And the Paul Daley one too - really intrigued by that one.

The other possibles seem to have just faded - especially that Gallo one.

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Herbert the turbot:
Based on previous interviews and forum speculation, I'm guessing that they may be;

1. The one with Paul Daley out of Leftfield.
2. The one with Vincento Gallo that was mentioned ages since and seems to have disappeared off the radar.
3. The one with the Smoke Fairies.
4. Something with Robin Simon, again referred to in interviews.
5. A further collaboration with a previous collaborator, such as Robin Guthrie, Harold Budd or even Louis Gordon.

Much of this of course is speculation on my part, but would anyone else like to hazard a guess at what these 5 projects might be?
Having just found a half-eaten snickers bar down the back of the sofa, my speculometer has now gained a few drops of juice, and I've also just received today's newsletter from Speculamatic.Com, and the speculation is that Herbert's list is more or less the case, but rather:

1. The one with Arthur Daley from out of Minder (he's Paul Daley's bruther). Arthur and John will be doing an album inspired by the songs of Denis Waterman, entitled 'Write the Lyrics, Sing the Song', with a single and an all-electro version of 'I Could Be So Good For You'.

2. The one with actor turned singer Joaquin Phoenix, its on the radar, and its yet another new direction for John and will the real slim shady please stand up, I repeat, please stand up, as its going to be a rap album, and we're gonna have a problem here.

3. The one with 4 Poofs And A Piano. Its been announced that the Smoke Fairies got blown away in the woods somewhere, so the quartet from Jonathan Ross's old show have stepped into the breech to provide a politically un-correct/correct (depending on your viewpoint) presence in replacing the vacancy left by the Fairies.

4. Something with Paul (Graceland) Simon, not announced in any interviews, but he and John are hoping to stem the Sound of Silence, and become the new Simon & Garfunkel.

5. No further collaborations with Robin Guthrie. Apparently during their previous work together in France, Guthrie took exception to John coming down to breakfast wearing a dog-eared pair of moccasin slippers, and always burning the toast, while John thought that was a bit rich coming from Robin, as he'd had to put up with the sight of him coming out of the shower everyday and walking around in the buff.

Instead John will be teaming up with a Grangemouth Cocteau Twins Tribute band, called: 'Twa Peez Ina Pod'.

wink

5 completed albums this year??

Can my mind or wallet take 5 releases??

Have I room for another 5 CD's??

The big question is, if finished this year, will they be released this year??

I wish John all the best and I do hope to manage to complete them all.

Peter

H
OP Offline
H
Having started the speculatometer running, perhaps I ought to dampen any excessive enthusiasm by pointing out John said he only intends to finish the albums this year. Whether they are actually released or not is of course a very different matter and if "My Lost City" is anything to go by, we may have to wait 20-odd years to hear these albums!

Administrator
Administrator
DOn't you think it's amazing that we're even talking about five albums???

In days gone by, that would be enough material to fill the next five years,and we' d have been happy with that!

Given John's recent prolific activity, you might not be far wrong with your 20 year comment.
We may not wait that long for the albums, but it sounds like there's enough 'work in progress' to keep us here for that long!

Inspiring thought, innit? cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.