Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34084 01/08/10 12:18 PM
OP Offline
A message to The Men who run the future;

“Oi you b*******! Where’s the jet-pack and laser-gun you promised me when I was ten!!!!!!?”

Right, so now I’ve got that off my chest – back to reality; what’s Foxx got in store for us this year that we know about?

John Foxx and The Maths
New popular beat-combo for 2010 – album on the way

Smoke Fairies
A brief mention in Future Music – nowt all else on this though

Battersea Power Station
To be confirmed

Paul Daley collaboration
To be confirmed

Vincent Gallo collaboration
What happened with this? Is it officially dead in the water as a project or has CPR been applied?

I have a brain the size of a small woodland creature so I can’t remember if there’s anything else…is there anything else? Wasn't there a mention somewhere of another Robin Guthrie collaboration or am I just hoping?

#34085 01/08/10 12:47 PM
There was some discussion a while back around the possibility of interview discs for The Garden, Golden Section and In Mysterious Ways.

#34086 01/08/10 01:20 PM
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeG:
There was some discussion a while back around the possibility of interview discs for The Garden, Golden Section and In Mysterious Ways.
Cheers Mike!

#34087 01/08/10 02:11 PM
Good point. Although I'd prefer to see these as a podcast or something, especially since the reissues have been out for ages now.

#34088 01/08/10 05:26 PM
M
M
'Brain the size of small a woodland creature' my elbow. If that's the case, then I dare to think how small my brain must be. eek

#34089 01/10/10 08:16 PM
B
B
The Vincent Gallo thing is still on indefinite hiatus as far as I know. I'd asked John about it in July at DNA, and he said that he and Gallo had recorded "enough songs for an album" (maybe 8? Can't remember the number), but that it hadn't gone anywhere since that time. Gallo has moved out West, and on to other projects, so--like many projects John has worked on--his collaborator has disappeared, and the project ends up at a standstill.

#34090 01/11/10 08:01 AM
My brain - the size of a small pea - also remembered:

the DNA - DVD !!

#34091 01/13/10 11:41 PM
T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeG:
My guess is that these have been shelved indefinitely - the time has passed. For now.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.