Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#30159 11/22/08 08:15 PM
Brian Offline OP
OP Offline
I know we've all heard the alt versions of HMO before but some of the stills such as the other cover art for Slow Motion & the Reading poster (& a few others) I've not seen before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX2prYi2SQI

Brian

#30160 11/23/08 05:35 PM
Thank you Brian for posting the link. Some interesting photographs there. Most I'd seen before but nice to see new images.

Peter

#30161 11/24/08 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
I know we've all heard the alt versions of HMO before .....
Brian
Thanks Brian I'd never heard it before

#30162 11/24/08 09:31 AM
Administrator
Administrator
This is the original version of the track, recorded for the B-Side of the ROckWrok single (WIP6404) released in October 1977.

It is currently available as one of the bonus (alt version) tracks on the definitive re-master of Ha! Ha! Ha! (IMCD 325), released alongside the other Island albums in July 2006

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#30163 11/29/08 11:31 AM
Has anyone seen this clip on YT? It is an interview in Sweden (in English) from 1977. Anyone in my generation should remember "Timeslip", a sci-fi series way behind its time, and the interviewers seem to be extras that have been fired from the "cloning" section in that program. Anyway, thats besides the point - take a look, and wait patiently for the very last bit where (I think) the interviewers pay homage to John.
He does SO well not to laugh - it could be one of those "laugh or cry" moments.

YouTube link of JF in Sweden

#30164 11/30/08 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by solenoid:
Has anyone seen this clip on YT? It is an interview in Sweden (in English) from 1977.
That was truly bizarre! Especially the bit at the end. Some sort of ABBA nonsense? Or was it his birthday?

And what was that John Lennon-ish quote about everyone being human beings all about?
Quote:

Anyone in my generation should remember "Timeslip",
Never heard of it.
Quote:

a sci-fi series way behind its time,
Clearly.
Quote:

and the interviewers seem to be extras that have been fired from the "cloning" section in that program. Anyway, thats besides the point - take a look, and wait patiently for the very last bit where (I think) the interviewers pay homage to John.
He does SO well not to laugh - it could be one of those "laugh or cry" moments.
I don't think its so much laugh or cry as WTF am I doing here!?!!
This one's a little better YouTube interview . Hard to believe that's 10 years old now. Does anyone know what show its from?

#30165 11/30/08 01:50 PM
Administrator
Administrator
This clip is discussed here.

Its from the 2001 VH1 broadcast.

http://www.metamatic.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000333#000005

Does anyone use the search on this site??

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#30166 12/01/08 12:26 AM
Wow. Didn't know there was a "search" on the site - Thanks! I actually thought that you knew the location of every thread on here! wink I must admit, I believed that you had an incredible memory!

I also found the Swedish interview being discussed here back in 2007. If you haven't seen the clip, make sure you do - it is very surreal.

Original thread is here

#30167 12/01/08 08:12 AM
Administrator
Administrator
No worries cool

I don't know everything yet... wink

That Swedish clip is funny though. No wonder JF decided not to go down the pop star route!

#30168 12/01/08 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
No worries cool

I don't know everything yet... wink
Yes, you're too old (to pinch a line from Oscar Wilde).
Quote:

That Swedish clip is funny though. No wonder JF decided not to go down the pop star route!
It also hints at an aspect of his personality you don't often see. The snide and condescending part. Rather unfortunate that he did it publicly. Especially as it was obvious that English wasn't a strong second language for them (confusing text with lyrics, etc.).

Still it was rather surreal. I used to think Japanese TV was strange but this very nearly tops that. They seem to be musicians. Not sure how they could get their own show. But then the Swedes have always been fairly liberal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.