Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lele Offline OP
OP Offline
I finally decided that after a few weeks of nosing around on this forum I should come clean and admit that I've been reading other people's posts, so I've decided to register, although I may not post often.

When I was in high school (I'm OLD!), Ultravox were my favorite band, so when John Foxx parted company with them I was at first devastated -- until I heard "Metamatic," which took over my life (probably not in a healthy way) for a couple of years. He lost me after "The Golden Section," though, and I got wrapped up in other noises for the next decades, with only a passing curiosity over the years as to what John Foxx had been up to in the meantime.

I've been trying to play catch-up for the past year, picking up things I'd missed out on and trying to reassess material I didn't pay attention to at the time of its initial release. Some of the recent material I like (others not so much), but I'm delighted by the prodigious output and the vigor with which he has been creating it. I am still hopeful that at some point in the future I may get to see a live performance (although I suspect I will have to travel overseas to do so, as it is unlikely John Foxx will come to Chicago).

I enjoy the lively and informative discussions on this forum. This site feeds my nostalgia but also gives me a grasp of the current, and points toward some promising developments in the future. Thanks to all who contribute!

--Lele

The Archive
The Archive
Hi there Lele - Welcome to The Forum... laugh

Rob

Greetings!

Hi Lele. Chicago ..that's where they do ER, innit?

Welcome,

Dont feel guilty about lurking.

I was a lurker for around 5 years over at EV the Ultravox forum before I joined. laugh

Brian

Hi Lele and welcome to the forum!

Hi Lele - welcome to the forum!

Hi Lele.
Welcome to the forum. It's nice to have another member from the states. At least John to lesser extent is known all over the world

Peter

Welcome to the forum Lele. smile

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.