Metamatic
Posted By: Lele Former Lurker Succumbs to Guilt - 04/09/08 04:25 PM
I finally decided that after a few weeks of nosing around on this forum I should come clean and admit that I've been reading other people's posts, so I've decided to register, although I may not post often.

When I was in high school (I'm OLD!), Ultravox were my favorite band, so when John Foxx parted company with them I was at first devastated -- until I heard "Metamatic," which took over my life (probably not in a healthy way) for a couple of years. He lost me after "The Golden Section," though, and I got wrapped up in other noises for the next decades, with only a passing curiosity over the years as to what John Foxx had been up to in the meantime.

I've been trying to play catch-up for the past year, picking up things I'd missed out on and trying to reassess material I didn't pay attention to at the time of its initial release. Some of the recent material I like (others not so much), but I'm delighted by the prodigious output and the vigor with which he has been creating it. I am still hopeful that at some point in the future I may get to see a live performance (although I suspect I will have to travel overseas to do so, as it is unlikely John Foxx will come to Chicago).

I enjoy the lively and informative discussions on this forum. This site feeds my nostalgia but also gives me a grasp of the current, and points toward some promising developments in the future. Thanks to all who contribute!

--Lele
Posted By: Rob Harris Re: Former Lurker Succumbs to Guilt - 04/09/08 04:37 PM
Hi there Lele - Welcome to The Forum... laugh

Rob
Posted By: maryann Re: Former Lurker Succumbs to Guilt - 04/09/08 05:00 PM
Greetings!
Posted By: MemberD Re: Former Lurker Succumbs to Guilt - 04/09/08 05:43 PM
Hi Lele. Chicago ..that's where they do ER, innit?
Posted By: Brian Re: Former Lurker Succumbs to Guilt - 04/09/08 06:45 PM
Welcome,

Dont feel guilty about lurking.

I was a lurker for around 5 years over at EV the Ultravox forum before I joined. laugh

Brian
Posted By: newvox Re: Former Lurker Succumbs to Guilt - 04/09/08 08:55 PM
Hi Lele and welcome to the forum!
Posted By: RadioBeach Re: Former Lurker Succumbs to Guilt - 04/10/08 01:49 PM
Hi Lele - welcome to the forum!
Posted By: metal beat Re: Former Lurker Succumbs to Guilt - 04/11/08 08:07 AM
Hi Lele.
Welcome to the forum. It's nice to have another member from the states. At least John to lesser extent is known all over the world

Peter
Posted By: Shadow Man Re: Former Lurker Succumbs to Guilt - 04/11/08 12:40 PM
Welcome to the forum Lele. smile
© Metamatic