Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
OP Offline
J
I came to Foxx right after hearing and getting hooked on Vienna in late '80. My next purchase was Ultravox! followed by Metamatic and the awe inspiring Systems Of Romance. By early 1981 I had everything including Ha! Ha! Ha!, which was the only release [besides Metamatic] I had to buy on import. As Ultravox moved on in their career I came to prefer the Foxx era and his solo career. The Ultravox band are super talented people but they're musos - not artists. They say nothing with great eloquence [if not grandiloquence]!

After the great drought of 1985-1997 I have considered each new Foxx release as a gift! I certainly held no hope that JF would ever record again. The sheer amount of releases in the last 18 months surely makes up for the off period, I must say! I managed to get everything but the original 500 Subterranean Omnidelic Exotour CD.

About me? I'm a graphic designer of 20+ years. And speaking of which, let's get this right out here and now. Can we all admit that John's cover for "Systems Of Romance" was the single biggest influence on Peter Saville? It's very hard for me to look at it now and not see so many ideas and techniques [not to mention typography] that PS picked up on. Saville has long praised the influence of Jan Tschichold and his monograph "The New Typography" but I feel that "Systems" was as much of an influence on his seminal work.

Greetings from New York!
And yes, SOR is awe-inspiring.

Hi Jim and welcome to the forum.

Hi Jim Welcome to the forum.

Peter cool

Hi Jim

Welcome to the Forum!

Hi Jim,

Welcome.
laugh

Brian

Hello and welcome to the forum!

The Archive
The Archive
Hi there Jim - long time no speak - welcome to The Forum... laugh

Rob

H Offline
Welcome Jim
H smile

Hi Jim !

Welcome to the gang!! wink
Nice to have a new forum member of the younger generation here.

Shadowmandreas smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.