Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#27159 12/29/07 12:02 PM
OP Offline
I have recently been thinking just what a wonderful year it's been for us "Foxxy" fans.

The highlights for me have been the Quiet men concert at Fulham in July, The concerts at ICA in September, Cargo in London ,the free T-shirt concerts at the Luminaire in November, the TCM concert at Leeds and finally Johns exhibition at the Coningsby gallery in London in December.

We've also had new albums Metal Beat, Retro Future and the new remastered version of Metamatic.

I have also met so many new and old people from this forum including Lord Lost (Richard), Craig, Birdsong (Martin), Mr Normal (Tapio), Garry (Radiobeach), Mark (The Church puddle) Brian, Kerry, Gemma, Mr No and others.

Special thanks go to Alex for becoming one of my closest friends and inviting me to stay at his house several times this year, Sarah for being so nice to me and the several times we've met this year (I know I'm a lucky man laugh laugh ), Andreas for being a trusted friend since 2001 and of course Rob for setting up and running the Metamatic forum with out this none of this would have been possible.

I hope 2008 will continue in the same vain as 2007 and I wish everyone a happy and prosperous new year.

Thanks again Peter wink

#27160 12/29/07 12:47 PM
Couldn't agree more Peter.

Even more so if you count from the first time I saw John 25th November 2006 until 24th November 2007.I've seen him live 3 times in the space of 1 year.Yup its been great.Also lots of goodies in that space of time.Sideways,CO DVD,Metamatic re-master,the 2 tour CDs & of course the Metamatic T-Shirt.

Wishing everyone an excellent 2008.

Brian

#27161 12/29/07 06:23 PM
G
Gem Offline
G
As Peter said, what a fantastic year it's been! The ICA was the first of John's gigs that I've been able to attend, and it was an amazing way to start. Then we had TCM in Leeds, a truly wonderful night, and the Luminaire, which was just brilliant.

I won't go on too long because I'm exhausting my supply of adjectives wink , but I also wanted to mention some of the many lovely people I've met since September: Sarah and Tessa (always great to see 'Northern Response' and 'Posh Response' out and about laugh ), Alex S, Peter, Craig, Andreas, Natalie, Mark, and of course, Rob - cheers for all the work, we do appreciate it!

Last, but very definitely not least, thanks are due to John himself, not only for the gigs, but for being so friendly, chatty and generally lovely when facing the barrage of questions/things to sign. One day I'll manage to surprise him by saying more than 'Hello' and 'Thanks' wink . Same goes to Louis (loving the enthusiasm!) and everyone who made the gigs this year possible.

Hope everyone has an amazing 2008! laugh

#27162 12/31/07 06:08 AM
I want to second you all - what a nice year for us John Foxx fans! smile

It was great to seeing John & Louis two times and you all again or for the first time this year.

I hope I can work it out to come again, if there would be a gig in 2008. Would be nice to meet you all again! smile

THANK YOU JOHN , LOUIS, ROB and ALL THE OTHERS who made 2007 so wonderful for us!!!!!

I wish everyone a great new year in 2008!!!!

Cheers, Andreas wink

#27163 12/31/07 12:34 PM
At the risk of repeating what everyone else has said, 2007 has been a great year for us Foxx fans!

Many thanks to the great man himself, to Louis of course, and to Rob and all the folk "behind the scenes".

I'd also like to say a big hello to all the lovely forum members I've met this year, and to some I've known for a long time (Hi, Gem!). You guys are just as friendly and welcoming in person as you are on-line, and I'd like to wish everyone all the best for a great 2008.

#27164 12/31/07 01:25 PM
Metamatic at Brum Barfly marked my first gig in 23 years, so a big thanks to John and Louis for re-igniting my musical interest. This was also the year I discovered this wonderful site (thanks Rob), and the year I bought a shed load of John\Louis albums smile

We are extremely lucky John is still so musically active. Long may it last.

I can only hope 2008 is as good as 2007!

#27165 01/03/08 11:44 AM
H
H
It wouldn't be a traditional thread on here if someone didn't find something to complain about. As no-one else appears to have done it, might I (perhaps pettily and pedantically) point out that 2007 was the first year since John's "comeback" in which he didn't release any genuinely new material?

#27166 01/03/08 12:34 PM
OP Offline
Hopefully John and Louis have something up there sleeves for this year

Peter smile

#27167 01/03/08 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Herbert the turbot:
It wouldn't be a traditional thread on here if someone didn't find something to complain about.
Well, I'm still waiting for that North American tour mentioned on the myspace page back in 2006...

#27168 01/04/08 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Roby:
Well, I'm still waiting for that North American tour mentioned on the myspace page back in 2006...
....me too.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.