Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#26033 10/07/07 12:16 PM
Brian Offline OP
OP Offline
Cheers Sarah,

I also took some test shots of the support band but the guy in red pants would not keep still. frown
Also took some test shots of John & Louis Keyboards. laugh

#26034 10/07/07 12:28 PM
Thank you Sarah for the nice review. I hope your ears are now recovering and you are having a nice quiet chill out day getting ready to tomorrow. smile

At least at the ICA I had a nice clear view of the stage as I stood at the side and I must have been 2' higher than the audience standing on the floor. Thats the trouble everyone else seems to be taller than me LOL I'm just a shortarse. (Not very tall) frown

Peter

#26035 10/07/07 01:52 PM
Really enjoyed the show last night. The only part of the set I was disappointed with was 030 (sound of synth seemed too quiet) and Tidal Wave (chorus seemed out of sync?!).......otherwise perfecto! wink

#26036 10/07/07 01:59 PM
Brian Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Lost:
Really enjoyed the show last night. The only part of the set I was disappointed with was 030 (sound of synth seemed too quiet) and Tidal Wave (chorus seemed out of sync?!).......otherwise perfecto! wink
Were you wearing a black Ultravox Live Retro T-Shirt by any chance?

I was wearing a red one.If it was you I was just in front of you.

#26037 10/07/07 02:08 PM
What a wonderful gig, hearing my all-time favourite album live and (very) loud was a dream come true. Really peeved that I can't make the Cargo gig now.

I thought the Vileevils were good too, and meeting the lovely people from the forum was the icing on the cake - hi, folks! Sarah's table-synth duet with Louis was classic! Hope the photos came out.

A bit sad that John decided not to sign autographs, but agree that the venue didn't really lend itself to a signing session. I did get a chance to talk to Louis (top bloke!) and thank him for a storming performance.

All in all, a great night! Roll on November and the Luminaire laugh

#26038 10/07/07 02:22 PM
Brian Offline OP
OP Offline
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bcaEvnr6Os

Short clip from last night showing Louis head banging on 21st Century

#26039 10/07/07 02:34 PM
Hi Brian,

No I was wearing a blue t-shirt.....standing with my arms around my wifes waist........... wink

#26040 10/07/07 02:50 PM
Wow... What a night!! First of all...Robin, Sarah, Brian, E.G., and everyone else Mr. X and I met...it was great meeting you all! And the gig was beyond anything I could have imagined. Unfortunately, though, our camera was playing up, so none of the pictures we took turned out well. (Most of them were lost, I think - even the video footage.) And to make my luck even worse, before the gig. Mr. X and I were heading toward the pub round the corner from the Barfly when I saw someone who looked incredibly a lot like Foxxy, but he was talking to a couple of people, and I couldn't get up the nerve to say hello. I'd missed him inside the pub as well!! mad So I missed my one and only chance to meet John. After the gig, I met up with a friend who had an acquaintance called Lee who apparently has "connections" to John, who kindly got my Cathedral Oceans book signed. smile

...But the gig was fantastic!!!! laugh

Mrs. X

#26041 10/07/07 06:34 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Nice review Sarah, and everyone else.
Sounds like another great night.

A couple of questions.

a) Was it just Johna nd Louis, or was Steve d'Agostino there too?
b) Did they actually 'play' Glimmer or was it a recording like ICA?
c) Was 'metamatic' itself on sale at the gig?

This tour is going down well cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#26042 10/07/07 08:38 PM
Brian Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Nice review Sarah, and everyone else.
Sounds like another great night.

A couple of questions.

a) Was it just Johna nd Louis, or was Steve d'Agostino there too?
b) Did they actually 'play' Glimmer or was it a recording like ICA?
c) Was 'metamatic' itself on sale at the gig?

This tour is going down well cool
It was just John & Louis

They appeared to be playing glimmer

I didnt see Metamatic on sale but then again I was the first person in the q to buy something so the guy was still eating his burger & was not really ready for me.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.