Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
#24546 08/22/07 12:59 PM
OP Offline
Well, Metamatic is on its way – so what’s gonna be on 'The Garden'? And how will such a sumptuous booklet such as ‘Church’ be accommodated? Based on the 2 CD set for Metamatic, here's a conservative attempt at a tracklist;

CD 1

Europe After The Rain
Systems Of Romance
When I Was A Man And You Were A Woman
Dancing Like A Gun
Pater Noster
Night Suit
You Were There
Fusion/Fission
Walk Away
The Garden

CD 2

The Quiet Man #3
The Quiet Man #4
Miles Away (UK / Japanese Version)
Long Time
This Jungle
Swimmer
Swimmer II
Young Man
Fusion/Fission (1979 Version)

Any thoughts?

Just two thoughs, one would be to put the single edit 'Dancing....', and fade version of 'Europe....' at the end of cd2. And secondly, just maybe even more tracks will be found before going to print.

F
F
My first thought is,
having watched the video of "Dancing like a Gun" on YouTube,
that releasing trying to ensure every man, woman and child in Britain can watch this video too is a more pressing priority! smile

Seriously though - no chance of a DVD release of Virgin's old VHS John Foxx video tape...?

F
F
My second thought is:
perhaps the CD could come with a free packet of seeds, so you can grow your own garden smile

OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by feline1:
My second thought is:
perhaps the CD could come with a free packet of seeds, so you can grow your own garden smile
Superb idea! Would add to the organic quality of the music! wink

OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by feline1:
Seriously though - no chance of a DVD release of Virgin's old VHS John Foxx video tape...?
None! John now owns the rights to all his vids and in a recent interview said that he disliked them as he had little control over that area of his work. He also said that he plans to re-do the videos sometime in the future.

F
F
Oh dear lord!

John: get over yerself! LOL

Those videos have been (just about) in the public domain now for nearly 30 years.

If you spend money making new ones, they'll probably only get seen by about 2000 people max, and all of those people will still want to watch the original ones too anyways!

Sure, if he puts a DVD out of the original vids, maybe that'll make him lots of money and he can spend it on re-shooting some other vids... ;-)

Hi Garry
Sounds like you're very near the mark from your tracklisting. Although I'd love to hear Fusion/Fission 1979 version I can't see it being on there myself.

I agree with you Feline 1. Even if John did make a new video's for release on DVD I'd still like to see the originals.

Peter

Don't get me wrong but I don't think it is a good idea to include the Quiet Men tracks on a new The Garden CD. For my opinion it sounded very different to the Garden tracks - it's more Cathedral Oceans sound.

So how would it be to release it on a compilation, perhaps the one which was mentioned in the past: METADELIC? Or on the forthcoming compilation Rob mentioned along with No-one Driving (remix)?

For my opinion the remastered CD's shall include only material from the period they were originally recorded.

wink Andreas

Personaly i would not like to see 'quite men 3 and 4' just on a compilation as their very much part of 'The Garden' although i agree they may not sound quite the same. As Rob said -

''Quiet Man (Alternative Version 3) and Quiet Man (Alternative Version 4) : These are NOT alternative versions of the track Quiet Men, instead they are instrumentals (out of broadly the same mould as Glimmer) and (due to their original release date) are currently ear-marked to appear on a new version of The Garden.''

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.