Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2285 03/31/07 05:42 PM
OP Offline
I've been registered with the forum for a number of weeks now but haven't taken the time to introduce myself.

My name is Eric and I live in Toronto, Canada. I'm a member of a band called Invisible College. I am married with two kids and during the day (and sometimes nights) I am a Landscape Architect.

I can't remember if I heard John Foxx or Ultravox first. I first heard John Foxx on my 13th birthday. My brother took me to see The Elephant Man and on the way homein his tan coloured Dodge Charger he played Metalbeat. It is a visceral and memorable moment for me, much like two years earlier from that day when I first heard Virginia Plain and Eno's amazing synth riff.

Actually, I likely heard John Foxx first considering the dates. I can't really listen to Midge Era Ultravox anymore with the exception of a few tracks. Too much guitar ****.

Hiroshima Mon Amour is the track for me from the Ultravox era of John's career.

Besides John Foxx, I quite like OMD, Brian Eno, and Wire (good to see a number of Wire fans here). Now hat I will be seeing OMD showcase their best album of all time in England in May, and I have seen Wire live, and I have chatted with Brian Eno the next grea moment for me would be to see John Foxx live. If he came to Toronto I would be on the moon (well I would hang around Toronto long enough to see the show).

Anyway, glad to be here and I look forward to being part of this community of John Foxx fans. smile

#2286 03/31/07 09:26 PM
Hi Eric
Welcome to the forum.
I fell in love with the album Sytems of Romance way back in 1979. Never looked back since and followed Johns career from then on.
I like OMD but only their first 3 albums.

Regards
Peter

#2287 04/01/07 09:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by metal beat:
I like OMD but only their first 3 albums.
oh ... u should give their 4th album "dazzle ships" a closer listen again then , peter , as i suppose that u may like it too ! ;-)

however ... after bo from sweden , now eric from canada introduced himself here & i met them both already some time ago in an o.m.d. forum ! :-)

anyway ... welcome to this great online community of foxx fans , eric & enjoy your time here , m8 ! :-)

btw : open your ears to the great music of eric's band called INVISIBLE COLLEGE ( fyi : http://www.myspace.com/invisiblecollege ) , fellows , as i like them very much & can only recommend them also to all foxx fans ! :-)

cheers ! :-)

oh jay ;-)

#2288 04/03/07 09:02 AM
Hi Eric - welcome to the forum!

Gazza

#2289 04/06/07 01:26 PM
Welcome Eric! smile

Nice to have another canadian member here.

I really hope John & Louis come over to you this year.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.