Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
smile Hi to all the JF fans who visit, and run, this site.

So good to have a John Foxx website. I've been visiting for quite a long time, but never got around to registering until recently, so I'm glad to have now finally jumped in.

I became a big fan of John's when I bought the very first Ultravox single 'Dangerous Rythm' way back in the mid 70's. Well, I loved it and bought everything up until 'Rage in Eden' when I just sort of drifted away.

I carried on buying John Foxx's solo work though and still do today – great stuff, especially his ambient work is beautiful I think. I used to go to pretty much every early Ultravox gig in London, particularly when they were playing lots at the old iconic Marquee club. Still go to see John Foxx play occasionally these days.

As a point of interest to many of you, my younger sister initiated and organised the very first Ultravox fan club which she ran through the time of the first 2 albums (John Foxx era).

Way back then, I introduced her to 'good' music by taking her to early Ultravox gigs at the Marquee and she loved them. At one gig she surprised us all by just going up to the band to chat and then proceeded to ask them if she could start up a fan club for them, as they didn't have one at the time, and they basically said "yeah that's great". So that was that. She's probably got some stories to tell if I can coax them out of her. You never know, some of you may even have contacted her during that period if you were members of the fan club during that time.

I've been in bands and made quite a bit of music myself over the years, so if anyone's interested to find out more about me and listen to my music, then please visit my Soundclick page where there is a free download and a sort of interview. I've not long had the page up and I'll be posting more music fairly shortly.

Here's the link for you to make it easy:
http://www.soundclick.com/gardenofsurrealdreams

Anyway, that's all for now. I'm looking forward to visiting when I can and being a part of this community.
Have fun all you Foxx fans out there,
Garden wink

Very Welcome here,Garden! smile

Great to have another guy from the "early days" here too!

Shadow Man wink

Hi there Garden O S D!

Great to have you on board!

Sarah B laugh

Welcome.
I was a bit later finding Ultravox than you, so I missed all the early tours.
Try to go to as many foxxy concerts as I can manage nowadays
Peter

Welcome to the forum.

The Archive
The Archive
Hi there - welcome to The Forum... wink

Rob

Hi! Welcome to the Forum

M
M
Hello Garden Of Surreal Dreams, & welcome. Good to see you've landed on the forum.

Another Bill Nelson fan drops by.

OP Offline
smile Thanks to all for your friendly welcome messages.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
Hello Garden Of Surreal Dreams, & welcome. Good to see you've landed on the forum.

Another Bill Nelson fan drops by.
Hi there Mr. Ilektrik,
Nice to meet you in this neck of the woods.
I'm guessing that there are quite a lot of BN fans who are also JF fans and I apologise to all in advance for any repeat messages that you may read on other forums (including Ultravox), but as I don't know who's where, it's sometimes good to get more people involved in topic answers/ideas etc.

Have fun all,
Garden wink

Hi and welcome smile
also to other newbies since ive been away longer than intended frown

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.