Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 26 27
#22406 01/10/07 09:46 AM
H
OP Offline
H
I really can't be bothered to do any work this morning so I am going to drone on about JF rarities. There were a couple of CDs many years ago called 'Ultravox Rare' and I was wondering what would be on a 'John Foxx Rare' CD.

The rule is that the tracks must have been released or on a promo between 1979 and 1985ish - i.e. no 'Metamatics Sessions' or other unreleased or rumoured tracks.

Young Love
Underpass (edit (no second verse))
My Face*
He's A Liquid (alternative)*
Miles Away (alternative)
Endlessly (single version)*
Endlessly (12" extended)
A Kind Of Wave (12" extended)
Your Dress (12" extended)
Like A Miracle (12" extended)
Like A Miracle (DJ Edit)*
Stars On Fire (12" extended)
Enter The Angel (12" extended)

Queries:
Is there an extended version of 'Stairway' on the 12"?
Did I dream it or is there an edited version of 'The Garden' somewhere?

The asterisked tracks are not that rare these days having been released on 'Modern Art' and consequently freely available. I have omitted any tracks which were included on the remastered reissues a few years back.

Are there any I have missed or are there any in the list which are figments of my imagination?

HH

#22407 01/10/07 01:45 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by Harold Halloway:

Is there an extended version of 'Stairway' on the 12"?
Hmm - I think there is a radio edit? But that doesn't count as a 'release' I suppose.

Young Love is on the Metamatic CD released in, erm, 1993, so I don't know if that counts

You could add the jingles released on FBWL to this list, and The Quiet Man 3 and 4 from the 'touch' cassettes.

I'm sure there will be others. Chris C??

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#22408 01/10/07 05:45 PM
I love to have an official copy of John's 12" singles on CD. I couldn't imagine that this would be that difficult of a project, even if only a limited amount of CD's was produced.

As far as I'm aware there is no edited version of the track The Garden and IMHO it would be a crime to shorten such a classic song
Peter

#22409 01/10/07 07:18 PM
Hi Folks!!

I like the idea of John's 12" singles on CD!

Talking of older stuff - I would love to get my hands on the video collection that was knocking around in about 1989... I think it was a Virgin Video with a code of VVC582 or something like that!!

Any ideas where I could try and get it?

Cheers, Sarah xx

PS Anyone heard any rumours of when and where the t-shirt entry gig is going to happen???

#22410 01/10/07 07:36 PM
C
C
Quote:
I'm sure there will be others. Chris C??
I believe that's all Martin!!

Actually there could be a few copies of the 7" vinyl of A New Kind Of Man (original single version not the Italian release) that may have disappeared and ended up in someone's fortunate hands. It's the only possible reason how it could have ended up on the bootleg. Fortunately for us John has the original master. It was an excellent idea of John's to buy back from Virgin his entire back-catalogue +, so we should be treated in the not so distant future with a remastered version of this one.

Chris C wink

#22411 01/10/07 07:54 PM
The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
It was an excellent idea of John's to buy back from Virgin his entire back-catalogue +, so we should be treated in the not so distant future with a remastered version of this one.
That's not quite correct - John didn't 'buy-back' his catalogue from Virgin. It simply reverted back to him after a pre-determined and pre-agreed period of time had elapsed. This sort of arrangement is now quite commonplace.

Rob

#22412 01/10/07 07:55 PM
The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by metal beat:
As far as I'm aware there is no edited version of the track The Garden and IMHO it would be a crime to shorten such a classic song
Quite right - and I'm not aware of there being an edited version of The Garden either...

Rob

#22413 01/10/07 07:56 PM
The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah Bradshaw:
Anyone heard any rumours of when and where the t-shirt entry gig is going to happen???
Nothing as yet (not even a rumour) - but I'll let everyone know full details just as soon as I can... laugh

Rob

#22414 01/10/07 08:10 PM
I really would love to have an official copy of the 12" versions too. I only have it on self made CDR I called Rare tracks 1 and 2 which include only stuff you cannot get on an official CD (sadlywise).
I would love to own a copy of the Virgin Video tracks or John's stuff with Blitz too. The Virgin video I have copied from the video on DVD but the Blitz stuff would be VERY INTERESTING to listen to!!
It would be great John would do the same with this stuff as he did for the Nation 12 stuff!!

If he would release any of this stuff as an official release, I would be the first in the line to order copies... laugh

#22415 01/11/07 12:18 PM
It would be cool to see John release a singles "box" in the same way Duran Duran and Depeche Mode have. Nice thought, but I doubt it would happen.

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 26 27

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.