Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#21980 02/18/11 04:27 PM
Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Might as well start a topic just for the much-anticipated Credo. It's now available to pre-order on iTunes.

...which means you can preview each of the tracks.
"Night People" and "Never Let Me Go" arrived to mixed reviews – both initially disappointing, but both seem to be growers.

So I like the idea of being able to preview the tracks prior to buying. First impressions from the brief snippets, "Sky" sounds superb; classic HL. "Electric Shock" is another one which sounds instantly catchy. "Breaking the Chain" sounds like something from Secrets, which is no bad thing by my book.

Parts of it sound like a kid's Yamaha keyboard demo... "Single Minded" and "Get Together" don't sound particularly impressive, but then again this is just going by 30 second previews.

So from a sneak peak, it sounds like a decent album, though maybe not a brilliant album. After 10 years there's a lot of expectation, and part of me doubts that it'll live up to it. I thought Secrets was an excellent album, and it's a great shame that the collapse of Papillon Records took the League with it. They really suffered for that.

In the very least it's good to finally have some new material. Certainly looking forward to hearing Credo in full and forming a proper opinion.

#21981 03/02/11 09:19 AM
Nice Radio 2 interviewand preview of new single Never Let Me Go (no relation) and Sky off the new album, due 21st March..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1tr8AlIDSw

(..still luv those accents)
wink

#21982 03/13/11 07:40 PM
They have been streaming the enite album "Credo" on their Facebook page and it is pretty good, quite sparse musically but decent enough album, miles better than "Secrets" which i hated (I know a lot of people liked it but for me far too many distorted vocal tracks).

The only track I thought was crap was "Privilege" other than that enjoyed what i heard.

#21983 03/15/11 02:14 PM
Video for new single "Never Let Me Go" .. a bit creepy in a Doctor Who-y sort of way.
warning: features a squid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjtzJZ0f6Ac

..perhaps more Radio 2 friendly than Night People?

#21984 03/15/11 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Video for new single "Never Let Me Go" .. a bit creepy in a Doctor Who-y sort of way.
warning: features a squid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjtzJZ0f6Ac

..perhaps more Radio 2 friendly than Night People?
I like it! Glad to see Susan still can't lip-sync - some things should never change! laugh

#21985 03/20/11 06:28 PM
Will they list the kit used on this like they did on Dare, I wonder if Auto Tune will be on said list!

#21986 03/21/11 07:34 AM
I get the feeling that there's too much anticipation goin' on for this album.
A bit like the OMD one (I rarely give that one a spin).
Let's hope I'm wrong though, would be great to add a new and proper HL album to my collection!

#21987 03/21/11 09:31 AM
It will no doubt be overshadowed by Interplay, which is excellent.
I'm gonna see if I can buy it in a proper "record shop" today. Otherwise will go for i-tunes.

#21988 03/21/11 09:50 AM
Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
I might buy Credo today - feels a bit like supporting the home team! Although from what I've heard, it's not their best work or worth the 10 year wait. Maybe I'll be proven wrong.

But yes, what Mark said - overshadowed by Interplay. Definitely!

#21989 03/21/11 09:56 AM
As it is now officially out today I'm taking to the time to listen to the previews on amazon.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.