Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
OP Offline
I
An homourable mention to AUTOBAHN KRAFTWERK Herren Huetter and Schneider's groundbreaking brilliant electronic renderings manage to make a delivery van full of Bratwurst and Bagels making the long haul up the German motorway network from Garmisch Partenkirchen to deliver in various LIDL Supermarkets in the Ruhrgebiet sound vital . It's just pipped at the post by RICK WAKEMAN JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH Brilliant virtuoso keybosards backed with a mass choir and full scale orchestra bring to life the work of great French writing visionary Jules Verne A work of breathtaking magnificence.
Jools and Rick done well

I actually really enjoyed Jeff Wayne's musical / narrative of War Of The Worlds too, probably the only time I ever bought a record featuring David Essex!

I agree on Journey To The Centre Of The Earth too, my first exposure to Rick Wakemen. Well, the first I knew of, as I subsequently discovered he played piano on Bowie's Hunky Dory album in 1971, which means I'd already heard him on the singles from that album without knowing who he was (and he's listed on the sleeve notes as Richard Wakeman, how very posh!).

Just one question though, Ivan: what's a keybosard? Sounds like a medieval ladies' garment. "Lady Twittington wore a magnificent red satin keybosard trimmed with gold brocade"

I also have to be clichéd and mention Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' as one of my all-time fave concept albums. Really enjoyed both the album and the movie (despite Bob Geldof).

Ô¿Ô

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.