Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#20584 03/01/10 08:33 PM
I
OP Offline
I
Manic Street Preachers
just edging out
Catatonia and Super Furry Animals for me

Dydd Dewi Sant Hapus
Dafydd

This post will self destruct at midnight !!

#20585 03/01/10 08:54 PM
F
F
Underworld cool

#20586 03/01/10 09:11 PM
I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by fons:
Underworld cool
Good shout I suppose technically the brilliant Scritti Politti fall into this category as green Gartside is from S Wales

#20587 03/02/10 09:08 AM
I'd have to go with Scritti and Underworld. I did like the Manics (up to and including Holy Bible-era) but hearing them these days is like watching your dad dancing on top of a tea crate at Speaker's Corner

#20588 03/02/10 10:39 AM
I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
I'd have to go with Scritti and Underworld. I did like the Manics (up to and including Holy Bible-era) but hearing them these days is like watching your dad dancing on top of a tea crate at Speaker's Corner
Any band that pays homage to Antonio Gramsci is ok by me Have you seen Green Gartside lately gone from being a Torres type lady- boy to looking like a prop forward for Maesteg still making "Cool toons " as the youngsters say . I shall attempt to McGarriglise you in the near future
As a taster this like gem A massive hit for Linda Ronstadt Unfortunately I can't find the swimming song written by Kate's ex and Rufus' arl fella Lowdon Wainright (some roman numeral , the third I think )
Lovely as it is , their best work is in French
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Enc8KEzdYY&feature=related
I'm still seething that the Inland Revenue did not listen to my anonymous phone call and get down The Lane on Sunday mad
I 'm arfing at your dancing reference Good work Radler . Only the children of Lionel Blair would disagree .

#20589 03/02/10 01:23 PM
True, Strohmeyer’s unlikely to be entering any more Princess Di-lookalike competitions – but that’s okay because White Bread, Black Beer was a really good album!

Cheers for the link – I’ve heard that before but never knew who it was.

‘Arry’s alright! Um….until the end of the season at least – not sure what’s happening in the corridors of Her Majesty’s power regarding his piggy bank though.

#20590 03/02/10 03:34 PM
The Alarm! laugh

#20591 03/02/10 07:58 PM
I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
The Alarm! laugh
MEMBS Before I opened your reply ; I had money on it being Bonnie Tyler or Windsor Davies /Don Estelle !
Seriously The Alarm not bad Gogs (North Welsh) so bona fide Scousers Apparently , Mike Peters being from Rhyl , used to frequent Eric's (40 mile journey)
RADS Like your Lady Di/Green Gartside analogy !
By the way my trusty gregario Milan -San Remo a mere 2 weeks away . I hope to grab a slice of the action Btw The McGarrigles should be joining you soon The other sister Anna is also very talented Apart from singing beautiful songs in English and French she has portrayed the role of Gail Tyldsley/Platt etc in "Coronation Street "for the last 57 years or so !
THe BOTH OF YOU Remember John "Peely" Peel playing all those Welsh artists on Ankst Records (Think it's Welsh for Angst) ?
I'll leave you with the bestest record ever made by a Welsh Artiste , never fails to make me misty eyed (I've got many reasons too , 68 a horrible year indeed)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5pkkAhETYg
Laters
Ifan

#20592 03/02/10 09:19 PM
Manics for me although not so keen anymore lost it a bit for me.

#20593 03/02/10 09:35 PM
Manics for me as well but I've gone off them recently.Old stuff up to 1996 were the good times.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.