Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
The other thread's fault.

I'll start with All You Need Is Love and Sympathy For The Devil. Just the tips of the respective icebergs of The Beatles and The Stones.

Administrator
Administrator
Songs -- will come to me.

Artists? David Sylvian... frown

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
C
C
Artists: Pink Floyd - I've tried sooo hard but apart from a very few live tracks, nothing!

I know it says songs in the title but its whole Artists with me.

Yeah I dont get Pink Floyd.God I've tried on many occasions.

Could be here all day:-

Paul Weller
Bob Dillon
Fleetwood Mac

Brian

I
I
Good Shout Bri !
Add Neil Young to Dillon* Both world acclaimed but all I hear is two out -of- tune weed -addled strummers
(They are no Gordon Lightfoots !)
I'll also add most if not all of the Ure/Numan oeuvre
Another big disappointment "Magnetic Fields" supposed to be Foxx influenced , but I'd rather face a firing -squad than listen to that turgid rubbish again
*Zimmerman's one redeeming feature is the "Hurricane" album , but that's mainly down to Scarlet Rivera on fiddle ,
Weller OK with The Jam , his solo stuff leaves me cold .
My only disagreement The Big Macs , I'm loving them !
(See what I did there )

C
C
Artists – the Pet Shop Boys,

don’t get me wrong here about nominating them, I know there’s much love on the forum for the synthpop twosome, so this is different from me selecting an artist or band who I have reason to dislike.

I enjoyed a lot of their singles in the 80’s and 90’s, and always admired the tasteful artwork adorning their albums, but maybe its first impressions that still grip me, as they didn’t get off to a great start for me when they popped up with the annoyingly catchy (but admittedly very good pop) West End Girls single. I turned up my nose, exclaiming ‘just who were these Johnny come lately contenders, grabbing the limelight and stealing the musical throne left vacant by the demise of the great Soft Cell’.

But later on I’d happily hum along to What Have I Done To Deserve This?, and Always On My Mind, and there was a period during the time of ‘Introspective’ when I shared a flat with a friend who was a big fan, he’d affectionately refer to them as the Pets, and I’d have to live through the horror of the shared household as he played their music loudly from inside the bathroom where he loved to lay soaking in a bath for hours, Left To My Own Devices took on a whole new meaning then.

Their cover version of Go West was such good fun, and, expecting more of the same kind of Anthemic bonkers OTT’ness to be in abundance I finally succumbed and went out and bought ‘Very’, my one and only Pet Shop Boys purchase. But I couldn’t get into it, and before the week was out I’d returned the CD to the store.

The Pets and I were no more, it was a brief fling, I think it was just a phase I was going through... laugh smile

Administrator
Administrator
Kraftwerk - Computer Love

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
M
M
Songs:
Save A Prayer - Duran Duran
Ordinary World - Duran Duran

Artists:

Gary Numan (In many ways I should really be interested in Numan but somehow it just isn't me)

Depeche Mode (Many likes them a lot and I understand it. I've heard their stuff - old and new - and it leaves me cold.)

Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Normall:

Depeche Mode (Many likes them a lot and I understand it. I've heard their stuff - old and new - and it leaves me cold.)
Yes, I'm with you on that one.
Can't see the appeal either

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.