Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#20425 12/22/09 04:46 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Linky here.

Different photo of John and what promises to be a great setlist.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00pddkm

Hope its on listen again tho - my aunt, nephews and in-laws probly won't appreciate me going off to here it live.... frown

Mark Jones is busy right now, what with signing The Human League an' all cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Ah good. I heard the Phil Oakey one in this series and at least the first part with the interview was good.
John's choices are recognisable, and I see he's got The Shadows in!

Your aunt & co. can rest assured Martin..I think these things are usually available for listening for 7 days afterwards.

I'm away at the missuses over xmas so It will hopefully be recorded on my freeview hard disc recorder for when I return.

Never seen that JF pic before ... and ooops .. on the Ultravox! pic .. .check that upper lip John.

Just listening to this - can't beleive Mark Jones said Underpass is from 1983 !!!! .. and this man is an authority on the subject??

B
B
Yeah, here's the link to the interview from MySpace, with pic of John w/ Mark Jones. Probably same as the link given above:

http://bit.ly/7h7sS7

B
B
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Never seen that JF pic before ... and ooops .. on the Ultravox! pic .. .check that upper lip John.
LOL, looks like the later Ultravox has given John yet another media ghost to contend with...

G
Gem Offline
G
Sigh...Oh well, still great to hear John on the radio. smile

Like most interviewers, sounds like Mark Jones kept cutting John off just as he gets into a subject (or trying to put words in their mouth, or just TRYING to sound knowledgeable?). I recall a presenter in Liverpool doing something similar last year (I think) before the "Awaydays" event there.

Interview starts at about 1:07 after "The Wild, The Beautiful And The Damned" - time posted for those who just want to skip direct, but the show's music is all pretty good!

.. a nice little gem of info about Destination there too wink

(hint: listen to the drummer...)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.