Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18668 12/04/08 01:17 PM
I
OP Offline
I
I know we're an international forum , but for the sake of simplicity I've set up a British award and a non British award

First the British one

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nCE_eA0vmY8

and now from the country where I reside ,which is normally associated with style ,sophistication and verve ,this monstrosity

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yBFFJAA7thc

I trust the Curtis estate and Lord Vearncombe of Liverpool are consulting their lawyers for sonic defamation as we speak

Place your worst ever cover versions here fellow Foxxheads

Ha Ha! Ivan always up for a laugh eh?

This one springs to mind as Brit contender..was meant ot be a 'homage' to the mighty League but is/was a total disaster..

Robbie Williams - Louise (fan video)

- there are sooo many bad Euro-cover versions about (our mate Zucchero is guilty of many) I'll have to think about that one.. wink

As I said plenty of euro-stinkers around as far as rotten-egg-cover versions are concerned....
and I know this (ex) blonde bombshell could come up with the goods...the original's bad enough but....:

Raffaella Carrą - Total Eclipse of the Heart

..and how about this Bulgarian beauty doing the X-Factor double-take on the national Music Idol 2

Shanel Erkin - Bleeding Love

not a bad voice, bless her, shame about the "band". laugh

(I'm loving this!)

Just as Samuel Beckett left instructions that none of his plays should ever be changed in anyway, so John Lennon should've told his missus - 'Yokes, whatever happens never let anyone do a cover version of Imagine..ever!!!'

Young Israeli songstress aside, as with many versions of this song, this is just one of the direst cover versions...ever..

Bill Clinton \'doing\' Imagine
:rolleyes:

Gwen Stefani's version of 'It's My Life'

No one, least of all her, should be allowed to cover that song. mad

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.