Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#17901 09/08/08 04:02 PM
I
OP Offline
I
It would appear that three of us (Radio Beach , Mongrel and myself) are into cycling in a big way
Anyone else ? Having just had my first taste of a long distance race , it would be great if we could get a Metamatic team together to either do an etape in France or a Corto/Mediofondo (70/125 k) in Italy
Even if you're not into cycling , but are of an artistic bent , please leave your suggestions for a team jersey below
Rob , if you happen to read this, the big ask , do you think John would be willing to design the jersey himself ?

I like this suggestion from my trusty Velomatic domestique Radio Beach

"Yeah he mentioned the jersey - something about being 'grey from a distance, but when you get closer you can see millions of sponsors logos on it'""

#17902 09/08/08 06:34 PM
Hi Ivan,

I cycle quite a lot.Mainly on a mountain bike.
Most I do is the round trip to work about 28 miles.

I take it you have all the gear & a racing bike?

I'm serious but I'm guessing you guys are 'more' serious laugh

Brian

#17903 09/08/08 07:49 PM
I
OP Offline
I
Hello Brian
If you are doing a 5 day week that's puts you up in the 140 miles a week bracket which makes you a more serious cyclist than me distance wise As you are in Staffordshire I take it you cycle along disaused towpaths or is it main roads ?
Re the gear I've been cycling since I was a kid I'd just weare footy shorts and trainers It's only over the last three years or so I've invested any real money so I have both a aluminium frame/carbon fork Bianchi and Scott I've also invested in proper shoes and cleats , a helmet,padded shorts and the missus got me some Marco9 Pantani glasses for Xmas Total outlay over 20 years or so about 1500 quid on bikes (I had a steel frame Bianchi for 15 years which I recouped on travelling expenses) I don't run a car either
As from yesterday I'm the proud owner of a pair of Colnago Overshoes and a neck warmer Part of the goodie bag from the race !!

#17904 09/09/08 12:05 PM
Hi Ivan,

I dont cycle to work often enough so dont do that much.

probably 70-90 miles per month.

I tend to try & go out for 2 evenings 7-10 mile sessions every week but its so rainy that its putting me off.I Used to go out at weekends but girlfriend & Albion season ticket has put paid to that. laugh

I cycle around Kingsbury Water park,which is made up of loads of lakes.Most of the paths & roads around it are tarmac so its nice & quiet & safe.

The Birmimingham Fazeley canal passes through it so I do cycle along there sometimes fishermen permitting laugh

I occasionally cycle to work in Lichfield.The best part of this is cycling along the old A5 (recently bypassed by a new dual carriageway).
Really quiet & green.

Sounds like you have some serious equipment there.

Brian

#17905 09/09/08 02:49 PM
I
OP Offline
I
Hello again Brian
Thanks for the imput I think you can join the Velomatic peleton

My bike is similar to this I picked up for the bargain price of 600 Euro in July
Lower grade wheels mind

http://scottusa.com/product/68/737/addict_r1
So , you're a Baggie This site must be jinxed Three Matamaticians occupying the relegation positions you , Radio Beach (Spurs) and me(EFC)

15 years of season ticket holding at Goodison made me flee the country smile

I'm shaking my fist at you for Jeff Astle !!!

Davy

Re Jinxes ,I registered on here Aapril 2007 I chose to honour my favourite cyclist One month later , he picks up a 2 year ban !! shocked

#17906 09/09/08 04:00 PM
Oooh - carbon. Droooool.

mongrel

#17907 09/09/08 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
Hello again Brian
Thanks for the imput I think you can join the Velomatic peleton

My bike is similar to this I picked up for the bargain price of 600 Euro in July
Lower grade wheels mind

http://scottusa.com/product/68/737/addict_r1
So , you're a Baggie This site must be jinxed Three Matamaticians occupying the relegation positions you , Radio Beach (Spurs) and me(EFC)

15 years of season ticket holding at Goodison made me flee the country smile

I'm shaking my fist at you for Jeff Astle !!!

Davy

Re Jinxes ,I registered on here Aapril 2007 I chose to honour my favourite cyclist One month later , he picks up a 2 year ban !! shocked
We need to beat the hammers next weekend.
Nice bike BTW.

My first game of the season was against the Toffees.We won the first half anyway.

wow naked external tubeset! wink

I'm preparing to go out around the water (mud) park in a bit.Got to make up for last weeks washout.

Brian

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.