Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#16187 03/14/08 08:16 PM
I
OP Offline
I
Any other afficianados of this amazing Swiss duo on board apart from me ?

#16188 03/14/08 08:56 PM
T
T
I think Yello's finest album is 'Claro Que Si'. I guess it's their most electro sounding and I like it a lot. I also rate 'Solid Pleasure' highly - it's a right eccentric and eclectic debut. smile

After those two I think they were only partly successful in their attempt to broaden their appeal whilst staying semi-off the wall. Although there are quite a lot of things I like from 'You Gotta Say Yes To Another Excess' onwards I don't find any of their other albums truely satisfying.

#16189 03/14/08 09:18 PM
There was a period around "oh yeah" when me and some friends really were into them,but thats all past me now. I cant bear to listen to them.

#16190 03/16/08 12:01 PM
M
M
Love the collaborations with Billy MacKenzie.

#16191 03/16/08 01:45 PM
M
M
I've been playing Yello a lot recently. I like them a lot. It's the cinematic overall flavour that appeals most to me. Each track is a short film.

I only have 5 albums of theirs: 'Claro Que Si', 'Solid Pleasure', You Gotta Say Yes...', 'Stella' & 'Essential Yello' compilation.

Favourite of these is 'Claro Que Si'. I think 'Solid Pleasure' is average & a bit messy in places & the running order doesn't flow very well.

Favourite individual tracks; 'Bostich', She's Got A Gun', 'No More Words', 'Rubber west', 'Rubberbandman', 'Base For Alec'.

#16192 03/17/08 10:09 AM
I did like Yello a lot – but just the early stuff; ‘Solid Pleasure’, ‘Claro Que Si’, ‘You Gotta Say Yes to Another Excess’, ‘Live at the Roxy’ and ‘Stella’ and the odd track after that; ‘The Race’, and MacKenzie’s ‘The Rhythm Divine’

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.