Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 49 of 125 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 124 125
I
OP Offline
I
Get on this mate I know it says arsenal but ...

http://www.livescorehunter.com/streams/1/arsenal.html
Half time 1-1 Link to our game , Tried to ring you but to no avail As Bruce Forsyth would have said "Good game Good game ! " Catch you later st full time

See! Told ya not to wave the white flag!

I thought it'd be a draw because, as I said we're so knackered. But there was no way it was going to stay 1-1 with your lot having what seemed like 70% of the chances and the possession.

It pains me to say, but it was a fair result - well done.

I'm off back to bed (listened to it on the radiogram) and to cheer myself up by cackling with evil laughter everytime the words 'West' and 'Ham' and 'Chelsea' are mentioned.

I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
See! Told ya not to wave the white flag!

I thought it'd be a draw because, as I said we're so knackered. But there was no way it was going to stay 1-1 with your lot having what seemed like 70% of the chances and the possession.

Cheers Garry mate Incredible game We were like 70's Ajax at times Fantastic game even for the neutrals I would wager , My fingernails have gone It's eased our relegation problems hope we haven't derailed your title chase
Boyhood Birmingham fan Robbie Keane off to St Andrews tomorrow smile
Did you not manage to open the link I left you ?

I'm off back to bed (listened to it on the radiogram) and to cheer myself up by cackling with evil laughter everytime the words 'West' and 'Ham' and 'Chelsea' are mentioned.

I
OP Offline
I
It should have read thus

Cheers Garry mate Incredible game We were like 70's Ajax at times Fantastic game even for the neutrals I would wager , My fingernails have gone It's eased our relegation problems Hope we haven't derailed your title chase

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
Quote:
[b] See! Told ya not to wave the white flag!

Cheers Garry mate Incredible game We were like 70's Ajax at times Fantastic game even for the neutrals I would wager , My fingernails have gone It's eased our relegation problems hope we haven't derailed your title chase

[/b]
Chelsea lost and Arsenal and Citeh drew so I think the top remains the same. Good night for you though eh? Liverpool screw up and you go above them!

It's a shame about Keane - I have no idea what Liverpool/Celtic/insert name of boyhood club here/ did to him but he's not the same player - the game seems beyond his reach these days. I hope he does well...except against us.

I tried the link but it didn't work - mac thing maybe.

Right - off to bed now; g'night!

I
OP Offline
I
Hello mate Don't know if you managed to seethe highlights or read the reports We dominated possession but were lucky in the end What a mixed forward line you've got the talented creative magician Van der Vaart and the clueless lumbering giraffe Peter "Crouchy" Crouch Eternally grateful to the latter for stupidly getting offside otherwise it might have been so different
On a sadder footy note , The Yak looked like an aging Sunday League player when he lumbered on
Can you imagine Coleman and Bale together in the same team , mindblowing !!
ADDENDUM 7/1/11 Some tasty writing from a fellow Spudista of yours !
http://tottenhamonmymind.wordpress.com/2011/01/06/does-moyes-read-tottenham-on-my-mind/

I F@@@@CKIN LARVE YOU YOU'RE MAH BESHT MATE HIC!

Apologies guv - just thought I'd deliver an East End 'Hello' to your teams efforts of squirreling those pesky Reds earlier.

We had some pesky Reds ourselves...I'd love to say it was a Derby game...what with half the Red Away-crowd cognescenti being from Surrey..but alas - I can't...(psst! give it 5 years though and Man U WILL move to London...you think I'm joking??? Kind Sir - even the mighty Tottingham are thinking of moving to Stratford...I ain't talking Shakespeare either!!!) Sadly held them at home to a 0-0 draw

What a F@cking boring Sunday!!!! INNIT! laugh

I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
I F@@@@CKIN LARVE YOU YOU'RE MAH BESHT MATE HIC!

Apologies guv - just thought I'd deliver an East End 'Hello' to your teams efforts of squirreling those pesky Reds earlier.

We had some pesky Reds ourselves...I'd love to say it was a Derby game...what with half the Red Away-crowd cognescenti being from Surrey..but alas - I can't...(psst! give it 5 years though and Man U WILL move to London...you think I'm joking??? Kind Sir - even the mighty Tottingham are thinking of moving to Stratford...I ain't talking Shakespeare either!!!) Sadly held them at home to a 0-0 draw

What a F@cking boring Sunday!!!! INNIT! laugh
LUV YER TOO LID !!LET'S GO FOR A KEBAB !
Annoying game for us as I'm sure it was for you I think we both would of settled for a point beforehand .Elvis Presley tried to up the ante and psych us out by leading The Slagheap in a rousing rendition of "Suspicious Minds " and "Wooden Heart " At the end of the day , it's all about getting it in the onion bag or in your and Man U's case , not doing so The Pienaar debate rumbles on . I expect the Mp for Bootle to raise a question in the Commons today (That wouuld be a first , Bootle's invisible MP actually doing something!)I expect him to be posing with 'Arry on the back page of the Daily Mail "Whin I wis a boy in Johannesburg I always drimt of playing for Tottenham Wanderers !" Players come and go , the jersey remains . As the great female philosopher Stevie Nicks once famously opined "Players only love you when they're playing " very profound that almost Camusian . Joking apart Garry , he'll be a good acquisition for you and hard to replace for us

Hiya Ivan,

We signed him today...

and...

...I've no idea why. All we need is an out-and-out striker; a Klinsmann, a Greaves, a Sherringham etc etc

...don't get me wrong - I like Pienaar, just not entirely sure yet what an impact signing he'll be.

I feel like we've just left a restaurant in Everton without paying for no good reason than the opportunity was there to do so. All very odd.

I
OP Offline
I
Just got in from a very long day and just seen your post . His leaving us was almost as inevitable as Townsend issuing another pointless "Best of John Foxx the Ultimate Remix Revamped edition " CD
As you're a mate ,I hope he does the bizz for you I'm afraid I don't have a lot of respect for the mercenary godbotherer . I'm lost on your restaurant quote Did you more or less get him on a free ?
*heads off to wsag to investigate *
Ps to addinsult to injury he didn't bring "Captain Fantastic"down Sarf with him mad mad mad

Page 49 of 125 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.