Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 42 of 125 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 124 125
Nice one Cyril!

Ooooh Stoke! .. we've got them on Saturday innit?
cool

I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Soz guv - no Man Van round 'ere (apologies...I'm reading Up The Junction abook set in the mythical land known as Sarf Lahndun)

Malcom MacDowell's goal - just sublime; goal of the season so far - see it if you can (it’s the second goal; start at 01:10 on the footage)

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/6635559/
Well me old mucker Yer Uncle Ivan was right You gave the Young Savages* of Berne a royal twatting We did likewise to Huddersfield Billy Currie was seen hurling his viola to the ground in frustration in the away section Enjoy what comes next , if you end up at San Siro I'll sort you ticket wise
Going off at a tangent I left you a voice mail chez Radler asking info re eateries down ver Lane (Brick not White Hart) Could you e mail me buy tomorrow afternoon ? Ta .
*Big Den prescient as ever , telling all the world what a twat Robbie Savage is

I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RadioBeach:
[qb] Soz guv - no Man Van round 'ere (apologies...I'm reading Up The Junction abook set in the mythical land known as Sarf Lahndun)

Malcom MacDowell's goal - just sublime; goal of the season so far - see it if you can (it’s the second goal; start at 01:10 on the footage)

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/6635559/
Well me old mucker Yer Uncle Ivan was right You gave the Young Savages* of Berne a royal twatting We did likewise to Huddersfield this evening. Billy Currie was seen hurling his viola to the ground in frustration in the away section Enjoy what comes next , if you end up at San Siro I'll sort you ticket wise
Going off at a tangent I left you a voice mail chez Radler asking info re eateries down ver Lane (Brick not White Hart) Could you e mail me buy tomorrow afternoon ? Ta .
*Big Den prescient as ever , telling all the world what a weapon Robbie Savage is

"The Jekyll-Hyde of you
I can't survive the tide of you
The vicious style of love, the whining
Pits and pendulums of lying
I don't see how you survive in
Self obsessed North Welsh tool wallowing in self pity
Ended up at Derby instead of Citeh !

Saw the South Welsh lad's goal on the link Galantastic !
Sorry about Van the Man , he must have got a puncture on L'Alpe des Seven Sisters

I
OP Offline
I
Morning Gaz , I suppose you already know but just in case Laurent has gone and joined Fausto , Gino and Marco in that great peloton in the sky I hereby give you Fotheringham's tribute

"Adieu Laurent , dernier roi français du vélo"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/sep/01/france-tribute-laurent-fignon

As this is supposedly an electronic music forum by way of a musical send off , something pleasant from the mid 80's when Fignon was at the height of his powers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8COJPsHiVH8&p=9F3349947377AC9F&playnext=1&index=14

Given the way things are shaping up in Liverpool 4 , this is just the cycling thread for me now . I've got nothing to say footywise Talking of which I'll be back on my native Merseyside for three days next week
Once I'm back , a month to get ih serious shape for my second stab at "L^Epica"

Mornin' guv – I’ve been away being best man at a wedding and have missed both posts!

POST #1: Apologies about the Brick Lane thing – for the record Preem is really good. Hahahahahaha! Like the Savage song – despite my hatred of Robbie Savage (he is a complete and utter…complete and utter). I hope we do get to the San Siro! Based on the result against Wigan though – not so sure!

POST #2: I did not know about Laurent Fignon. Many thanks for Fotheringham’s tribute. That’s really sad – a real loss. He really was the Quiet Man of the Tour but I see Fotheringham has translated Fignon’s autobiography – a must buy I reckon.

I’d never heard that Alphaville track before – like the rest of the UK, I only know Big in Japan and Forever Young!

Don’t worry about the (non) goings on in L4 – I’m not too troubled by the lapse we had against Wigan. It’s only September – transfer window’s out the way now, things’ll settle down a bit (I hope).

I’ve been walking about 10 miles a day in training for the C2C and at the weekends I’ve been walking from Bethnal Green to Muswell Hill and back – a distance of about 14 miles approx. I’ve also been relearning navigation techniques in case there’s a whiteout in the hills (one part is 2000ft above sea-level, so a whiteout is possible).

I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Mornin' guv – I’ve been away being best man at a wedding and have missed both posts!

POST #1: Apologies about the Brick Lane thing – for the record Preem is really good. Hahahahahaha! Like the Savage song – despite my hatred of Robbie Savage (he is a complete and utter…complete and utter). I hope we do get to the San Siro! Based on the result against Wigan though – not so sure!
POST #2: I did not know about Laurent Fignon. Many thanks for Fotheringham’s tribute. That’s really sad – a real loss. He really was the Quiet Man of the Tour but I see Fotheringham has translated Fignon’s autobiography – a must buy I reckon.

I’d never heard that Alphaville track before – like the rest of the UK, I only know Big in Japan and Forever Young!

Don’t worry about the (non) goings on in L4 – I’m not too troubled by the lapse we had against Wigan. It’s only September – transfer window’s out the way now, things’ll settle down a bit (I hope).

I’ve been walking about 10 miles a day in training for the C2C and at the weekends I’ve been walking from Bethnal Green to Muswell Hill and back – a distance of about 14 miles approx. I’ve also been relearning navigation techniques in case there’s a whiteout in the hills (one part is 2000ft above sea-level, so a whiteout is possible).
Well in Gazza I'm proud of you mate No need for me to tell you Cumbria/ Co Durham is a lovely part of the world Keep at it .
When are you going ? I've been in a white- out at the foot of the Matterhorn Awesome in the true sense of the word (not as my little princess would describe the latest dirge from Lady Gaga)
I liked Fignon a lot , as you said the Quiet Man of cycling How I wish he'd made those 8 seconds up on Lemond !
Re San Siro I'll get the spare bed ready Rafa Clownkex sems to be doing a marvellous job with Inter as he did with The Shite (this scores 100 on the ironymeter)
I deduce that Ivan never made it to Chateau Radler the lazy get ! Never fear a new copy will be made and sent from Liverpool 20 (Bootle) next week E- mail me your address one more time please
That Alphaville tune will be appearing on "Ivan's all- time top 20 Synth Smashes Crimbo album
I was nearly asking you for a spare bed as we'll be playing the mighty Brentford Dead handy from Heathrow , but it's the little princesses 11th birthday so I'll be boogying my arse off to Lady Gaga on 21st instead of being at Griffin Park !

If you don't hear from me for the next few days don't go phoning Esther Rantzen I'll be sampling the ale in Liverpool then Bremen You as my Directeur Sportif showed me the advantages of going on the lash before an important race last April
G Hensey the Brian Clough of Cycling ! laugh
ADDENDUM
Re transfer window you were nearly off my Xmas card list Pienaar and Saha for Keane and Bentley!!! mad mad apparently those idiots at Sky have to justify their wages by making spurious rumours up
Re"Quand nous etions jeunes et Insouciants" I think I'll go for the original , hope you manage to get your hands on Fotheringham's translation

I’m off late September – when all the tourists have naffed off; really, really looking forward to it – just hope old injuries don’t play up. A whiteout up the Matterhorn? Blimey, I bet that was spectacular!

Yes, the Fat Waiter – hahahaha! I’m still reeling from getting Van der Valk for 8m – bargain! Shame about Woodgate though – I hope he has the operation and that he’s back in the fold in January. For somebody who was involved in that ugly business at Leeds, he seems to of genuinely changed his ways and turned his life around and he’s now well respected; unlike his partner in crime. I hope it works out for him. Toffee Transfers – Pienaar and Saha - all balderdash, piffle, smoke and mirrors as far as I can make out. ‘Arry says he wasn’t interested in anyone at all until Levy told him we could get Van der Valk for 8m.

Talking of ‘Arry; this is hilarious! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJBsI7RAuvk

Sadly Ivan is très Lantern Rouge I fear! Will send address details in a bit!

Of course, if you need a priest-hole ‘dahn sarf’, you’re more than welcome to crash!

Well what can I say about leading you astray ale-wise? As the Brian Clough of cycling; "Rome wasn't built in a day. But I wasn't on that particular job." laugh

PS – Is it wrong to admit; I really, really like Lady Gaga! In a world filled with heart-on-sleeve Weller worshippers, we need Lady Gaga.

I
OP Offline
I
Alright Radler mate Got back in an hour ago from Bremen (flew there from Lpool yesterday) Great night drinking Weizbier with my brother First on a replica 17th century ship moored on the river , then in the (or should that be "das" " ?) Hofbrauhaus
Well I hope my illustrious namesake has successfully completed the "Metamatic , Hell of The North " one day classic from Bootle to Sheffield The Pennines should be easier to cross than The Alps which he failed to do in on the Turin to London Tour ! He was riding with the "Recorded Delivery " team this time round
All good on Merseyside apart from losing my phone (fakkin fieving Scarse gits)*
We've got a game (early kick-off) against some team that plays in red from the Stockport area tomorrow Can't remember their name , but as a nipper I do remember them getting relegated and spending a season in the old Div 2 happy days indeed !!!
*untrue , just one negligent Scarse git ...moi !

3 Graham Parker early Hawkwind and some Scritti to listen to now I'm the man who put the tick into eclectick !

Hiya Ivan,

Sounds like, phone apart, you had a good time. I’ve no idea how your namesake did to be honest – if it’s not le Tour, chances are you won’t read/see/hear about it over here! eek

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh – German Beer! Great stuff. I was in a favourite haunt, Ketzenjammers the other night – it’s the only place I’ve found that genuinely looks and feels Bavarian…only relocated to Southwark smile

So it’s derby day tomorrow eh? Blimey – good luck, not that you’ll need it this season, it’s fair to say they are not the team they once were and haven’t been for a while.

I’m going to a gig in Birmingham early October so was looking for some non-league footy in the area to watch in the afternoon, there’s not much about sadly; ‘state of English football / club closures’ etc etc – will keep looking though.

I’m writing some PR for a new band called The Horn The Hunt so I’ve been listening to them a lot. They’re from ‘a village in West Yorkshire…’ and write electro-folk songs about small town logic and the pressure of place – think Deliverance transported to the new town suburbia;

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=ELlpIpB52Jc

They’ve got a single out soon called Raptor and it really is the best single I’ve heard this year.

I
OP Offline
I
Got that toon on . "Northern Sue and yon Banshee" vibes I'm getting here . Sounds good
I'm in a trance here sitting in front of the computer Think I'd best log off or I'll waste the day
Hope you catch some noon League footy
Other news , read half of Graeme Le Saux's bio on the flight this morning I'd forgotten Blackburn had won the Premier !
Talking of non league things (I hope you manage to get a few matches in all the same) Turns out Bootle cricket club wil be on Sky 23/9 they've reached a final Don't think it'll be on over here mind . Never really been into cricket apart from 70's one day stuff* , but I'll make an exception for this one
If you're not off to S Yorks , give yer man a ring to see if Van the Man got there
*Me and Big Den would be in the Railway End at old Trafford Cricket Ground shouting "LANKY SHEER LA LA LA "
Apparantly got the idea for Metamatic listening to the minimalists beat of West Indies fans shaking their empty pebble filled beer cans smile

Not the derby btw , but just as bad this link will back up whay I said in my previous post
Enjoy ! http://www.statto.com/football/teams/manchester-united/1974-1975

Page 42 of 125 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.