Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 41 of 125 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 124 125
I
OP Offline
I
Alright Gazza Hope it went ok in Sheffield The Real Ivan should be winging his way to Chateau Radler (see my last mail)
Anyone to bring up the 400 on the cycling/footy thread something musical I bet you never thought this lot would appear on Metamatic !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsLq9rnnTCM
but why ? "Think for a minute " before you go further down

Fausto ,Marco ,Eddie Merckx , Sean Kelly too
I wrote this song for you smile
This I discovered reading "Cycling Plus" Mr Heaton has gone up in my estimation
Inspired by Duffield's witterings apparently
*Orders Housemartins and Beautiful South back catalogue *
http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/paul-heaton-to-play-at-bikeradar-live-26800

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! laugh

Oh god I hate that band! Argh! mad

Thank god the silly season is almost upon us - we got Citeh and you've got Blackburn; should be a no-brainer for your lot I reckon.

Post 400 eh! Congrats! cool

Spurs v Man C = 0-0? Hmm, was hoping for a more exciting start to the season where City actually does something!

Didn't seem to be a very glorious game judging by BBC text commentary!

Quote:
Originally posted by solenoid:
Spurs v Man C = 0-0? Hmm, was hoping for a more exciting start to the season where City actually does something!

Didn't seem to be a very glorious game judging by BBC text commentary!
Hiya Chris,

It was a 'thrilling' 0-0 from my point of view - the only thing that kept City's chances alive was Hart. If it wasn't for some fantastic saves we would of won easily. We had 14 attempts on target, City had 4.

We have an absolutely fantastic squad now and a very strong bench also - we just need a capable striker; a Sherringham type of player who does not stop.

I
OP Offline
I
Yo The Radler I trust you were wearing your brown bills last night laugh That 81st minute or whatever at the Wankdorf Stadium in Berne could be a defining moment in your season ,from a possible 4-i deficit to a respectable if not satisfactory 3-2 reverse . I reckon you'll turn it round easily at the Estadio do Spud next week
Good luck anyway
Who has Robbie Keane declared as his boyhood team this week ? Borussia Moechengladbach or Stenhousemuir ? smile

Now I've mastered the vacuous football cliché . I think I'll see if Sky will give me a job as match facilitator

That was indeed a brown trouser situation! Blimey – I almost dropped my chips! wink

Regarding the rhetoric of “We’ll do ‘em at The Lane” that’s being bandied about by many….including me…I’m not so sure. This is the most important game we’ve played in 48 years and some of those a***holes in the glorious Lillywhite and Blue didn’t turn up because ‘they didn’t like the pitch’. mad I won’t go into the old ‘bring back National Service / Hanging’s too good for ‘em’ but…well… bring back National Service! And quite frankly - hanging’s too good for ‘em!

I’m glad Robbie played to be honest – it was his pass that found Pav to get the very vital second goal. I hope we field a poor team against Stoke on Saturday and lose 15-0 if it means we’re well rested and up and running at ‘em with fixed bayonets next Wednesday.

Did I mention we need a capable striker? Proof was there for all to see last night.

You’d do a good job on Sky! They’ve replaced Richard Keyes with some bloke of GMTV (dunno his name I don’t watch it) and quelle surprise – he’s a lot better. Actually, you should put a job application in for MOTD 2 because that has to be one of the worst football shows ever – almost make ITV look professional…almost.

I
OP Offline
I
Yo The Radler ! Hope you enjoyed the "Foxx" gig in Rotherham . What was the encore , Agadoo extended mix on analogue stylophones ?
Hope all is as well can be in South Yorkshire Nearly a perfect weekend for me . spoilt only by the "mighty " Blues Truly horrendous start for us Still , you must be happy "not many teams grind out a result from the bearpit* that is The Britannia Stadium or survive Rory Delap's aerial bombardments "**
All our friend gathered in Villa Danny. As befits my username I chose to ride there (37k each way) This includes three stiff climbs , the final one of which is this
http://www.salite.ch/8044.asp?mappa=http://www.viamichelin.fr/viamichelin/ita/dyn/controller/Cartes-plans?mapId=-tyozxsftgwtx0o&dx=485&dy=330&empriseW=970&empriseH=661
Much good food and drink was consumed on the patio Despite theindulging , I recorded my record time getting back 1 hour 23. Well pleased

*or maybe it's cesspit smile
**Cliche 123 from "The Richard Keys' Book of Vacuous Football Statements "

Great gig – the encore was a version of Paperback Writer complete with Bontempi solo laugh

Was glad we (narrowly) beat Stoke – great second goal by Bale BTW – if you get a chance to see it.

Can’t believe that’s just the final climb – that’s some going! Good work fella! cool

My C2C walk is all sorted and booked – really looking forward to it now! smile

I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Great gig – the encore was a version of Paperback Writer complete with Bontempi solo laugh

Was glad we (narrowly) beat Stoke – great second goal by Bale BTW – if you get a chance to see it.

Can’t believe that’s just the final climb – that’s some going! Good work fella! cool

My C2C walk is all sorted and booked – really looking forward to it now! smile
Morning Gazza Van the Man not got there yet ? I sent you a mail asking if you needed a replacement copy Not had a chance to see Welsh Galan's goal yet Can you link me please , me old china ? Ta

CHRIS SOLENOID If you happen to be browsing , well done last night For one day only I dedicate this song from your Bell ,Summerbee and Lee days by one of my sister's former hearthrobs to Roberto Mancini

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJYSu2OVCGM&translated=1

Ivan 1878 laugh (broadening the musical horizons on Metamatic )

PS I was surprised to see you've persevered with Jo , apart from his initial two game flourish (I actually made the trip back to see him score the opener against Stoke ; I bet you're mightily relieved thast Lescott seems to have finally got his **** together

Soz guv - no Man Van round 'ere (apologies...I'm reading Up The Junction abook set in the mythical land known as Sarf Lahndun)

Malcom MacDowell's goal - just sublime; goal of the season so far - see it if you can (it’s the second goal; start at 01:10 on the footage)

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/6635559/

Page 41 of 125 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.