Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 125 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 124 125
Well done the Spurs.I could sense that you were slighly happy from your FB post laugh

I'd be that happy if WestBrom just stayed in the prem for more than one season

I
OP Offline
I
BRI Welcome back to you too Even if Jeff Astle is a t++t laugh (He made 8 year old me cry all those years ago)) You didn't deserve to go down in the first place

GAZZA you party animal !!Did you watch and celebrate in Camden town again Re the badgers I know a po -faced 80's synth chart topper who'd give you a good price for them He staples them to his head ( That was a classic you came out with in the pub last month )
What are your Giro clothing requirements this year L for you or M for Jo ?
The straggly -haired scarf- wearing one seems very brittle indeed At least he didn't start fighting with 'Arry as he did with Moysey
They should get Mark Hughes back !

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
Well done the Spurs.I could sense that you were slighly happy from your FB post laugh

Hiya Brian!

Cheers guv! Yes...I think it's fair to say I was a 'stream of unconsciousness' on FB! heh!

Up the Baggies!

I don't see why not guv - there's going to be some serious shopping done after the World Cup - your new found status and some intelligent buying decisions could help it along.

Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
[b] Well done the Spurs.I could sense that you were slighly happy from your FB post laugh

Hiya Brian!

Cheers guv! Yes...I think it's fair to say I was a 'stream of unconsciousness' on FB! heh!

Up the Baggies!

I don't see why not guv - there's going to be some serious shopping done after the World Cup - your new found status and some intelligent buying decisions could help it along. [/b]
Cheers Garry.

We need to keep Dorrans,get 2 good strikers,another goalie & a new defensive coach.

That might about swing it laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
GAZZA you party animal !!Did you watch and celebrate in Camden town again Re the badgers I know a po -faced 80's synth chart topper who'd give you a good price for them He staples them to his head ( That was a classic you came out with in the pub last month )
The straggly -haired scarf- wearing one seems very brittle indeed At least he didn't start fighting with 'Arry as he did with Moysey
We were in Muswell Hill this time – could probably be heard in Camden though!

Yes, I’m farming them for him – he needs an endless supply…him and Wogan

Aw bless! Don’t worry about us guv! Thank you though!

'Arry would of squashed him, They should not of got rid of Hughes - big mistake.

I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
[b] GAZZA you party animal !!Did you watch and celebrate in Camden town again Re the badgers I know a po -faced 80's synth chart topper who'd give you a good price for them He staples them to his head ( That was a classic you came out with in the pub last month )
We were in Muswell Hill this time – could probably be heard in Camden though!

Yes, I’m farming them for him – he needs an endless supply…him and Wogan

Aw bless! Don’t worry about us guv! Thank you though!

'Arry would of squashed him, They should not of got rid of Hughes - big mistake. [/b]
ReaL time chat room here Got to go Laters

http://members.boardhost.com/wsag/msg/1273147095.html

Better step in here as a City fan!!

Congrats to Spurs on their win, they've worked hard for the Europe place. Beating City at home is a big deal!!

As for City? As a very long term fan I can say that finishing in the top half of the table is a joy. All too often they have a cracking start, then wind their way slowly (sometimes quickly) towards the lower half (or at least somewhere that I really don't want them to be). Maybe Mancini helped avoid that slide? Maybe Hughes could have done even better? Sadly club owners are in no mood to accept strings of defeats and pick on what they believe is a soft target to provide a "head" to baying fans rather than invest in long term solutions. Not fair, and shows how much they understand the game.

I've been genuinely pleased with City's performance this year on many levels: They've been getting goals, they have been winning some tough games against top clubs, and generally have shown potential. Where they have fallen down (IMVHO)is lacking in a certain "spirit" that gels a team together and makes them truly great - evidenced in throwing away some opportunities at what should be easier games, and always appearing to be struggling to demonstrate dominance. You can pay billions and assemble the greatest stars in the world, but if they don't have chemistry, it isn't going to work. In short, they are still growing, and I HOPE that over the Summer break and into next year they could mature into a really world class squad with that chemistry. The dumbest thing to do now would be to can the manager who has brought them this far and to then start from scratch AGAIN.

The other sad thing is to see City's fair play ranking take a dive. I really love watching good sportsmen and women and detest the antics of infiltrators (can't call them players) like Ronaldo, Ballack, and Drogba - I sincerely hope that the hints I have heard of enforcing the rule where ONLY the captain can talk to the ref may be enforced at this years World Cup will be enforced.

So, "good luck" to THFC next year in Europe, but watch out for us next year!!

Quote:
Originally posted by solenoid:
Better step in here as a City fan!!

The more the merrier Chris! smile

Cheers guv! It really was evens for most of the game, I just genuinely thought Mancini had lost it – and clearly the dressing room also. Not wishing to speculate but another odd moment at the end; Bellamy went over to Redknapp and shook his hand - grinning rather too much for a man whose team had just missed out on a spot in the Champions League. Regarding Mancini - I genuinely think we wouldn’t be having this conversation if Hughes had been given the time needed.

“Where they have fallen down (IMVHO)is lacking in a certain "spirit" that gels a team together and makes them truly great - evidenced in throwing away some opportunities at what should be easier games, and always appearing to be struggling to demonstrate dominance.”

That could be said of my lot also – beat Arsenal, beat Chelsea…lose to Wolves, Sunderland and Stoke. It is starting to come together though.

Quote:
Bellamy went over to Redknapp and shook his hand - grinning rather too much for a man whose team had just missed out on a spot in the Champions League.

Hmm, he has been a rising star this year and could be considered a loss. I suspect, though, that his effort level went up as more "stars" came through the door at Eastlands. Like he improved when he had to fight for his place? If he can maintain current levels he'd be an asset to any team!

Quote:

Regarding Mancini - I genuinely think we wouldn’t be having this conversation if Hughes had been given the time needed.
Don't disagree with you, just suggesting that the esteemed owners don't try and fix "the problem" again by sacking Mancini.

City play West Ham today, and I hope that they break with a tradition of finishing poorly and shine again. West Ham will be trying to salvage some pride so should (has the potential to) be a good game!

I
OP Offline
I
Rads , me fellow vélohead . I'm back :Got the 'puter sorted Il Giro starts int'Dam today
Quite fitting really , given the easy availability of illicit substances laugh
Btw I managed to track down your interview with Big Den in "The Quietus" Good stuff indeed tho you forgot to ask him two questions of fundamental importance
"Burnden Park or The Reebok ? "
"Cheese and Onion or Salt n Vinegar? "
Sunday evening addendum Good old Wiggs won the prologue and Cadel Evans in pink after 2 stages Still in Windmillland
Yet another 95th minute victory for The Mighty Blues Bilyletdinov's shot was a gem apparently
Looks like your lot had been on the lash after their escapades in deepest Lancashire today laugh
I think I've already told you that after we got fourth place , The Arse snotted us 7 (Seven) nil
I bet Membs is driving his combine harvester up and down the main drag where he lives and keeping everyone awake as we speak (or rather type) !!

Page 35 of 125 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.