Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 125 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 124 125
Cheers guv – All I can say, in my best Terry Thomas is; what an absolute shower.

Glad to hear the race went well guv! I’m not always sure where the line in the sand is drawn between radical training / on the lash – think I went for the latter yesterday!
laugh

I
OP Offline
I
Alright mate just getting to the end of the Yugoslavia section frightening and rivetting stuff . Brought back a lot of memories I remember supporting them as a young lad in the 74 World Cup , not just for the Blue Jersey , I thought they were a better footballing side than Holland , which really is saying something . I used to live near the Slovenian border too , so I found that section particularly interesting

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
Alright mate just getting to the end of the Yugoslavia section frightening and rivetting stuff . Brought back a lot of memories I remember supporting them as a young lad in the 74 World Cup , not just for the Blue Jersey , I thought they were a better footballing side than Holland , which really is saying something . I used to live near the Slovenian border too , so I found that section particularly interesting
It's the book you can only read wide-eyed and gob-smacked.

For completely different reasons, I'm enjoying the Studio 54 of Once in a Lifetime: The Incredible Story of the New York Cosmos - there was also a film /documentary based on the book but I've not seen it yet.

In the book they’ve just signed Lazio legend Chinaglia – who’s had to leave Italy after becoming a national villain for calling his manager a ‘Vaf***ulo’ in front of millions at the ’74 World Cup final against West Germany.

PS - If I haven't said so already - many thanks for 'School - not arrived yet, but thanks for sending! smile

I
OP Offline
I
You're more than welcome mate re the Institution for the Audibly Impaired " *

Chinaglia these Welsh are so uncouth !! Ivan's footy factlet du jour He was born in the South Welsh valleys Bet you're shocked now He probably snogged Green Gartside's Mam at the school disco to Tom Jones "GReen Green Grass of Home " hence her lad's name I'll check it out on Wiki , that font of all knowledge , just to be sure

**They used to do rehearsal in a school which served that purpose
Partly right Italian born , but grew up in Wales

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giorgio_Chinaglia

According to the book he's born in Carrara but moved to Wales very early in his life and sounds Welsh when he speaks.

Sadly I can't find any youtube footage from the Fast Show of Paul Whitehouse doing his Geordie Italian footballer character, so, for no reason whatsoever here he is as Ron Manager
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWzkxe98auc&feature=related

laugh

I
OP Offline
I
Well done The Radler ! You can probably feel the envy from here It looked like a great night for both of us until our season imploded in injury time mad
Caught you on here because the little one is on her day trip with my phone If any weird messages about High School Musical or Hannah Montana come thru to you today ," not guilty your Honour " smile

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!

cool

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!!!

Soooooooooooooo happy this morning! And what a volley!!! Did you see the goal from Rose? It was Roy of the Rovers stuff - unbelievable!

Sorry to see your cruel fate delivered by Jagielka guv. I watched the highlights afterwards - Villa were a mere shadow from what I saw.

Completely unrelated but very funny -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1B2m-mASdQ&feature=player_embedded

laugh

I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
[b]YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!

cool

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!!!

Soooooooooooooo happy this morning! And what a volley!!! Did you see the goal from Rose? It was Roy of the Rovers stuff - unbelievable!

Sorry to see your cruel fate delivered by Jagielka guv. I watched the highlights afterwards - Villa were a mere shadow from what I saw.

Completely unrelated but very funny -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1B2m-mASdQ&feature=player_embedded

laugh [/b]
Ta ! Das war sehr komisch "Tommy Atkins und Tery Christian vee haf made you a gut lesson Ja
Not seem the Wundergoalfrom your Wunderkind yet , I shall endeavour to check it out .
Have the Scaarse- gits* reached Chateau Radler yet ?
Isn't Warren Alf Garnett Mitchell a Spud too , despite portraying a Spammer?
PS Will Almunia be getting your player of the season award . Howard is in the running for Villa's mad

The goal is here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TMALLeB5B4 It’s only 30secs - See it before Sky take it down!

Gomes was easily Man of the Match – the unbelievable saves he made kept us in it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53s584tsvmA

Yep – Mitchell’s a Spud! Sadly Langer and Co. have yet to visit – will let you know when they do!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
[b]
Have the Scaarse- gits* reached Chateau Radler yet ?
[/b]
Hiya Ivan! Langer and Co are in tha House!!! Cheers guv! Arrived this morning - will give 'em a blast tonight and over the weekend

cool

Got Membs bunch of hoodlums tomorrow - that's a rum number guv and no mistake :rolleyes:

Still, after Wednesday - who knows? smile

Page 32 of 125 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.