Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 125 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 124 125
I've only one thing to say to the pair of you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myO0_1sjbEA&feature=sub

..Ivan - might come in handy in teaching foreigners the meaning of the word,erm, 'snatch' ..nicht wahr?

I
OP Offline
I
MEMBS Like it Good arfage Thanks for taking time off from sticking pins in your José Mourinho Doll to post it smile

RADLER Got your reply Ta Glad you like (Les soeurs) MCGARRIGLE (sisters)
Think I've mentioned it on here before , check out Nick Cave's "No more shall we part " They provide the chorus on track 3 Hallelujah
As you're a Sarf , I shall be mailing you soon re travelling in that there Landan As a Northern monkey I can't get my head round Oyster Cards Our nearest station will be Norbury (Zone 3) Any advice ? on here even
You'll like this by the way "The Mackem Mourinho" smile Close your ears around 1m 50 both you and Woolwich get a mention ! Brian Wilson and Mike Love's lawyers are on the case as we speak !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pU0rt10aa0&feature=related

On the contrary sir! I hold great respect for Mourinho (the most antipatico 'mister' this side of the Azores) .... and all he did chez Stamford Bridge ..
That said I know he shall have no peace before he holds the Champions Cup in his hands, ergo he would always be a formidable opponent in said tournament ..
but we wuz robbed anyways.... :rolleyes:

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
Any advice ?
Advice? Yeah – it’s Croydon!!!!! So head Norf! laugh

You’ll be in good company Ivan – the wiki page for Norbury lists Notable residents as;

TV PRESENTER Michael Aspel
MUSICIAN Marc Bolan
FOOTBALLER Ian Wright
COMEDIAN Dave Allen
WRITER Kingsley Amis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norbury

Such is the hectic lifestyle of Norbury residents, they’ve failed to notice that three of their alumni are ‘resting’! laugh

But seriously folks - I’ve never been to Norbury guv – sorry! Only ever pass through Streatham on my way to Brighton!

The only advice I can offer is that you don’t accept a lift from Gloria Jones!

Cheers for the Phil Brown link - almost as great as Pet Sounds...can I get it in mono? wink

On a completely different subject - 'ave a butchers at this! Heavy on the mountain stages! cool

http://www.letour.fr/2010/TDF/COURSE/us/le_parcours.html

I
OP Offline
I
Did you catch any of it Radler ? Oscar Freire in a drizzle -bound San Remo . I mailed you yesterday We took up our specks in Pozzolo Formigaro (3k north of Novi Ligure) in the drizzle too . They usually go thru between 11.57 and 12,05 The three "Fugiaschi" went thru at this time and the peloton folowed on 20 minutes later ! Well slow .
Don't know if you've seen my reading reply , but Zavvi have finally sent me Kimmage's "Rough Ride ", good stuff but the first person narrative can be a bit wearing . You read it yourself ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
Did you catch any of it Radler ?
Alwight guv – nah nuffink, sadly didn’t catch any of it – not even via satellite or anything. Mind you, I did spend yesterday afternoon supporting Mau Utd for a few good hours – I’m sure you approve! wink

Great weekend eh? Heh!

Pozzolo Formigaro – looked it up; it’s a commune? Am I getting that right? Had a look on Google images – looks like a lovely little medieval town or summat?

Rough Ride – I tried reading it years ago and again in 2007 and he’s a likeable guy, but it’s his…I can’t think of the word for it but…y’know when someone discovers religion or gives up smoking and they want to tell you all about it in a strange fervour – it read a bit like that for me.

Will respond tonight/or when the weekends hangover clears laugh

I
OP Offline
I
A very good weekend indeed cycling and footywise I thought Den might have had me banned after our mauling of the Trotters "Hey oop Robin , dorn't let yon Blue bindipper ont'site this week " smile
I think "you'll never walk again " will have to be replaced with Mr Foxx's "No one driving" at the tin mine after their escapades this weekend
You and 'arry are firmly in the driving seat , don't blow it for 4th place
Off to work laters. Good luck for the hangover !!

I
OP Offline
I
Yo my Wembley -bound Spud amigo !! Congratulations (Don't worry , I'm not going to put a You Tube Cliff Richard link up !
Got your mail
I bet your next posting in the "What are you listening to " thread will be
Heaven Psychodelic Furs
Carpenters Top of the World
Perfect Day Lou Reed laugh
Thnks to our efforts and great result last night , you should be enjoying CL football next season as well . EFC as Spuds' domestique in Denim City last night Impressive stage win , but we won't be anywhere near the podium come the last day of the season
Real pity about London , we could have been sat in our Velo Metamatic jerseys supping copious amounts of ale to celebrate .
Is the semi on your agenda or usual impossible ticket situation ?

Hiya Ivan!

It was a fantastic night for us and as well as your lot taking on Citeh (there was such a volume of cheer at The Lane when your second goal went in, I thought I’d missed a goal on the pitch!), Villa only managed a point against Sunderland…and we’ve got Portsmouth this weekend!

Still, I can’t bring myself to mention the words ‘t*p f**r’ – that’s probably a mid-table mediocrity style of thinking which I’m totally at fault for, it’s just that with Tottenham I’ve been here before; two seasons under Jol – always the 5th bridesmaid never the Champions League Bride. And lurking in the darker corners of the 1980s that is the West Stand of White Hart Lane is the a stack of bodies in a cart with a black stripe across their shirts, marked for the pit of injuries, which added Corluka to its list last night. And we have three ‘cup finals’ next month – the filth, Chelsea and Man U.

To be honest, I’ve not thought about the ticket situation – there was a good first 45 minutes last night where I didn’t need to think about it at all as it looked like Fulham’s! Bentley changed the game completely though – he’s grown up and done good this season and as Spurscentric as I am, I think he deserves a place in the England squad.

Page 29 of 125 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.