Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 125 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 124 125
I
OP Offline
I
Awight again Gaweth !!
A rare morning off for me , so I finally got a run in through the slush and snow
First of all , all the very best on your rehabilitation . I hope it's not hindering your work . So Spurs were slain on the altar of "MIck McCartney's Wolves " Tell me about it We only scraped a draw in the dying minutes against the very same Likewise we were victims on the altar of "Phil Brown's Hull " in November , so I share and feel your pain maaaan . Have yoou noticed crap teams and crap managers always come as a full deal . "Raffa Benitez's Liverpool" being another case in point . Talking of footy I ordered "The Damned United " film from Zavvi early Jan , still to arrive I can't see it being as good as the film Going from the sublime to the ridiculous , someone gave me that Cass Pennant book (in Italian) To use your words above , truly woeful and badly translated , it's so bad it's good Brought back unwanted memories of the 70's They've particularly got it in for your lot . I hate the phoney East End ethos "Yeah , we never maimed and stanley knived our own , only others and we'd all have a sing song with our mothers that we loved, sitting around the old joanna on Sunday whilst eating jellied eels .
Got to go I'll e mail you too . Membs is very quiet today isn't he ? smile
Our clash a mere 2 weeks away ! It'd be difficult to squeeze as much drama in again as last time I wish you all the best for 4th (purely selfish reasons)

Heh! Shhhhhhh! Don’t tell Membs! Heh!

I always find it funny when a crap manager transfers from one crap team to another crap team – it’s as if they know their station! “Welcome back, Owen Coyle!!!!!!” hahahahahahahaha!

I never, ever read those books – there’s a Trevor Tanner one about our lot. I just can’t stand it. It’s like the marketing and re-branding of the Krays, Frankie Fraser etc – like you say “we never killed our own and loved our mums, gaw’d bless ‘er, sniff!”. Scum is scum and I don’t wanna subscribe in any form. All I can say about The Damned United is – the book is superb, the film is something else entirely sadly.

Yep – having said all that - get yer digital Stanley out in two weeks yer Toffee! GERTCHA! laugh

I
OP Offline
I
I always find it funny when a crap manager transfers from one crap team to another crap team – it’s as if they know their station! “Welcome back, Owen Coyle!!!!!!” hahahahahahahaha!

Yep – having said all that - get yer digital Stanley out in two weeks yer Toffee! GERTCHA! laugh [/QB][/QUOTE]

Gazza be careful lid. You've been brave but foolhardy . Right as you are , the golden rule on here is "You don't diss the Trotters ! " Big Den will have you banned from the site !!
I'm sharpening my cyber Stanley knife as we speak !!

I
OP Offline
I
Guten Tag , Herr Radler (as you Berliners are wont to say )
I see you lot gave the Pie -Eaters "What for" again 12 (Twelve) nil on aggregate.We didn't do so bad ourselves as you pointed out in your e mail . I think next Sunday's inevitable hiccup and subsequent disappointment will galvanise you into getting that coveted 4th place laugh
You can doss at ours for The San Siro game next season !

I
OP Offline
I
Feel free to pick on the carcass of the remnants of our season "down ver Lane" on Sunday .Our only hope is the Inland Revenue swooping in on North London and arresting 'Arry during the course of the match and us being awarded the game by default ! Truly dire in Lisbon last night shocked mad (to the power ten)
Ignore previous post (which you have done anyway smile )
You can still doss at ours but my cocky Danny Dyeresque swagger has well and truly gone !

Apologies Ivan – no idea why I didn’t notice the previous post. San Siro?? Isn’t that a ‘70s Japanese TV Detective show? wink You’ll have to forgive me – my brethren haven’t travelled abroad for a looooong time!

Lisbon – yeah; bit of a sea change from the team that beat Yahnited at the weekend. Moyes was trying not to spit blood on SSN this morning.

I think now we’ve finally put Crazy Paving on the pitch we might have a chance – both teams are fairly evenly matched (along with, dare I say it, Villa) – but we are known for blowing it when the big day comes – I mean Wolves for god’s sake! We've no more than leap frogged because Citeh are so poor. Mind you - we didn’t spend mid-week travelling to Europe. On the wire this one guv.

I
OP Offline
I
Well played The Spuds GGRRRRR mad mad
I'll be magnanimous and put our defeat down to Modric Magic rather than imcompetence o the part oif the "goalminder "
Furthermore the "Hurdy Gurdyman " missed an absolute sitter for the equaliser Must be on more drugs than his 60's namesake smile
All in all given our Americans performances dahrnt'Lane yesterday I'm glad Canada twatted Usa in the Ice Hockey ! scant consolation mind !!
Good 50k cross country ski race too to bring Vancouver to its conclusion

http://www.wsag.org/2010/03/tottenham-hotspur-2-everton-1/#more-1272

Hiya Ivan! cool

I assumed because it wasn’t on Sky that it wasn’t being shown – completely forgot about ESPN! Wandered out yesterday morning to get a paper when I noticed the pub advertising the game. And it was a beautiful game…for the first 45 minutes. As you say, it really was a game of two halves. Luckily for us – we had the first! laugh

No idea what happened to us in the second though half – we went missing for about 20 minutes and yeah – Sunshine Superman did for you I reckon – what a miss! Gomes was having one of his Grobbelaar days, which is never fun. Everyone’s giving Modrić Man of the Match but as you rightly pointed out - Niko Kranjčar should also be noted for his work for us (…can you believe no one wanted him and we got him for £2.5 million last year?)

In your article you said;

“Tottenham never really change. They play if you let them and in the early stages Everton struggled to put them under much pressure.”

But there were so many points in the second half where you could of easily swapped the position of the teams names in that quote.

I
OP Offline
I
Morning Radler
As I said on the "Welsh thread" Milano San Remo coming up soon Rare morning off so got into real Ivan mode and did the "Dazio" twice 5 miles from my doorstep Well handy

http://www.salite.ch/7543.asp?mappa=http://www.viamichelin.fr/viamichelin/ita/dyn/controller/Cartes-plans?mapId=-ty0xvi52g0wx0o&dx=485&dy=330&empriseW=970&empriseH=661

I hope your running gets back on schedule
BTw I've asked the head honcho at WSAG to see if they can come up with our very own cycling jersey
I hope it comes off !
How's Frau Radler getting on with the old or even altes Deutsch ?

Blimey! Hors Categorie Monsieur Ivan! Running’s good so far – bleedin’ parky outside though. Good luck with the jersey! A mate of mine’s a Col.U supporter exiled to Cheshire – so he got some ‘Col.U Northern Exiles’ T-shirts made up – nice too. He sold out of the lot of them via Facebook – so I’m guessing it’s easy to do.

Frau Rads is doing very well but it's a lot of werk. She's covered the flat in Post-It notes with the names of every item they’re attached to in German! It’s not affected me a bit.

Tchüss! wink

Page 27 of 125 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.