Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 125 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 124 125
M
M
Cycling thread? Here's my contribution:

New personal best of the lowest temperature and still going to work cycling was done today: -22 C. My previous record was - 21 C. The distance one way is 11,9 km / 7,4 miles.

I
OP Offline
I
*Applauds wildly * well done !! how many layers of clothing were you wearing ?
As you're from Finland , where would you recommend for my other passion , cross country skiing
I've heard lots of good things about Lahti ( Flight to Tampere ?)
Don't say Lapland it's too expensive !!
Where are you from exactly I've only ever been top Helsinki
Feel free to start a cross country skiing thread !

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
I replied to your mail ont'7th inst ! I was supposed to be on Moyseyside but unfortunately I had a connection from Turin to Manc in that famous third world city London ! The locals' inability to remove the white stuff from the runway resulted in my flight being cancelled , so I never went . I explained this in my mail
Anyway If you do manage to dig it out , you'll see why we went to Florence It now makes The Spurs/Toffees clash a non starter as my spare cash has gone ! Anyway if you get a chance to reply (Not on here obviously) let me know how work is going (well I hope) As always the inevitable running question , are you still regularly engaging in said activity ?
I’ll look into it tonight. There’s an awful lot of very important emails that only turned up on Monday after we got BT to refresh our account: stuff from British Gas, insurance etc that we’re still ploughing through.

Sorry to hear about your journey. I can’t believe that most countries in Europe have the ability to clean away snow from runways and here in the UK it’s like we’ve never seen the snow before. Ridiculous!

Work – will do. Running regularly again and have been for a while now – did stop for two weeks over xmas though (whilst up north). I alternate with interval training one day, simple running the next.

I
OP Offline
I
Glad to hear you're up and running Just re-read my first mail should read "about than" or it doesn't make sense
I'm still running twice a week sometimes in the snow and frost Been on the bike too I've punctured twice in the last month and on both occasions it's been nigh on impossible to change the inner tube , numb hands and cold hard unyielding tyre , a marriage made in hell . I felt like a beginner I normally take about 4 minutes . They first time 35 minutes and bleeding knuckles , the second time I pushed it the 3 miles back , waddling along on my cleats !
A pity , I like Winter cycling but I don't want to go throught that again

M
M
Ivan Basso: Today I wore 5 pants/trousers, 5 layers on my torso and several items of clothing to cover my head & face. Under all the clothes only my toes were freezing despite 3 pairs of socks (including woollen ones) and warm boots.

I haven't done cross country skiing since 1987 (!!) when I was in army. The school practically killed any interest of skiing because you had to do it so much there. Many Finns of my generation has a similar story to tell. I don't know how it is nowadays.

Anyhow.. I live in Jyväskylä and more precisely next to Laajavuori . I suppose this is pretty good place for both cross country skiing and going down slopes. Still I would imagine that Lahti is better for cross country skiing. Lahti is actually closer to Helsinki than Tampere.

I
OP Offline
I
Go your mail Radler lid . TA ! I've replied very quickly Just to reiterate , have a good one mate Catch you next week ?

Quote:
Go your mail Radler lid . TA ! I've replied very quickly Just to reiterate , have a good one mate Catch you next week ?
Cheers guv - already replied! All told, it should be working now!

I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Normall:
[b]Ivan Basso: Today I wore 5 pants/trousers, 5 layers on my torso and several items of clothing to cover my head & face. Under all the clothes only my toes were freezing despite 3 pairs of socks (including woollen ones) and warm boots.

I haven't done cross country skiing since 1987 (!!) when I was in army. The school practically killed any interest of skiing because you had to do it so much there. Many Finns of my generation has a similar story to tell. I don't know how it is nowadays.

Anyhow.. I live in Jyväskylä and more precisely next to Laajavuori . I suppose this is pretty good place for both cross country skiing and going down slopes. Still I would imagine that Lahti is better for cross country skiing. Lahti is actually closer to Helsinki than Tampere. [/b]
Many thanks my Finnish friend or even KITOS smile I hope I can make it one day I was over in Helsinki mid September 2001 I liked it a lot Special offer with Finnair Milan to Helsinki You had to book one week before (100,000 lire now 52 euro and our baby for free So we booked on 7 Sept 4 days later 9/11 happened ! It was really weird to see Milan airport so empty

I
OP Offline
I
Morning Radler lid . Glad to see you made it off the physio's table to make a post I hope you're up and running very soon . The last five days have been like the reverse of that early classic Vangelis work "Heaven and hell" , but now I'm like the late great Karen Carpenter "On Top of the World " . As your blessed 'Arry* is prone to saying "It's a fanny** old game "
Dame David says it much better than I ever could

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJjASV20kc

The refrain rather than the title !

*I should imagine he'll be finding the Ghost of Portsmouth future rattling its chains at the bottom of his bed very soon
**Or even that odious yard -dog John Terry smile

Quote:
Morning Radler lid . Glad to see you made it off the physio's table to make a post I hope you're up and running very soon . The last five days have been like the reverse of that early classic Vangelis work "Heaven and hell" , but now I'm like the late great Karen Carpenter "On Top of the World " . As your blessed 'Arry* is prone to saying "It's a fanny** old game "
Dame David says it much better than I ever could

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJjASV20kc

The refrain rather than the title !

*I should imagine he'll be finding the Ghost of Portsmouth future rattling its chains at the bottom of his bed very soon
**Or even that odious yard -dog John Terry smile
Mornin' Ivan!

Yep - it's gettin better man! smile More work this afternoon on the old boat race though - bah!

Congrats on last night! Hope that takes a few of last weekends clouds away. Normal service has been resumed (exhumed) for us looking at last night's woeful performance.

Talking of woeful performances - cheers for the vid of The Dame. Ah Bless his little Gucci socks - Despite the Wilde-er aspects, I think he's trying to rip that Kirk Douglas Van Gogh film. Unfortunately for the Dame, Douglas can act.

Glad to hear the skies over yer homestead are clearing - will write soon!

Page 26 of 125 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.