Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 125 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 124 125
I
OP Offline
I
Kinell Radler , See you just scraped past The Pie Eaters !!
I think you'd better phone Jenas and apologise for your rash remarks of a few weeks ago .
Go easy on little old us in two weeks hence !!!
As far as I'm concerned , our situation is best summed up by mid 80's Serie B synthhead Howard Jones "Things can only get better " It would be difficult to get any worse .
The land of our forefathers were unjustly shafted in midweek weren't they ?

Mornin' Ivan!

What a weekend! Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! I have no voice this morning and a very bad hangover but I’m just so stupidly happy! Jenas? Hmmmm I’ll let hin off this time but he was only on 10 minutes!

Is it really a fortnight away? Blimey – that snuck up a bit quick…looking forward to that! Heh!

Mid-week was disgraceful, absolutely disgraceful. I notice Platini - a man not short on giving his opinions publicly on anything and everything about ‘a fair game’ has been very, very quiet about his national team.

Still, Thierry Henry and the damage done aren’t going to ruin my week! I’ve been scouring the papers at work, and here’s the best write-up for yesterday (from The Guardian). It should be said in a ‘Charlton-Heston-coming-down-off-the-mountain-with-a-big-stone-tablet’ sort of voice with John Williams doing his Star Wars thing…

"There is simply no containing Tottenham Hotspur on occasions such as these. To gawp at the sight of this team shredding Wigan was to acknowledge that, where Manchester City have the money and Liverpool the expectation, Spurs boast the firepower to keep them in the top four this term. At their slick best, this side is utterly irrepressible.

Jermain Defoe's seven-minute hat-trick, and a five-goal haul all plundered after half-time, took the breath away but this was a remarkable show of team attacking. Aaron Lennon, recovered from an ankle injury, and Niko Kranjcar offered contrasting if equally stunning play on either flank. Tom Huddlestone and Wilson Palacios steamrollered a Wigan midfield that is normally physically imposing. The Latics departed the pitch a collection of quivering wrecks. Real psychological damage may have been inflicted."

Just love that last bit! hahahahaha! laugh

I
OP Offline
I
SAY WE CAN , SAY WE WILL*
NOT JUST ANOTHER DROP IN THE OCEAN **

http://www.wsag.org/2009/12/spur-us-the-cutter/#more-883

* Hoping against hope here
**The AEK Result

I
OP Offline
I
Yo The Radler !
.On the ale in Munchen ! Lucky you Did you hit the Crimbo markets ? Will all your nearest and dearest be receiving candles , bags of cinnamon flavoured biscuits and Gluhwein sachets ?
Just seen your e mail reply Our two teams produced the match of the season there .
I was undecided on our man of the match Howard or young debutant Seamus Coleman But after much debate , I'm giving it to .......

Peter Crouch ! laugh You're a very classy act with a donkey leading the line . Why wasn't Robbie "Keano" Keane playing ? Surely he's much better !

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
Yo The Radler !
.On the ale in Munchen ! Lucky you Did you hit the Crimbo markets ? Will all your nearest and dearest be receiving candles , bags of cinnamon flavoured biscuits and Gluhwein sachets ?
Just seen your e mail reply Our two teams produced the match of the season there .
I was undecided on our man of the match Howard or young debutant Seamus Coleman But after much debate , I'm giving it to .......

Peter Crouch ! laugh You're a very classy act with a donkey leading the line . Why wasn't Robbie "Keano" Keane playing ? Surely he's much better !
Crouch?! eek

Howard was MOTM for me – he gave you lot a bit of fire (not that your lot bleedin’ needed it at that point since out defence was introducing you to the wonderful properties of striking flint together near dry brackling).

Yes, Munchen was great! From what I remember! laugh

Keano might be on his way to Celtic on loan – I think his lost weekend at The Bindippers has got to him and he still thinks he’s playing for the Fat Waiter!

[img]http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gallery/2009/dec/06/liverpool-europa-league?picture=356515397[/img]

I
OP Offline
I
Chin up Radler , we nearly met the same fate as you when dancing with wolves at home in October An equaliser in the 83rd minute spared our blushes Was Robert Plantpot jumping up and down at the Lane ? He was at GP Two great games on the trot for us Valiantly drawing is the new winning smile
At the risk of being struck off your Crimbo card list , a great win for The Arse against The Shite at The Tin Mine laugh

Hi Ivan,

I couldn’t believe it or understand it at all – jaw-dropping shock horror of a bad result for us. Then I discovered that Keane had taken them all on a bender in Dublin the night before – because ‘Arry had banned them from any festivities whatsoever.

Words fail me, they really do – these over-priced to$$3rs are sitting on a dream ticket and they p*** on it. ****ing useless. mad

I
OP Offline
I
Gaz lid !!
I was thinking about you last night You let yourselves and us down yer daft spuds !!
This is just to try and catch your attention as all is quiet on the e mail front
As you probably gathered from my last mail I've got a lot more to worry about about footy at the moment. With that in mind , we've just got back from Florence expensive but reassuring trip
Hope all is well with you and yours in London and Sheffield

Ivan! Long time no see! Hope you had a good new year guv!

Oh gawd – that was awful to watch. Awful, awful, awful. I want to scream and rant – mumble/bark something about referees or injuries but truth be told – we were outplayed, out-thought…outeverything. And that’s the worrying thing; no one to blame but ourselves. I don’t want to hear anymore talk from ‘Arry about t*p f**r ever again – not on the back of that game.

I got a postcard but I’ve not seen an email – will check with Auntie BT tonight (- I got a new phone at xmas; one of those gizmo ones with e-mail and stuff and summat to do with synching the phone to my home email has ensured some e-mail slips through the cracks completely). Hope you had a good trip and all is well with you.

Gazza

I
OP Offline
I
I replied to your mail ont'7th inst ! I was supposed to be on Moyseyside but unfortunately I had a connection from Turin to Manc in that famous third world city London ! The locals' inability to remove the white stuff from the runway resulted in my flight being cancelled , so I never went . I explained this in my mail
Anyway If you do manage to dig it out , you'll see why we went to Florence It now makes The Spurs/Toffees clash a non starter as my spare cash has gone ! Anyway if you get a chance to reply (Not on here obviously) let me know how work is going (well I hope) As always the inevitable running question , are you still regularly engaging in said activity ?

Page 25 of 125 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.