Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 125 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 124 125
I
OP Offline
I
Morning Sir !
,Just seen your stream of consciousness reply. Brilliant. You are North London's answer to James Joyce/Italo Svevo I'll reply here , as by your own admission , you tend to overlook e mails Thanks for your encouragement , but I'm still on a downer , re the events of the last week you're right three bleeding games in five days never happens to the precious "Big" four . It really annoying The dour staight-talking ginger- haired Scot with whom I share a name has done wonders over the the last seven years basically transforming the turd he inherited off Walter Smith into a semi-precious diamond Great manager , not too clever at buying but great motivator/tactician he'd built our own "Stairway to Heaven" (Maaaan) but due to injuries it has now collapsed and all that hard work has gone up in smoke .Instead of pushing for the fabled top 4 place (which Sky and all conveniently forget had already been achieved ( against the Barcodes in 2005 .I was there , it was brilliant) we now find ourselves destined to mid-table anonimity at best
If I may draw a dark humourous parallel on here , it would be thus
"John and the boys have just completed "Systems of Romance " at Conny Plank's studio they decide to hit the various Stube and Bierkeller to celebrate . Much Bier und Schnapps is consumed
Flash forward to the next morning John wakes up in Cologne Krankenhaus feeling the worse for wear with blurred vision He notices Billy Currie , Chris Cross and Warren Cann standing round his bedside , holding a box of "Quality Street " , a bunch of Grapes and "Take-a.Break" respectively
Billy Currie asks "You alright Den? " to which our hero replies "Some night that . Last thing I can remember were yon fookin' steps int' Bierkeller!" He looks down to see his hands covered in bandages and the penny drops. Currie says "Listen mate , no hard feelings but we've got to move on ; I've been talking to me mate Midge and we've got plans " JF "Yon Scottish bloke what looks like a spiv and he were in Slik , weren't he ?? " "Aye , the very same , Den ". Mr Foxx takes five months to recover and rather than going on to make the ground.breaking "Metamatic" has to scrape a living by playing his Yahama at weddings and barmitzvahs , belting out such classics as "Agadoo ,Come on Eileen and Son of my Father "
Basically I fear my beloved Toffees are running along "Parallel Lines "
Anyway , rant over Worse day in the calendar for me today for personal reasons . I'll explain why in an e -mail .Re the above post , think it over, I think it's the 13th May

Why thank you kind sir! Virginia sends her love wink

Hahahahahaha! There is a mirror universe out there somewhere where it’s Chas, Dave & John Foxx featuring Mick the Stick – “It’s a Burning Sideboard! Alright! Gertcha!” laugh

I really wouldn’t worry – it’s October; players get tired/injured/sent down for 18 months and managers get fired/hired and clubs change the names of their ground/hot dog stand/pie concession – as The Dame once said; ‘ch-ch-ch-ch-changes…’ always this time of year.

Things will settle soon-ish – you just need a few mediocre games against some lower/mid table fluff (“Good evening Portsmouth!”) and you’ll get through. I had so many Black Oktobers at Spurs (1992 – 2008) I forgot that leaves normally stay on trees and are usually a greenish colour not brown.

Sorry to hear that you’re having a rough time of it – will check my email tonight/tomorrow, and chat about Giro etc.

G
Gem Offline
G
Far be it from me to interrupt the musing aloud of two great comedy minds, but I've got to say: cheers, Ivan, that was the best laugh I've had in ages. laugh The Foxxy version of 'Agadoo' could well have turned out to be an experimental masterpiece...

Quote:
Originally posted by Gem:
Far be it from me to interrupt the musing aloud of two great comedy minds, but I've got to say: cheers, Ivan, that was the best laugh I've had in ages. laugh The Foxxy version of 'Agadoo' could well have turned out to be an experimental masterpiece...
Heh! laugh I hear a rumour Gem that Ivan's appearing in panto in Blackpool early next year wink

I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
Originally posted by Gem:
[b] Far be it from me to interrupt the musing aloud of two great comedy minds, but I've got to say: cheers, Ivan, that was the best laugh I've had in ages. laugh The Foxxy version of 'Agadoo' could well have turned out to be an experimental masterpiece...
Heh! laugh I hear a rumour Gem that Ivan's appearing in panto in Blackpool early next year wink [/b]
BY default for one night only , because Curly out of Coronation Street has a prior engagement He's opening a supermarket at the Octagon Centre in Bolton (John should have been doing this , but he'll be on Xmas Special "Blankety Blank " on Lilly Savage's team !
Gem , many thanks for your kind words I'm blushing here ! BTW Radler got your mail Ta Never knew your were on nodding terms with Ozzy Osborne and Rickee out of Eastenders ! smile

Rubbing shoulders with giants . Senor Bee-ja no less

You : "Awight Wickee Mate Watchya !"
Him: Olà Gatha Buenos Dias Next week we stuff the Arse down the Line Thees is fact !
Sorry about your defeat on Satdee (Your lot and my lot have defeats The self styled "top 4 "merely suffer "Reverses" Anyway,it's our fault , we lulled you into a false sense of security on Tuesday night !

I’m always rubbing shoulders with the stars me – funnily enough Martin Chivers is in town this week! Big Chiv!

Good luck on Thursday against Benfica. We’ve got Sunderland this weekend – I have absolutely no idea how it’s going to go, not after the kamikaze of last weekend

Fantastic interview with Jenas on SSN this morning…if your idea of one of your players living in Walter Mitty-land and going ‘la-la-la, la-la-la, I can’t hear you’ and sticking his fingers in his ears is your idea of a fantastic interview – it completely passes him by that we surrendered on Saturday morning and HE’S STILL talking about a top **** spot – utter ****
mad

I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
I’m always rubbing shoulders with the stars me – funnily enough Martin Chivers is in town this week! Big Chiv!

Good luck on Thursday against Benfica. We’ve got Sunderland this weekend – I have absolutely no idea how it’s going to go, not after the kamikaze of last weekend

Fantastic interview with Jenas on SSN this morning…if your idea of one of your players living in Walter Mitty-land and going ‘la-la-la, la-la-la, I can’t hear you’ and sticking his fingers in his ears is your idea of a fantastic interview – it completely passes him by that we surrendered on Saturday morning and HE’S STILL talking about a top **** spot – utter ****
mad
Nice pic , somewhat incomplete without his partner in crime the little baldy Scottish fella Gilzean They mugged our defence a few times in my pre adolescence years , I can tell you ! Hope you get to talk to big Mart

Mornin' Ivan,

Met the great man - lovely bloke!

My commiserations regarding last night. Same thing happened to us last season – but I think that was deliberate on ‘Arry’s part as it was in our interests to concentrate on the League. After your 3 in 6 the other week, perhaps coming out of UEFA last night’s probably a blessing.

I
OP Offline
I
Result there Radler lad! Well done . What questions did you ask him ? Talking of results , both our teams won in "Dat der Lundun " this weekend . So you find yourselves back in CL place My finger and toes nails have gone , The 'Ammers battered us , it was like the Siege of Mafeking but at the end of the day "Walton White Sox ,trois points" as they say in the Eurovision Song Contest and that's all that matters laugh

Alwight guv! I’m re-re-re-re-re-reading The Glory Game and asked him what he thought of it – he said it was a superb book but at least 70% of it was never printed for legal reasons!

Yeah the ‘Ammers gave it some, but you must have been impressed by Saha.

Page 24 of 125 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.