Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 125 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 124 125
Gertcha!*

4th Round Draw! BRING IT ON TOFFEE!!!!!!! laugh

*Chas n Dave split this week frown

I
OP Offline
I
Dastardly Ozzie pantomine villain Cadel Evans was crowned World Cycling Champion in Mendrisio , Switzerland earlier today
You got mail Radler

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
Dastardly Ozzie pantomine villain Cadel Evans was crowned World Cycling Champion in Mendrisio , Switzerland earlier today
You got mail Radler
NO! OH NO HE'S NOT! booooooooooooo! hisssssss! laugh

Cheers Ivan - will have a look tonight

I
OP Offline
I
Gazza as befits a retro futurist , a retro bike race ! again in Colnago country near Piacenza 11 Oct I ěd like to do it on my late 70's Bianchi (covered T Rex and Sparks stickers) but can't find tubeless tyres anywhere It'll have to be the steel Legnano I'm not risking La Scott Over 30 of the 104 k are on "strade bianche partially unsurfaced roads)my own "Paris/Roubaix Stars in their Eyes" experience basically
Enjoy the youtube vid when you can
I've also got a retro (original) Peugot woollen jersey Think I'll stick to lycra , I value my skin too much ! smile
http://www.granfondoepica.it/

Hiya Ivan!

Apologies for not getting back to your message last night – a total lack of anything edible meant we had to do some serious ‘late night shopping’ last night! Tesco-a-go-go.

Good luck fella! But I’d lose the elephant if I were you – I think he’ll hold you back somewhat. wink

Late 70's Bianchi!???? Blimey! I wasn’t even allowed a Chopper! It was the Raleigh Grifter for me! And years later a Raleigh Grifter XL – state of the art xmas 1982, but weighed a ton – not good when all your mates are on their light-weight BMXs! Tried doing some stunts on the XL once – but then I like hospital food.

Right, I’m off to watch the footage - laters

I
OP Offline
I
Radler lad , I'ver misled both you and myself When I was a kid I had to make do with second hand pushbikes I got my first racer from Halfords when I was 17 Cheap as chips !
I bought my first Bianchi over here in 1990 Basically I had to go to a factory four miles out My boss said he'd reimburse petrol/busfare I struck a deal I got myself the Bianchi Me and her have ben everywhere Western Alps and Dolomites It appears she dates from 84 not 79 I thought she was 11 years old but no ...-
See for yourself

http://www.raydobbins.com/ebay/bike-bianchi/bike-bianchi.htm

I
OP Offline
I
Morning Radler mste Received your mail Ta I'll reply here as you're more likely to see it Sorry to hear you're not 100 per cent up and running Get well soon I need my trusty gregario in the Metamatic peloton for next season !
Regarding your anecdote regarding the dreaded"Y" word I was taken aback As I said most Cockerels wondering onto our site have it as part of their user name ! To quote prototype Mockneyman and Damiam Albarn's faux Dad Joe Brown "It's a Crazee Wurld we're living in "
It's L'Epica on Sunday near Piacenza DEffo Legnano steel frame I don't want to wreck La Scott. Still undecided as whether to wear my woolen Renault 70's jersey original rather than retro Just got 40k early morning hill climbing in off to work I'll mail you Sunday evening probably Wish me well !

Hiya Ivan – don’t get me wrong; I have no issue with the word – originally used against us as an insult, it was thrown back at the opposition and shouted loud and proud as a verbal badge of loyalty to our heritage, and is still chanted on the terraces. The opposition to its use has only started in the last few years, probably by the new white-collar Woolwich Wanderers who object to anything being sung anywhere at anytime at all (Their new stadium is referred to by all of London as ‘The Library’). Modern living eh?

Good luck fella for Sunday!

I
OP Offline
I
Morning Radler Just seen your e mail reply Thanks ! I've managed to submit the article If it's not accepted I'll send you the text version
Like I said in my e mail to you L'Epica was truly wonderful and life afferming
Work calls Laters !
How old is your rusting Scott btw ? They had a category for vintage bikes (pre 1980 external gear levers for the racers )

Afternoon Ivan – to be honest I’ve no idea. I bought the Scott off a mate about 10 years ago and it’s been languishing in Sheffield for the last 5 years so I’ve no idea! It was brand new though in ’99 – that’s all I can tell you.

Page 22 of 125 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.