Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 125 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 124 125
Nevermind Ivan – 16th’s OK!

I’d worry about Bill’s captaincy – let’s just say he has a tendency to drift and has been caught out on getting holy crosses across…

Rufus Wainwright? Attack? Mind you, the less said about Sylvian’s style of attack the better;

Sylvian - “These days I’m into improvising mostly”

Mark E Smith - “NOW LISSEN ‘ERE YOU! LOOK AT THE BLEEDIN’ BOARD! WE HAVE WHAT IS CALLED A STRATEGY!”

Sylvian – “Satre once said…”

Smith – “YEW N YER LA-DI-DA FOREIGN PLAYERS! NAFFIN WELL SIT DOWN AND LOOK AT THE BLEEDIN’ BOARD! …Who wants a can of Tennants?”

Hooky – “Yeah!”

T’ra!

I
OP Offline
I
Mark E Smith The Mancunian José Mourinho !

I forgot my management team Being a continental ponce , no tracksuit manager for me but rather ....
Director of Football Nick Cave He could outmiserable your mate Arsin' Whinger
Assistant Coach Russell Mael
CEO Ron Mael
Physiotherapist (A break with tradition here) Sarah Cracknell !!
Like the Toffees my women's team would probably be stronger featuring amongst others P J Harvey . Kate and Anna McGarrigle , Yasmin Levy . Monserrat Caballé in goal for obvious reasons ! Agnetha and Frida from Abba Karen Carpenter and Sinead O'Conor

I
OP Offline
I
Yo The Radler ! I see you're back I expect an e mail with a blow by blow report re Noo York
The Vuelta looks as if it's going Alejandro Valverde's way My illustrious namesake in 4th place but 1 min 28 is a tall order with only three stages left
Here's a video of yesterday's developments Word to the wise click on "Saltar publicidad"

http://www.rtve.es/deportes/20090916/espectacular-victoria-roux/292697.shtml

Cheers for that Ivan – will have a look at home (work PC ain’t cuttin’ it)

I see your lot did OK last night!

I
OP Offline
I
Van the Man now up to third so at least he should get on the podium . Thanks for The Guardian article. Good performance , but scant consolation for our horrendous League form

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
Van the Man now up to third so at least he should get on the podium . Thanks for The Guardian article. Good performance , but scant consolation for our horrendous League form
A reversal of fortunes for our teams eh? Bah! I believe my teams performance can best be described as Ballacks.

At least you and Membs will be pleased! frown

I
OP Offline
I
Awight Gaz
Can't stop The trouble and strife wants me to go dahn the sceptic tank in the jam jar *
Seriously got loads on , see my recent "What are you listening to post " contribution
Don't worry your season will get back on track Manyoo and Chelski in succession bad luck indeed
Van the Man finished fourth The dastardly Ozzie Cadel Evans did him out of a podium place Never minfd
Quite pleasing performance from my Toffee Boys yesterday Now we must play "Phil Brown's " Hull City mid week

*Being a Scaaarse Git I learnt Mockney from Alf Garnett and "Till Death Us Do Part" smile

Calm down la!

Calm down la!

Your Mock-er-ney's very authentic! wink You should be in Eastenders…because that’s really authentic too… laugh

We’ve got Preston tomorrow. I’m hoping for goal fest of sorts to make up for the last two weeks of misery.

Cadel Evans…he’ll make a great pantomime villain one day.

I lern't Scouwse ar lad through a evening course orgainsed by the redundant cast of The Liver Birds (I! HATE! NERYS! HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHES! wink )

I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Calm down la!

Calm down la!

Your Mock-er-ney's very authentic! wink You should be in Eastenders…because that’s really authentic too… laugh

We’ve got Preston tomorrow. I’m hoping for goal fest of sorts to make up for the last two weeks of misery.

Cadel Evans…he’ll make a great pantomime villain one day.

I lern't Scouwse ar lad through a evening course orgainsed by the redundant cast of The Liver Birds (I! HATE! NERYS! HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHES! wink )
Arf ! Custy Laar Custy !!
I like the sublimal Half Man Half Biscuit reference there Nerys Hughes was/is a gog** from Rhyl North Wales, whilst the one who played Sandra supposedly from my native Bootle is a Trotter like Den they obviously didn't trust scousers to play scousers ! By the same logic , I suppose the Eastenders cast hail from Hampshire and Somerset
In other news ; the little one's party went well yesterday Mendrisio 2009 Touch and Go* must get round the missus for Sunday
when you get time mate send me a mail about your transatlantic adventures
Hope to do the Marengo Half Marathon on 18/10 Won't be passively weed -addled out by felt boot wearing Jethro Tull fans this year !!
*sneaky JF reference on Metamatic of all places !
Did you get to run around Central Park btw ?
** what English speaking South Walians call their Welsh speaking Northern counterparts I worked in the Rhonnda Valley for 3 months in the late 80's "So Dai Scouse Bach you're from near Gogland then , there's nice !" ( they exclaimed upon hearing my accent It took me a while to work it out. Gogledd means North in Welsh apparently .
Take it easy on those poor Lancastrians tomorrow smile

To be honest, I’ve never watched Eastenders, but on the bits the TV does settle on between channel-flicking – most of the actors seem to be from the Oxbridge branch of the RSC whilst the real ‘Lahndunerz’ seem to have been asked by Auntie Beeb to ‘up the twang’ – giving everything a dusting of Beeb-Land. The upshot of this is that the entire cast would make Dick Van Dyke turn his head in shame. The racial ratio is a bit odd as well as most of the cast appears to be white and middle-class – if the Beeb took a bus through the East-End of London they’d realise that that isn’t the case – it’s a lot more colourful and vibrant than that. Mind you, it is just a TV show, and it is the BBC – logic and reality rarely survive its rules.

Transatlantic adventures – sadly not much to tell on this trip! We wuz robbed! We were ill for almost the entire duration and we’re still not good now. We were on the US equivalent of Day/Night Nurse for most of the trip sadly, and everything feels like a blur – neither of us can remember much of the week, which is a bit scary! I think we were much more ill than either of us realised, but neither wanted to capitulate to the illness because we were in New York! Consequently we went out and about as much as we could – which of course didn’t make us better! The missus is on a course of anti-biotics for the next two weeks. We’ll just have to go again!

Good luck with the Half Marathon! There was no ‘Marathon Man’-ing around Central Park on this trip – maybe the next one.

Let us know if you get along to Mendrisio 09 – I accessed the English link to the site – but it’s all in Italian!

Page 21 of 125 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.