Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 125 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 124 125
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Hiya Ivan,

Snake Pass!!? Are you insane!? I used to travel between Manchester and Sheffield a lot on the coach via Snake Pass –
hey! I know that one...
"We gaze upon the face of the Apollo
We know that we approach our journey's end...
come and join us!"

...our Phil should be next Poet Laureate

Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
and a cyber-cheers for that

life goes on...

"It's these numbing, horrible moments in life that remind us we're alive"

Well, that's what someone told me when we lost 7-1 to the Barcodes in '96 - I almost tw@tted him

Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
[b] Hiya Ivan,

Snake Pass!!? Are you insane!? I used to travel between Manchester and Sheffield a lot on the coach via Snake Pass –
hey! I know that one...
"We gaze upon the face of the Apollo
We know that we approach our journey's end...
come and join us!"

...our Phil should be next Poet Laureate [/b]
Is that on Secrets? I've not listened to that album for years!

I
OP Offline
I
Radler Re the mortar board It's only for brainy fookers like myself , hence I didn't invite you or Membs smile Seriously mate it's one of the few sporting events organised by the local University Lazy skiving student types don't have to pay * , whilst hard working tax payers like myself have to ! mad
Sorry to hear you've never cycled "T'Snerk" a truly life affirming experience I didn't realise it was so dangerous Have you done anything of note in the Derbyshire/S Yorks area ? I'd love to do Holmfirth Moss (Last of The Summer wine country ?)
Re Away Days I'm no fan of Sampson I'm sure the film will work better Anyway if the invite to Chateau Radler is still valid we can talk about this over a glass of Perrier Water at the end of the month (Don't worry I've got a mate in Streatham if you're off to the Field of Dreams )
*Conveniently forgets about the tax payer supporting me for 4 years
Addendum .That graffiti as you come into Limey I'd forgotten about that That mythical Golden Age when people were just faux hoolies rather than Smackheads !!

Membs You didn't seem to get the rub of the green last night I had a lot of respect for Vialli's Chelsea whilst I can't feel any pity for any team which contains both Terry and Cole To quote your irate erudite Ivorian forward they are both a "F++king disgrace " both on and off the pitch SO last night I call karma ,plus I like the Catalans Chin up Membs only 23 days to go and "The good will out" As I mentioned I've got my flights in place , but tickets are very thin on the ground I think I'll go to London anyway

Aha! That makes sense – I thought it was some keeerazee Italian tradition or summat. Sadly I’ve never done any cycling in South Yorks – which is an absolute crime thinking about it! Re – sofasurfin – will let you know soon

I
OP Offline
I
Holà Radlerito !! (Hang on wrong language , La Vuelta a Espana doesn't start till September) but the tomorrow there's a footy match and a bike race starting which we might have more than a cursory interest in (The foam hands and the "V"s for the Texan have been unwrapped and brought out of the attic ! I've been listening to Joni Mitchell so no cyber hoolie behaviour from me , she exhorted me to " embrace your fellow Spud , share a joint and ride on the Marrakesh Express maaan " *unfurls massive Blue and White scarf with the The Watch Tower at one end and Cockerel at the other *

Just seen this , Amnesty International are on 'Appy 'Arry's case after reading it Frau Radler even gets a mention towards the end !
http://everton.rivals.net/News/pgArticle.aspx?artid=12998_5297621&id=33
Much to my chagrin I can't work out who's in the first picture As it's the sixties I'll go for Roy Vernon and Danny Blanchflower Correct me if I'm wrong
Have you asser ...ascer .assa *, bugger , found out which Den songs are in the cinematic version of "Away Days" ? I seem to remember "Young Savage" and "Just for a Moment" being in the frame
*Sorry the spelling of ascertained is beyond me smile
You got mail btw

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:

Membs You didn't seem to get the rub of the green last night I had a lot of respect for Vialli's Chelsea whilst I can't feel any pity for any team which contains both Terry and Cole To quote your irate erudite Ivorian forward they are both a "F++king disgrace " both on and off the pitch SO last night I call karma ,plus I like the Catalans Chin up Membs only 23 days to go and "The good will out" As I mentioned I've got my flights in place , but tickets are very thin on the ground I think I'll go to London anyway
No, no, no. WRONG! I don't think I made myself clear, so let me repeat it for you:

WE WUZ ROBBED!

And ne'er shall a Spaniard, let least a Catellan, set foot upon my threshold!
..well, if Penelope Cruz happened to pop in for a sangria....might make an exception.

" Manuel! "

I
OP Offline
I
Buenas Dias Senor Membs ! (Ivan ,he kindly let me use his username while he speak to touts on other site)
In Espain we say "Futbol she is a fanny old game " We make one shot , he go in onion bag and the whole Catalan nation is over the moon (Espanol fans apart) you Chelsea you are seek like how you say those birds that talk ? Ostrich yes ?(I learn English from 'Arry Redknapp)
Ivan , he and his friends they are taxidermist no ? he say "We will stuff Chelsea at Wembley " In Espain we make only this with animals they make with John Terry Is good no ? smile
I make you best wishes for second place in La Liga Ingles or what is it called now Sky Top4 and also rans Championship ?
While I am here I wish Ivan much luck in La Vuelta a Italia and on 30th May He win Vuelta that day and his team win Copa Ingles !!
Besos
Manuel (Waiter Fawlty Towers )

( :rolleyes: emits Basil Fawlty-like sigh..)
"Never mind Manuel just take the cases up to their rooms please....the cases, Manuel ....THE CASES! LAS MALETAS!!" mad

Hiya Ivan,

Spooky! I listened to Ladies of the Canyon last night. Joni told me to build a Parking Lot of Lurve or summat and get in a big yellow taxi to NYC – I may of misheard her though

Re – the article; overall that was a fair piece. Regarding our finances – we’re one of the few London clubs that’s in the black, also helped by the fact that we own the land of WHL and immediate surrounds too – many clubs such as the Woolwich Wanderers don’t have such luxuries.

“Spurs are a prime example then, of what happens when you a) keep changing managers and giving each one money to spend, and b) buy players to "make up the numbers."

That’s a fair point – but we are having a super soaraway clearout this summer. Our whole transfer/signing/academy policy is being completely napalmed (just like the Director of Football position was when ‘Arry arrived). This is good, otherwise we’ll end up like the Barcodes who, believe it or not, have a 40-strong squad. Yes, 40! And most of them, like most of ours are ‘surplus to requirements’. I hope we stick with ‘Arry for some time. The ticker-tape that precedes the arrival of every new manager and the Carlos Kickaball’s has been replaced with some common sense (in parts). Thankfully we no longer talk of ‘5 year plans’ but there’s still a few who say ‘Champions League next season’. ‘Arry needs at least a season to get a decent squad together.

As an aside, (and just to give you a small view inside the head of your average Spurs supporter) the article also mentions Darren Bent. Bent is our top goal scorer – 17 this season. But none of us like him. He’s just not a Tottenham player. He’s got no artistry, skill, élan…no ‘silky skills’. If David Moyes wants him, frankly – he can have him. Which is a stupid thing to say I know when the guy is knocking them in for us. But he’s just not a Tottenham player.

According to Amazon, Ultravox! feature 3 times; Young Savage, Slow Motion and Just For A Moment

Will check mail tonight

PS - the banter between you and Membs has had me laughing this morning! Cheers! laugh

Page 17 of 125 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.