Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 125 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 124 125
Hi Ivan!

The work/life ratio has been extremely unfavourable of late but as the very Rev. Lou Reed once said, I'm beginning to see the light. In brief – EVERYTHING is over for us bar the chance of survival.

La Levy – I’ll be honest, it wasn’t my cup of tea – but the missus liked it and hijacked it and played it and now I’ve warmed to it too! No idea what she’s singing about but it just doesn’t matter – you can feel what she’s singing about. Many thanks! Which reminds me – you have mail!

Armstrong v Kimmage – yeah that was on SSN and in every newspaper when it kicked off – almost spat out my cornflakes when it happened – did Kimmage really say that about cancer? I notice Armstrong’s reply was cool and well constructed – so did a lot of other people – does Armstrong have a Spin Doctor as well as his other doctors? I know what Kimmage is trying to do and kudos for trying to do it, but did he have to use THAT word?

I
OP Offline
I
Welcome back Radler my trusty domestique Velomatic Reunited** at last ! I've missed you
* A misty- eyed Ivan gives Radio Beach a manly hug as Oprah Winfrey looks on self -satisfied into the camera and Peaches and Herb's ghastly mid 70 eponymous chart topper plays in the background*
I knew you were innocent Those bags of blood the anti- doping squad found in your flat were just there for decorative purposes smile They always think the worse of people !!
Mail's been read Many thanks indeed

PS Very perspicacious (sp ?) re Lance there Garry lad

Missed you too Ivan! Mwah (left cheek) mwah (right) laugh

Yeah an I’d of gotten away with it too if it hadn’t a bin fer those pesky Agence Française de Lutte contre le Dopage kids!

Good result for you yesterday! Congratulations!

Gazza

I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Missed you too Ivan! Mwah (left cheek) mwah (right) laugh

Yeah an I’d of gotten away with it too if it hadn’t a bin fer those pesky Agence Française de Lutte contre le Dopage kids!

Good result for you yesterday! Congratulations!

Gazza
ARF !!At the risk of turning THe Green Room into a chat room I've sent you a mail inm which I outline my travel plans I'll be at Goodison on Saturday to see as people call them over her "Sir Stanley Matthew's* Stoke Seety" I won't be going to Wembley I'm afraid Brown cords came in handy yesterday !! Thanks for the congratulations Tell me what you think about the 6k thing
Right I need a rest Get the Metamatic peleton sorted Radler
*Nonchalantly waves fingers for Radio Beach to take a stint at the front*

*Last decent player they had !

Heh! Will check my mail tonight.

*Yep! smile

I
OP Offline
I
Still there Radler ? Quick in and out for me The gear's arrived Nice surprise when a sleep deprived and emotional Ivan got back from Goodison yesterday Danke schoen Liebling !!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
Still there Radler ? Quick in and out for me The gear's arrived Nice surprise when a sleep deprived and emotional Ivan got back from Goodison yesterday Danke schoen Liebling !!
Danke Schoen to yer goodself too! Glad they got there safe - more to follow. Get some rest - will pm you later! Since I know the result, I hope you had a good time bak 'ome! smile

I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
[b] Still there Radler ? Quick in and out for me The gear's arrived Nice surprise when a sleep deprived and emotional Ivan got back from Goodison yesterday Danke schoen Liebling !!
Danke Schoen to yer goodself too! Glad they got there safe - more to follow. Get some rest - will pm you later! Since I know the result, I hope you had a good time bak 'ome! smile [/b]
Slept 11 hours solid last night 8 pm to 7 pm first time in over 20 years I feel a lot better but I'm still a bit drowsy I thought for a minute you were after a ZZ Top T shirt up there when I logged on !! I e- mailed you yesterday Great weekend Goodison Park and Cavern . Life don't get much better Just seen your result well done and thanks When you get to our place the pressure should be off you and on us for fourth place So you and 'Arry don't go pissing on our chips please smile
I hope le maillot jaunet fits OK I know you don't get out on the bike much now , but those back pockets are handy for water canisters when you go running I hope you're still managing to gets the k's in

Ahhhhhh - le Maillot Jaune fits perfectly...as long as I stay away from the Guinness and get those extra k's in! laugh Many thanks!

Great result for us - quite honestly, every Spurs supporter I know was wondering before the match started just how much we were going to lose by (the consensus was 2-1). Gobsmacked that that was the very result which won us the game! It's Chelsea next though, so very probably we'll be back to reality.

Still, we're up to 11th and within four points of seventh place, which could be enough to secure European football next season (but I'm far to cynical to think that'll happen!) don't think we'll be christening yer chips just yet! laugh

I
OP Offline
I
Giro Winner 2009 giving Neu ! and La Dusseldorf an enthusiastic double thumbs up here like Paul McCartney at his weed addled best- Or as we both might say in our local patois "Fookhhhin' well custy laaar " Sterling work Radler , my trusty gregario!!Thanks for putting me onto them
Is that the Fortuna Dusseldorf crew at the end of track one per chance ? Or is it the Borussia Moechengladbach away section " "Es gibt nur einen Gunter Netzer !" * smile
100th Milano San Remo coming our way on Saturday Like that wizened arl boot Stevie Nicks "I can't wait , I can't wait"
*To the tune of "Juantamanera (sp) Uber classy German midfielder I was fortunate enough to witness at Goodison early 70's in the European Cup

Page 14 of 125 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.