Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 125 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 124 125
Ha! Ha! Ha! Have you ever heard Peter Wyngarde’s solo album? OH. MY. GOD. THE HORROR. THE HORROR. Apparently vinyl originals go for £500+ on EBay – some people have too much money, easily one of the worst albums I’ve ever heard. I recently read J.G. Ballard’s autobiography Miracles of Life – he and Wyngarde (or Cyril Goldbert to his mum) were in the same Japanese POW camp as teenagers!

As our ‘Arry would say – “BLIMEY!”

I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Ha! Ha! Ha! Have you ever heard Peter Wyngarde’s solo album? OH. MY. GOD. THE HORROR. THE HORROR. Apparently vinyl originals go for £500+ on EBay – some people have too much money, easily one of the worst albums I’ve ever heard. I recently read J.G. Ballard’s autobiography Miracles of Life – he and Wyngarde (or Cyril Goldbert to his mum) were in the same Japanese POW camp as teenagers!

As our ‘Arry would say – “BLIMEY!”
500 nicker Good lord I could replace the Toffees midfield with that I'm totally sober , but I'm having visions of 'Arry in a Small Faces tribute band ,doing the Steve Marriot role "Gor blimey ,Mrs Colbert , how's your Cyril's* dodgy barnet ?"

Not Knowles obviously .

I
OP Offline
I
Evening Rads if you're about
No one was more surprised and delighted than me Losing the Yak for the rest of the season was too heavy a price for those three points
In the post match Euphoria I went out and bought HEIMAT 2 reduced from 78 to 35 euro i can now relive the adventures of Hermann in German with Italian subtitles A cheapo CD by George Brassens and a film about the life Gino Bartali Coppi's great rival
Enjoy the photie The first Team Metamatic late 50's

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/races07/giro07/coppi-bartali450.jpg

Hi Ivan – I knew we were gonna lose – just knew it, I think I said as much in the week. That was bad news about Yakubu though (- and my fantasy football team!)

Heimat 2 – My missus used to watch that as a kid, I’ve been meaning to get the various parts for years but never got round to it, which reminds me – I need to pick up Dekalog as well.

I got a really good DVD free with one of the TDF magazines in the summer - 'TDF Legends' all about Merckx, Coppi, Anquetil etc. Cheers for the photo – here’s an all time classic pic; just makes me smile everytime I see it http://static.photo.net/attachments/bboard/00L/00LWh5-36998884.jpg

I
OP Offline
I
Morning Radler
At time of writing the butler still hasn't arrived I shall update this post should the situation change Thanks for your pic too , cyclists and ciggies I can't get my head round that one
Is Frau Radler German per chance ? (or did she catch Heimat back in Blighty ? )
The Bartali story was truly ace , his rivalry/friendship with Coppi (both in my pic)
Apart from cycling , important historical and politic moments are brought to life and some moving scenes too There was a lot of dust about chez Ivan as I watched it
Bartali comes across the Lance Armstrong it's ok to like whilst Coppi comes across as cycling's first rock star looking like a cross between Bryan Ferry,s and Vic Goddard's of the Subway Sect love child with his brylcreemed barnet and his poseur sun specs! (I'll probably do a full write up for wsag at some stage)
I'd send you a copy over but the daft gits haven't added any subtitles It's exclusively in Italian !!

I
OP Offline
I
Evening Radler ! Just got back from best mate's 50th in Venice (long weekend over here ) to find that butler you recommended waiting Many thanks .

Sorry for chipping in, meine liebe Herren, but Heimat must be watched / heard in German..otherwise we can only class it as a 'bad cover version'.

Part 'zwei' is however nowhere near as good as eins..apart from the bit about him dabbling in experimental music (was that in 1 or 2?)..krautrock starts hier!

Here's the whole darn saga in six and a half minutes..
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=ff11q5_mlE0

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
Evening Radler ! Just got back from best mate's 50th in Venice (long weekend over here ) to find that butler you recommended waiting Many thanks .
Hurrah! Glad he got there in the end - Dumb Waiters eh? Can't trust 'em wink will PM you this week (no, really, honest guv…stop laughing!)

Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Sorry for chipping in, meine liebe Herren, but Heimat must be watched / heard in German..otherwise we can only class it as a 'bad cover version'.

Part 'zwei' is however nowhere near as good as eins..apart from the bit about him dabbling in experimental music (was that in 1 or 2?)..krautrock starts hier!

Here's the whole darn saga in six and a half minutes..
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=ff11q5_mlE0
My missus is a Sheffield lass so only saw the UK version of Heimat – despite many trips to Germany, I don’t think ‘Zwei schwartzbier bitte’ will help with the original issues so we’ll have to watch with dubbing/subtitles if we get round to getting it (where did Heimat get up to? Vol.1,1768? I’ve no idea)

I
OP Offline
I
Membs Du hast rechts mein lieber Mitglied aber hier bei "uns" , wie du weisst , muss alles verdoppelt werden !! mad mad
Btw Thought of you yesterday as our Eurostar sped thru Ferrara
Rads Once again thanks are you Up and "Running " btw ?

I remember seeing Heimat during the dark winter days of 1985/86 on a small B&W set strictly in lingua originale with subtitles on BBC2!

Ivan - you shoulda stuck your head out of the window and yelled 'Underpass' while approaching the sottopassaggio ...(or vice versa).

Page 12 of 125 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.