Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 125 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 124 125
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
Watching Tottenham must have taken pounds off you in nervous tension and frustration The not so mighty Blues have made me skeletal this season mad
Count yerself lucky! Words fail me right now Ivan.

You gotta hand it to The Sun newspaper though - here's their headline after yesterday's game;

London 0
Hull 4

I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
[b] Watching Tottenham must have taken pounds off you in nervous tension and frustration The not so mighty Blues have made me skeletal this season mad
Count yerself lucky! Words fail me right now Ivan.

You gotta hand it to The Sun newspaper though - here's their headline after yesterday's game;

London 0
Hull 4 [/b]
Those pesky Housemartins !!

Well Radler See you at GP in May I thought any meetings would be in order to acclimatize to the rarified air of Mont Ventoux rather than that of the Championship Unfortunately , I can't see any end to it for either of us Frightening !!
I suppose we could alter our usernames to "Northern Loser" and "Southern Loser" respectively
Oùn a brighter note , check your mail when you get home re Ventoux/Etape /Granfondo

Busy today Like John back in 79 "I can't stay long "

Hi Ivan,

Apologies for not seeing this sooner - will check my mail tonight!

BTW - Perhaps Dennis Leigh isn't a Trotters man after all! wink

Gazza

I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Hi Ivan,

Apologies for not seeing this sooner - will check my mail tonight!

BTW - Perhaps Dennis Leigh isn't a Trotters man after all! wink

Gazza
Is there no end to the man's talent Musician , writer author and classy lower division full back !
I've been off line for 2 days myself
I went to see Jethro Tull shocked shocked shocked last Saturday Here's the article Being ten years younger than me you might have to ask your Dad , hip uncle or some such about the musical references !!
http://everton.rivals.net/News/pgArticle.aspx?artid=12998_4373251&id=33

"I never knew you were into the history of agricultural implements," I said to Franco.
"No , you 'stupido Inglese,'" he replied. "It's a reunion of 70's progressive rock giants!"

And

He looked liked the typical meths-drinker who hung out in the park. In his early twenties he could have passed for sixty at best.

Ha! Ha! Ha! Brilliant! Vintage Ivan ! laugh I felt like I was there…me and Magnus Pyke laugh

I can honestly say that to my knowledge I’ve never heard Jethro Tull. I vaguely remember seeing a TV clip from OGWT but the sound was turned down. That was many years ago though when The Sisters of Mercy were ruining my bank balance and health (mostly my health) so it probably didn’t ‘penetrate the ivory dome’ (c 1935 Robert Donat). It all looks a bit ‘hey nonny-nonny’ but since I have a fondness these days for Fairport Convention, who also looked a bit ‘hey nonny-nonny’ to me for many years – do you have any pointers regardin ‘ver Tull’?

Gazza

PS - Must ask Dennis if he's prepared to fill in down The Lane - could do with a Midfield General (...mind you, we could do with a midfield...and a defence...and some strikers...)

Jethro Tull thread required here... laugh

I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
"I never knew you were into the history of agricultural implements," I said to Franco.
"No , you 'stupido Inglese,'" he replied. "It's a reunion of 70's progressive rock giants!"

And

He looked liked the typical meths-drinker who hung out in the park. In his early twenties he could have passed for sixty at best.

Ha! Ha! Ha! Brilliant! Vintage Ivan ! laugh I felt like I was there…me and Magnus Pyke laugh

I can honestly say that to my knowledge I’ve never heard Jethro Tull. I vaguely remember seeing a TV clip from OGWT but the sound was turned down. That was many years ago though when The Sisters of Mercy were ruining my bank balance and health (mostly my health) so it probably didn’t ‘penetrate the ivory dome’ (c 1935 Robert Donat). It all looks a bit ‘hey nonny-nonny’ but since I have a fondness these days for Fairport Convention, who also looked a bit ‘hey nonny-nonny’ to me for many years – do you have any pointers regardin ‘ver Tull’?

Gazza

PS - Must ask Dennis if he's prepared to fill in down The Lane - could do with a Midfield General (...mind you, we could do with a midfield...and a defence...and some strikers...)
Morning Gazza Chin up ! Confession time , guess who my favourite team are over here You played them last night My first job over here was in Udine, and I think I went to about 7 games If it's any consolation mate , you could do a Zenith and win the thing We tonked them one nil at Goodison Thanks to us making the effort to beat AZ Alkmaar when we'd already qualified they scraped through in third place , then look what happened . At least you've got another 3 games to put it right If you're making a bid for Denis in defence, I think we should have Stephen Malander of The Cabs in goal , couldn't be any worse then bleedin' Howard
I've dug out an article about our European campaign If there was a musical accompaniment , it would be the horrendous "Johnny hates Jazz (so does Ivan) and "Shattered Dreams "
I don't know why it ended up as property of the Bury site I'm off to see my lawyer !

http://bury.rivals.net/News/pgArticle.aspx?artid=12998_3200737&id=33

Cheers Ivan,

Last night was always going to go the way it did, it was just a question of ‘how’ and ‘when’, (not that anyone in the bar watching with me was asking those questions so resigned were we to our fate).

If there was a musical accompaniment to last night it would have been all four sides of Metal Machine Music with the locked groove of side four left running until the fat lady sings.

Thanks for the article – essential reading as always. Glad you and your mate got out OK, and in those times and the Serie climate – that must have been luck!

Gazza

I
OP Offline
I
This will cheer you up Radler lad

http://www.sportingtours.co.uk/index.html?letour/etape.html~main

sorry no English on this one but only 25 euro entry !!!

http://www.kappamarathon.it/index.php?module=Pagesetter&func=viewpub&tid=2&pid=26

mediofondo course

http://www.kappamarathon.it/images/mediofondoCOL08.jpg

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
[QB] This will cheer you up Radler lad

http://www.sportingtours.co.uk/index.html?letour/etape.html~main

Nice! cool Really like the look of that!

Page 10 of 125 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.