Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 125 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 124 125
I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by mongrel:
Well done - am impressed. Planning to do an etape myself next year. Can I join Velo Metamatic? Managed just 61k and a big climb yesterday on a brand new machine.

kudos

mongrel
Thanks !You most definitely can join Velo Metamatic !!! What machine do you ride ? I'm been a Bianchi man for most of my life but have just changed to Scott .
Where do you do your riding ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
Morning Rads from a tired and emotional Ivan
Good news I won't be having change my user name to "Lager Drinker " I got round the mediofondo (125 k )course in 5 58 yesterday Some horribly steep climbs . I lost about 25 mins when I got a puncture about 40 k in Non of my domestiques were willing to help me change the inner tube so I've sacked them all ! 10 minutes to change it then I went back to the bottom of the climb as I'd lost my initial momentum

Anyway I've spoken to the big man He excepts you to be there as part of "Velo Metamatic " team next year He'll be designing the team jersey "I can do thee a retro 60's one with them reet fancy fractals " Get training Radler !
Morning Ivan,

Blimey Guv! That IS impressive! Congratulations!

Yeah he mentioned the jersey - something about being 'grey from a distance, but when you get closer you can see millions of sponsors logos on it' wink

Ivan

Well as it turns out the new bike is a Bianchi - a Via Nirone Ultegra. Yum. It climbs like a little mountain goat.

I have a Kraftwerk jersey - but a Foxx Velomatic shirt would be a dream.

Lets do an etape next July....

mongrel

I
OP Offline
I
Good timing !!
As f0r the etape name your Col and don't say Kirsty Mc (crafty music/cycling cross reference)
Aluminium frame /carbon forks like mine ?

Yesterday's course

http://www.granfondocolnago.com/immagini_2008/bigMedio_Fondo_course_2.gif

Tourmalet would be good if it crops up next tour. Ventoux also nice.

Mediofondo looks great, well done!

mongrel

I
OP Offline
I
OK I'm up for it I'd prefer the Alps to the Pyrenees for logistical reasons I can't remember whether this was in the Rads thread My account of the Milano /San Remo classic if you've seen it before apologies in advance
On this thread about six months ago I've just checked it out

http://everton.rivals.net/News/pgArticle.aspx?artid=12998_3378803&id=33

Yes, aluminium frame with carbon forks, stays, seatpost and stem. Ultegra groupset. Fantastic geometry for climbing, really nice. Wish I could afford all carbon, but hey.

Alps would be nice too. Anything really, always wanted to try an etape.

mongrel

Administrator
Administrator
Not my sport, or my thread even (though I do cycle to work and at every other opportunity to avoid being in the car) I've just enjoyed reading Ivan's article very much.

Nice piece of writing

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Not my sport, or my thread even (though I do cycle to work and at every other opportunity to avoid being in the car) I've just enjoyed reading Ivan's article very much.

Nice piece of writing
Cheers Martin
I bet you went/go to Carter Usm gigs clad in cycling jersey and cap tho , à la Jim Bob !!
Feel free to join the Velomatic peleton smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
...I've just enjoyed reading Ivan's article very much.

Nice piece of writing
Me too! Frequently informative and hilarious.

Page 8 of 125 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.