Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 125 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 124 125
Hiya Ivan!

New Bike? I’d check it first – make sure it wasn’t Augustyn’s from Stage 16! wink

The coverage over here is bad in places – they edited the Galibier to just 3 minutes yesterday! WTF!? mad

If you’ve got time whist on the lamb from the law, I’d recommend giving this a read;
http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/07/23/le_tour_lacks_passion_in_a_cou.html

I’ve still to hear other stuff (Liege and Lief for example) but I like what I’ve heard so far.

I
OP Offline
I
Cheers mate
My fellow Mickey Mouser Phil Liggett (Stylish dude , must be a Blue ) He was also my boyhood hero playing bass with Thin Lizzy So he feigned his death and came back, having done a Michael Jackson skin bleach job , as a Scouse cycling commentator. Talk about Renaissance man ! That's why they were never seen in the same room together !!!

Joking apart very good article Thanks
Wanna buy a Bianchi btw ?? Special price for footy cycling Foxxhead aficianado !!

PS Spectacular tumble that by Augustyn

Hi Ivan,

Well...I never really hated the reds before but I really do now! mad gutted! Can't really write anything else otherwise Rob would bar me from the Forum!

PS: Bianchi would love to, but I've already got a slightly rusting Scott!

I
OP Offline
I
Morning Radler mate
If you're upset . Spare a thought for us Well up Sheet Creek sans paddle and sans fat Executive officer
Neil Young and St Eitienne were wrong It isn't love that can break your heart it's footy !!
Anyway I hope this will give you solace for the loss of Keane
A great Swiss site feauring climbs Broken down into countries Ingerlund and Welsh Wales are considered different countries !!
Anyway Passo del Bocco
http://www.salite.ch/bocco.asp?mappa=http://www.viamichelin.fr/viamichelin/ita/dyn/controller/Cartes-plans?mapId=-te1wfs69j60y0o&dx=485&dy=330&empriseW=970&empriseH=661
and Bracco
http://www.salite.ch/10310.asp?mappa=htt...&emprise H=634

tyhe site is www.salite.ch
Try as I might I can't find the "Col de Plage de Radio "That fearsome climb up The Seven Sisters Road !!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
...Try as I might I can't find the "Col de Plage de Radio "That fearsome climb up The Seven Sisters Road !!
Heh! Cheers Ivan! What a great site! Others I can't find are L'Alpe D'Tufnell Park Road and Col de Ludgate Hill smile

Heard on SSN this morning about your stadium issues. You have my sympathy guv - we've been battling with the local council et al for over a decade now - some light at the end of the tunnel though.

I
OP Offline
I
Ola Radito ! we now go into cod Spanish in preparation for "La Vuelta a Espana" (also in honour of Sastre)Dem spanish lads done well didn't they Giro /Tour /wimmbledon/ European togger champs
Received your mail. Ta . Glad you like the site Hope you get the chance to do some of them in the future L'Alpe de Tufnell Park Road sounds a grim one that wink
Up in Liverpool 4 , our world is falling apart I can't get my head round it I'll have to listen to some Joy Division and Tindersticks to cheer myself up ! I hope we spend the money we've just got of Flum for that old crock Andy Johnson der -der- der- der (as the song goes)
As I asked last time any developments on the running front ?

Hi Ivan,

I'm back running again - nowhere near even 10k's yet but getting there. Have been walking to and from work as well (about 10-11 miles a day)come rain or shine...mostly rain!

I
OP Offline
I
I'm toying with the idea of doing this Radler
Depends on funds and time available
Off to the Dolomites for a week early doors Sunday Cycling (mountain bike , en famille) and practising my German I hope
Keep the Cycling Flag flying on Metamatic !!
Ivan

http://www.eddy-merckx-classic.com/
You keep on with the running and we'll form our own Metamatic team for next year in Turin
JF can design the logo on our vests wink

Stop press Saturday morning ; I had a look round the net last night found this Colnago classic same day as Eddie's a lot better from a logistics point of view and cheaper too ! An hour from here by train

http://www.granfondocolnago.com/en_home.html

I'll enter next week I'm undecided between medio and granfondo What say you Radler ?
I'll catch you when I'm back

Hi Ivan – I had to look The Colnago Granfondo up;

Reports in the Italian magazine Granfondo describe a tough event, with standards of organisation as one might expect in keeping with the reputation of this top marque. The route is an out and back loop from Piacenza (in the Emilia region, @40 miles south/east of Milan) south into the Appenine chain, so the 2,700 metres of climbing (this is hardly a gentle season-ending event!) is made up of climbs that are not long (by the standards of other events listed here), but having some very tough gradients.

You are quite clearly mad! laugh Good luck Sir!

And yeah – NO FOOTY TALK! laugh

I
OP Offline
I
Thanks for your moral support I have to live up to my illustrious username , so there's no turning back . All you have to do, is take your bleedin' radio down to the friggin' beach and annoy everyone! laugh

*changes username to "Lager Drinker"*

Page 6 of 125 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.