Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 125 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 124 125
Our carbon footprint will be huge this coming season with some (all? laugh ) of the UEFA Cup action. The big game for us is three games into the season; Chelsea - that's the test. If we can win that then I'm really optimistic about the season...that last bit sounded very Ron Manager, isn't it? Hmm?

I
OP Offline
I
Do you reckon you can get tickets for November ? If so , I'm up for it

Off the Sampdorialand tomorrow to see JF

Great idea! Remind me when the season starts - and I'll see if I can get us tickets! smile

I
OP Offline
I
Alright me old China Get them Chas n Dave records ready !!

Ever the subverise , not content with talking footy on here I've brought cross country skiing to WSAG with oblique musical reference to boot
WE've also had a few Foxx threads as well He was good in Genoa the other night on the pianoforte no less , accompanying a reading of "The Quiet Man

http://everton.rivals.net/News/pgArticle.aspx?artid=12998_3721410&id=33

PS Rumour Mill 8 mill Dazza Bent youse >>>> us What sayest thou Radler ?

Hi Ivan,

Many thanks for the article – I confess I knew nothing about skiiing at all, so my knowledge has greatly improved now. “Not for nothing was Ken Bates made an honorary Swiss citizen” – made me laugh out just a little too loudly in the office!

The missus has been going on about ‘doing skiing’ for a few years now – but we’ve never looked into it in any great detail – any recommendations on a good place to start?

Foxx did a similar Quiet Man event at Fulham Palace last year (yes, that’s right you read it correctly – Fulham does indeed have a ‘Palace’ – I honestly thought from the name of it, it was going to be a dis-used 50s cinema – très Foxx – but no it’s an actual…well..’Palace’ – medieval ‘n’ everyfink! Innit! I really do like this slow, graceful switch from the ‘car-crash-psychedelic-electro-punk’ to the ‘quiet-tiny-colour-oceans’ that he’s moving towards more and more.

Bentley – when the legendary lilywhite shirt of champions…well…ok…League Cup winners is on his back, I’ll believe. During the silly season the best way to look at things is to ask ‘Who haven’t we been linked with?’ If all these rumours were true, we’d have Podolski, Arshavin, Villa and Ronaldinho at the Lane next season! Having said that, the Bentley rumour does look realistic. I am getting tired of the Berbatov saga though – if I want smoke and mirrors I’ll go and watch The Sisters of Mercy.

I
OP Offline
I
Glad you liked it
If you've never done this skiing lark before maybe cross country would be a better one to do Ne Italy and Austria are excellent and good value for money so Innsbruck/Venice flight wise Failing that NW Italy Gran Paradiso (Geneva/Turin)Go off into the wild yonder with TCM on the ipod . You'd love it Is your e mail addy still the same ? I'll look into it and send you some info in due course
Morning off yesterday It was great to get back on the bike some stunning scenery
Glad you enjoyed The Quiet Man too Castles in West London mind boggling !!

Hi Ivan,

Cheers! Yes - email still the same

I
OP Offline
I
Gazza my e mail has gone down As Robert Plant might have said the name and surname remain the same maaaaan
just end it with hotmail.it
Send us your addy mate Ta

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
Gazza my e mail has gone down As Robert Plant might have said the name and surname remain the same maaaaan
just end it with hotmail.it
Send us your addy mate Ta
D'oh! laugh

I had my ibook stolen awhile back and no longer have your email address - e-mail Rob when you can and hopefully it'll get to me that way.

Rob - many apologies for this - I know you've got a lot on!

I
OP Offline
I
Hiya Gaz !!
Very fleeting appearance from me I'm now on the Interpol missing persons list along with Lord Lucan and Anthony Gardner !!
i didn't go to Cuneo to see TDF start As a penance I went up Passo del Bracco early doors and watched the Col D'agnello stage ont' Roger Melly
I am also now the proud owner of an ultralight Scott (as used by drug cheat Riccardo Ricco consistent aren't I ?)
Laters mate To use the words of the great man himself "I can't stay long

PS Congrats on Fairport Sandy Denny rocks maaan !!
Seriously tho , brilliant voice I got into her/Them thru Led Zep shocked

Page 5 of 125 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.