Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 27 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 26 27
Crash - JG Ballard

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
I've started reading again!

And I'm currently half way through John Christopher's [b]The Death of Grass

Yet another SF classic written in the 50s which seems all too close to reality today. [/b]
I have to agree. I love the old stuff.

Yep!

I'm also currently waiting for the postman to deliver:

Day of the Triffids - John Wyndham
When the Tripods Came - John Christopher

And in June, Arthur C Clarke's Childhood's End is being reprinted, so I'll get that one, on recommendation.

Q
Q
will re-read The Lotus Caves - John Christopher, when I can brave the everything that interests me always seems to be in the b****y attic-ladder laugh

Couldn't resist it:
Dennis Lehane: Shutter Island
Andrew Laeddis ... wink

Quote:
Originally posted by quietrumrunnerman:
will re-read The Lotus Caves - John Christopher
I remember reading that at school!

I
I
Just finished reading "BEHIND THE CURTAIN" given to me by that gentleman and scholar Mr R. Beach
An excellent read with some amazing insights and aperçus which perfectly capture the Zeitgeit and quintessence of football in what was lazily called the Soviet Bloc seperated from the rest of Europe by what famous dypsomaniac W Churchill called "The Iron Curtain . The scale of the skulduggery and shenighans which went on leaves the reader breathless
A great read indeed Many thanks Gazza

I Basso
: Guardian School of Journalism (failed)

Just started "The Day of the Triffids"

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
Just finished reading "BEHIND THE CURTAIN" given to me by that gentleman and scholar Mr R. Beach
An excellent read with some amazing insights and aperçus which perfectly capture the Zeitgeit and quintessence of football in what was lazily called the Soviet Bloc seperated from the rest of Europe by what famous dypsomaniac W Churchill called "The Iron Curtain . The scale of the skulduggery and shenighans which went on leaves the reader breathless
A great read indeed Many thanks Gazza

I Basso
: Guardian School of Journalism (failed)
You probably failed The Granuiad School of Journalism due to a lack of Typos! wink

I’ve just finished Once in a Lifetime: The Incredible Story of the New York Cosmos by Gavin Newsham and now I’m on Seize The Day by Saul Bellow

I'm reading Occupied City by David Peace (Red Riding Quartet, The Damned United ) at the moment - it's the second part of his Tokyo Trilogy.

Occupied City pieces together the investigation into the 1948 Teikoku Bank massacre, in which a man posing as a doctor from the occupying forces pretended to administer a dysentery vaccine to 16 bank employees, and instead poisoned them with cyanide, killing 12 instantly. Hirasawa Sadamichi was convicted of the killings but many in Japan believe he was innocent.

All the reports on Amazon say it's an experimental text and a difficult read but I'm zipping through it and enjoying it loads. I think the Amazon reviewers have clearly only ever read The Damned United and think that's his usual style - which it is, and isn't.

Page 22 of 27 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 26 27

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.