Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19
Quote:
Originally posted by fons:
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Man:
[b] Sorry, read the mail from Rob again . There is a chance to get the money back.
So I will do it soon.

Any interest into a meeting without a gig ?
I suggested the same to Garry.
Let's have that meeting anyway! (including a few beers to drink our sorrow).
John F., if you are reading this as well...you are invited! smile

Topicwise, I read more and more suggestions it has to do with the sale of tickets (or better, the lack of sales).
It has nothing to do with Mark Jones's health since he's, trying, to spin discs the 1st of december ( http://www.backtothephuture.net/
Depending on where you go 1 or 2 days earlier.
Rumours rumours, sure...but if they mess up a perfectly good weekend for me it is my right to go along with them.
Unless one of the artists falls out, even when that happens I am sure they can find someone else(!), I am not buying it.
The rest is not replaceable? We all are... [/b]
It is a possibility poor ticket sales I suppose, I mean Numan fans have been treated to the same live set list for the last few years so interest Numan wise would certainly be very limited. Not sure i'm buying "Unforseen Production Issues" to be honest.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Man:
[b] Sorry, read the mail from Rob again . There is a chance to get the money back.
So I will do it soon.

Any interest into a meeting without a gig ?
Let's have that meeting anyway! (including a few beers to drink our sorrow).
John F., if you are reading this as well...you are invited! smile
[/b]
A few beers would be nice... So let's do the meeting. Me and Michaela would be there.
And John - if you prefer a wine for a pint, it's no problem. You are invited for both..
wink

Quote:
Topicwise, I read more and more suggestions it has to do with the sale of tickets (or better, the lack of sales).

[/QB]
Lack of sales... - would not really surprising me, if I think of the costs for the VVIP (147.50) and VIP(47.50) tickets.

I would never pay so much money only for say hello and shaking hands with the artists.

C
C
Extremely sorry to hear about this for everyone who was looking forward to the show, and particularly those who have booked non-refundable travel and hotels. I was really taken aback when I read about it. I would now be totally fuming, and up sh!t creek minus a few hundred quid or a pointless journey to London if I'd been tempted to do the same, and right up until last month I was very tempted to put myself out

Hopefully some of you will decide to meet up and have an enjoyable time there. As for the rumours or reasons for canceling the gig, well ever since the gig announcement I have remained sceptical over the price range and idea of those 'elitist' tickets...

F
F
Much as I'd love to hear John Foxx & the Maths have another go at getting their live analogue set cooking, I just couldn't afford the ticket price for this event in the first place.

Anyways I hope none of the musicians has any nasty health problems - the announcement sounded a bit worrying in that respect!

It did sound worrying, being so vague, as one naturally interprets "key players" as either Gary or John; although of course, it could be band members. Either way since both shows have been cancelled, it does sound like a decision from the Numan camp, since it was kind of his show, but all parties must have been in agreement with the reasons. I know Gary doesn't take canceling shows lightly - I think the cancellation of one of the recent US tour dates was the first time he'd ever had to pull out of a gig.

Low sales might not be surprising. The 'big' Roundhouse gig was only 6 months ago, and everybody has had a chance to see Numan more than once over the last year. Personally I was never a fan of the idea of both artists appearing on the same bill; they both deserve to headline such an event but musically they're miles apart, particularly when it comes to Numan's new music.

What I suspect may have also put a lot of people off is the whole VIP/meet & greet thing. It's just wrong, especially knowing both artists usually go out of their way to meet with fans after the gigs (for free!) and sign things, have photos taken etc, particularly John. I thought that aspect of the whole thing was quite disgusting. That's where it's all about money. Other gigs have been offering similar packages, I guess it's the latest fad.

Anyway, hopefully by April, hopefully both artists will have new material out, or at least ready to play live. The few fragments I've heard of The Maths album sound fantastic, and it's about time Numan's tired, predictable setlist got changed and more than 2 plodding dirge-like new songs played.

Administrator
Administrator
Quote:

Topicwise, I read more and more suggestions it has to do with the sale of tickets (or better, the lack of sales)
Where have you read that, fons??

ALex picked up on it too, but unless I've missed something - there's been no indication that sales of tickets were low?

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
I was only following on from Fons' comment and stating my opinion. I have however, read mutterings on Numan forums, but again, it's unjustified with nothing to back it up.

Either some folk are somehow in the know and put information out there, or just like to stir things - who knows?!

I'm still more concerned about the 'health' issues, personally.

B
B
I have mixed feelings about the postponement. I don't know if there are other reasons besides the ones in the official statement, but I can't imagine they would postpone it on a whim--something has to be quite serious.

For me--I am losing some money, but not that much compared to others--at least I can get my airline miles back for my plane ticket. I would love to come out just for a FoxxGate, but honestly, I can't afford to--I was selling off prized possessions just to have money for this trip, and I really need the money for other things--like food and petrol. So, financially, the postponement is a relief. I'm more upset that John has done only 1 public appearance this year. But maybe he'll make up for it next year, who knows.

I have to say, from the moment this gig was announced, I had a bad feeling about it--like it was going to be plagued with difficulties. Given how harrowing the setup for the Roundhouse was--and just for John's portion--I'm surprised they agreed to another live analogue show. But it sounds like they've had LOTS of difficulties, and not just with equipment.

Like many others here (and not on here), I was not thrilled with the VVIP thing, and I'm still not certain how that will work. But from what I understood, just having a VIP ticket would get you into the aftershow. Which is good enough--I don't need a special autograph session with John and Gary, and if a dinner out is involved (at least one rumor I've heard about VVIP), I'd rather it not be under those circumstances. And given that a lot of this show sounds like a repeat of the Roundhouse (even though Gary's doing a real live set at this one), I would not be surprised if it's not selling tickets except among diehard loyal fans like ourselves. But I don't know what the numbers are there, either.

So--those of you who meet up for FoxxGate, please have one for me, I'll be thinking of you. I am going to save my money and my miles for April...

x

F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Quote:
[b]
Topicwise, I read more and more suggestions it has to do with the sale of tickets (or better, the lack of sales)
Where have you read that, fons??

ALex picked up on it too, but unless I've missed something - there's been no indication that sales of tickets were low? [/b]
Like Alex said, picked that up in the numan camp here and there.
If it's true or not...no idea.

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
I was only following on from Fons' comment and stating my opinion. I have however, read mutterings on Numan forums, but again, it's unjustified with nothing to back it up.

Either some folk are somehow in the know and put information out there, or just like to stir things - who knows?!

I'm still more concerned about the 'health' issues, personally.
I think cancelling a multi-artist festival gig due to illness, can not be the reason to cancel the whole thing.
Think they would cancel the whole of Glastonbury if the singer of the opening act has flu?
Same for production issues, thats something I am not buying at all...hell, we had people walking on the moon! mad

Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.