Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
The Archive
OP Offline
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
[b]Parallel Lives is a new cut-up collaboration between John Foxx, underground film-maker and musician Steve D'Agostino and movie director Alex Proyas, whose credits include the Will Smith blockbuster I, Robot, along with the '90s noir classics Dark City and The Crow.[/b]
A two minute extract from Parallel Lives can be viewed here ...

Rob

Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
Originally posted by Atom Man:
[b]WOW! I can't wait to see that. Groping was one of my favourite avant-garde films of the 80s.
I've never seen Groping - but there's a beautiful still from it on the Quiet Man blog here; http://blog.thequietman.co.uk/2009/06/
The colours, the sense of movement, the almost Edward Hopper-ness of it too - it's just such a beautiful still - I'd have it framed if there was a decent quality version of it.

Like Foxx with The H-Man still - you could almost create a story out of that single image. [/b]
The subject matter of Groping is, uh, a little disturbing. It was amazingly filmed, however.

Quote:
Quote:
[b] [b]Parallel Lives is a new cut-up collaboration between John Foxx, underground film-maker and musician Steve D'Agostino and movie director Alex Proyas, whose credits include the Will Smith blockbuster I, Robot, along with the '90s noir classics Dark City and The Crow.[/b]
A two minute extract from Parallel Lives can be viewed here ...

Rob [/b]
Thanks for letting us know.

N
N
Quote:
Originally posted by numan-chris:
Quote:
[b] Hi there,

I think I've made a bit of a last minute decision to make the trip down from Glasgow for this concert but to do it in a day and get the overnight bus which is leaving from Victoria station at 11:45, so I'm just wondering if someone can tell me when, roughly, John's set will finish?

thanks,
Chris smile
and as an aside, would it be considered 'safe' to get the underground from Chalk Farm to Victoria at that time of night? [/b]
yet another point(sorry!), but is Gary Numan's DJ set planned for before or after Foxx does anyone know?

Administrator
Administrator
There's been no programme published yet, but I think we are all going on the understanding that Numan/Fenton will 'open' the show i.e. they will be on before the main event

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
N
N
Thanks for that, I thought that would be the case, I appreciate there is no published schedule but is it anticipated that the event will finish around 11pm?

The Archive
OP Offline
The Archive
Quote:
Thanks for that, I thought that would be the case, I appreciate there is no published schedule but is it anticipated that the event will finish around 11pm?
I'm looking to 'publish' a schedule of events tomorrow - it was going to be tonight, only I got 'distracted'...

Rob

N
N
Quote:
Quote:
[b] Thanks for that, I thought that would be the case, I appreciate there is no published schedule but is it anticipated that the event will finish around 11pm?
I'm looking to 'publish' a schedule of events tomorrow - it was going to be tonight, only I got 'distracted'...

Rob [/b]
That would be a great help if you could smile

Quote:
Hi there,

I think I've made a bit of a last minute decision to make the trip down from Glasgow for this concert but to do it in a day and get the overnight bus which is leaving from Victoria station at 11:45, so I'm just wondering if someone can tell me when, roughly, John's set will finish?

thanks,
Chris smile
Hiya Chris,

No idea what time it ends but regards to the tube - try here nearer the time http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

It'll also tell you about any planned works/disruptions over the weekend (which because of the Olympics/new tube line extensions etc, there a re a lot of disruptions at weekends) that may affect you getting to Victoria

Hope it helps

N
N
Thanks for that, I'll certainly check there in the days leading up and we can always get a taxi if there is any problem, we're travelling down by train so there should be no issues with that hopefully smile

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.