Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#11749 08/11/07 12:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the legendary founder of factory rec. from manchester / u.k. , mr. tony wilson , has died last night ! :-(
without him , bands like joy division / new order or the happy mondays wouldn't exist !
he was known as "mr. manchester" on the musical map & he'll be sadly missed by all those , who knew him or have heard of him in one way or the other & shared the overwhelming enthusiasm he had for the music & bands he liked !

fyi : http://music.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,2146656,00.html

may he rest in eternal peace now !

That's terrible news.

Only a couple of weeks ago I was reading that musicians had paid for the treatment that was vital to help keep his illness under control, as the rediculous 'postcode lottery' meant that he couldn't get it provided free.

A huge shock, but thanks for posting, Olaf, because I hadn't heard this news. frown

Sarah

T
T
Sad news. Having recently read Simon Reynold's 'Rip It Up And Start Again: Post Punk 78-84' the importance of Tony Wilson has really become apparent to me.

I'm not kidding! I was reliably informed yesterday that Tony Wilson requested that his coffin be given the final Factory catalogue number;

Tony Wilson: FAC 501

What a true star!

Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
I'm not kidding! I was reliably informed yesterday that Tony Wilson requested that his coffin be given the final Factory catalogue number;

What a true star!
Design by Peter Saville ?

Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
[b] I'm not kidding! I was reliably informed yesterday that Tony Wilson requested that his coffin be given the final Factory catalogue number;

What a true star!
Design by Peter Saville ? [/b]
Hi Mark,

I've no idea, but according to Colin Sharp (ex-Durutti Column); The coffin was numbered and Wilson had had ‘...post modern, transparent plastic invites with the Fac number...’ created for his funeral.

well, I was only 'joking' but even judging by the invites I wouldn't be surprised !

I
I

Did anyone see the funeral on TV? I'm sure I saw an "L" plate on the coffin. laugh

(For non-UK folks, an "L" plate is normally found on a car, to warn others that the driver is a learner).

Administrator
Administrator
How's this for style?

Headstone designed by Peter Saville and Ben Kelly

http://www.dangerousminds.net/comments/f...peter_saville_/

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.