Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
Administrator
Administrator
There's an interview with (and some interesting background behind) Ghost Box here at the Quietus

http://thequietus.com/articles/04153-the-advisory-circle-mind-how-you-go-ghost-box

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Here’s James Mason in the superb documentary The London Nobody Knows
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gg0kC1jNsQ – sadly this is the only clip I can find online and The Roundhouse is 1m30s or so in.
Indeed a great film, too bad it wasn't longer!

Quote:
Originally posted by fons:
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
[b]Here’s James Mason in the superb documentary The London Nobody Knows
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gg0kC1jNsQ – sadly this is the only clip I can find online and The Roundhouse is 1m30s or so in.
Indeed a great film, too bad it wasn't longer! [/b]
Wow - I never knew!

Just goes to show how little I know about the biggest metropolis nearest to my home town!

F
F
It is out on dvd since a few years, had my copy from Emule years ago (from vhs origin).
Adding some trivia; the director, Norman Cohen, was also the one who made the '71 Dad's Army movie (something else I happen to like laugh )

It's now also part of The London Collection;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/London-Collectio...74690048&sr=8-1

Well recommended!

The Archive
OP Offline
The Archive
Please see the following about a 'new' collaboration...

Parallel Lives is a new cut-up collaboration between John Foxx, underground film-maker and musician Steve D'Agostino and movie director Alex Proyas, whose credits include the Will Smith blockbuster I, Robot, along with the '90s noir classics Dark City and The Crow.

This new work will be screened at The Roundhouse on the 5th of June, just before Foxx's analogue electronic set.

According to Proyas, "If only my 18 year old self could've seen his film with an original John Foxx soundtrack he would've been beside himself with excitement... hell, my 48 year old self is pretty impressed too! Just wonderful." The short is a cut-up of Proyas's film Groping, set to a brand new version of the Foxx 1980 B-side Film One.

"I think apart from his incredibly cinematic lyrics, John's music has always conjured entire movies in my head when I listen to it," says Proyas. "I think it is his mastery of atmosphere that has stayed with me through the years. If I could only make a movie as textured and evocative as John's music I would be a happy man".

Rob

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:

[b]Parallel Lives
is a new cut-up collaboration between John Foxx, underground film-maker and musician Steve D'Agostino and movie director Alex Proyas, whose credits include the Will Smith blockbuster I, Robot, along with the '90s noir classics Dark City and The Crow.

According to Proyas, "If only my 18 year old self could've seen his film with an original John Foxx soundtrack he would've been beside himself with excitement... hell, my 48 year old self is pretty impressed too! Just wonderful." The short is a cut-up of Proyas's film Groping, set to a brand new version of the Foxx 1980 B-side Film One.[/b]
WOW! I can't wait to see that. Groping was one of my favourite avant-garde films of the 80s.

Quote:
Originally posted by Atom Man:
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
[b]
[b]Parallel Lives is a new cut-up collaboration between John Foxx, underground film-maker and musician Steve D'Agostino and movie director Alex Proyas, whose credits include the Will Smith blockbuster I, Robot, along with the '90s noir classics Dark City and The Crow.

According to Proyas, "If only my 18 year old self could've seen his film with an original John Foxx soundtrack he would've been beside himself with excitement... hell, my 48 year old self is pretty impressed too! Just wonderful." The short is a cut-up of Proyas's film Groping, set to a brand new version of the Foxx 1980 B-side Film One.[/b]
WOW! I can't wait to see that. Groping was one of my favourite avant-garde films of the 80s. [/b]
I've never seen Groping - but there's a beautiful still from it on the Quiet Man blog here; http://blog.thequietman.co.uk/2009/06/

The colours, the sense of movement, the almost Edward Hopper-ness of it too - it's just such a beautiful still - I'd have it framed if there was a decent quality version of it.

Like Foxx with The H-Man still - you could almost create a story out of that single image.

N
N
Hi there,

I think I've made a bit of a last minute decision to make the trip down from Glasgow for this concert but to do it in a day and get the overnight bus which is leaving from Victoria station at 11:45, so I'm just wondering if someone can tell me when, roughly, John's set will finish?

thanks,
Chris smile

N
N
Quote:
Originally posted by numan-chris:
Hi there,

I think I've made a bit of a last minute decision to make the trip down from Glasgow for this concert but to do it in a day and get the overnight bus which is leaving from Victoria station at 11:45, so I'm just wondering if someone can tell me when, roughly, John's set will finish?

thanks,
Chris smile
and as an aside, would it be considered 'safe' to get the underground from Chalk Farm to Victoria at that time of night?

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.