Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
"...to capture the spirit of a concert he attended as an impressionable 15 year-old in 1967." .. gotcha! laugh

"There's a great surge of interest in electronic music. I don't know why that's happened, but it's fortunate for me because I did it a long time ago,"

laugh

...I'd rather have been born in 1980 and be in a position to play with this stuff now."
no please! no!

C
C
To capture the spirit of the concert, I am going to attend 'Short Circuit' disguised/repurposed as an impressionable 15 year old, complete with spot cream, half-inched copy of 'Playboy' (circa 1978 with Joan Collins on the front) and a bag of gob stoppers. Hand made catapult may be optional.
Woo-hoo it's Friday!
Cheers

Administrator
Administrator
I'm planning to make a day of it:-

If you’re in or around London from 29th May to 18th July you should definitely check out a new William S. Burroughs exhibition: Dead Fingers Talk: The Tape Experiments of William S. Burroughs and responses from 23 other artists at IMT Gallery in Cambridge Heath Road

or is that too far out/far away?

Will also call in at Kirkoriginals for Mirrorball

If I can be four people at once, I might even do some work and visit a client whose just signed up for a guidebook to Camden markets...!

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
I'm planning to make a day of it:-

If you’re in or around London from 29th May to 18th July you should definitely check out a new William S. Burroughs exhibition: [b]Dead Fingers Talk: The Tape Experiments of William S. Burroughs
and responses from 23 other artists at IMT Gallery in Cambridge Heath Road

If I can be four people at once, I might even do some work and visit a client whose just signed up for a guidebook to Camden markets...! [/b]
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Martin. Will definitely go to that. Too good to miss.

Not too far away. Tube journey from Euston 33 or 39 minutes.

I'd like to tag along with anyone who is going to this. If they don't mind.

Or I'll go on me jack jones.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
[b] I'm planning to make a day of it:-

If you’re in or around London from 29th May to 18th July you should definitely check out a new William S. Burroughs exhibition: [b]Dead Fingers Talk: The Tape Experiments of William S. Burroughs and responses from 23 other artists at IMT Gallery in Cambridge Heath Road

If I can be four people at once, I might even do some work and visit a client whose just signed up for a guidebook to Camden markets...! [/b]
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Martin. Will definitely go to that. Too good to miss.

Not too far away. Tube journey from Euston 33 or 39 minutes.

I'd like to tag along with anyone who is going to this. If they don't mind.

Or I'll go on me jack jones. [/b]
Hi guys - let me know if you're going, 'cause as you know - Cambridge Heath Road isn't that far from me! wink

PS - Bethnal Green station (Central Line) is only a 5 minutes walk away - The Approach Tavern even less! cool

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
QUOTE]Hi guys - let me know if you're going, 'cause as you know - Cambridge Heath Road isn't that far from me! wink

PS - Bethnal Green station (Central Line) is only a 5 minutes walk away - The Approach Tavern even less! cool
I'm definitely going. Getting an early choo-choo to Euston to fit Burroughs in. Thinking of leaving 23 copies of Junk Receiver & then legging it at the end. wink

I'll send you an email v. soon, Garry.

Administrator
Administrator
My plan (ha??? listen to me) is to arrive at Waterloo c1100am, which I think gives me plenty of time to do this stuff and have a beer or three...

Maybe we could meet up at the Burroughs thing and Travel back into town together mid-afternoon? In time to Move Through Old Daylight at least

It's great - every Foxx event I attend in London is always accompanied by at least one art exhibition somewhere else.
Super donuts laugh

It would be useful to know when things wind up as my last train from Waterloo is 0105 - though to be honest I rather get the train an hour earlier than that.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
I’m really looking forward to my first visit to the Roundhouse. It’s got some history, and some trace elements of Foxx already.

Here’s James Mason in the superb documentary The London Nobody Knows
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gg0kC1jNsQ – sadly this is the only clip I can find online and The Roundhouse is 1m30s or so in.

As mentioned in the clip, Pink Floyd played there in 1966, and so did Unit Delta Plus at Million Volt Light and Sound Rave in 1967…

Unit Delta Plus was BBC Radiophonic Workshop’s Delia Derbyshire, Brian Hodgson and Peter Zinovieff who came together as UDP to create electronic music and also promote its use in television, film and advertising

The Million Volt Light and Sound Rave event took place over two nights (January 28th and February 4th 1967) and included a performance of tape music by Unit Delta Plus, as well as a playback of the legendary Carnival of Light, a fourteen minute sound collage assembled by Paul McCartney around the time of the Beatles' Penny Lane sessions.

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.