Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 44 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 43 44
#11317 09/22/10 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
Rather a random thought but listening to "Engineers" yesterday I thought how much it sounded like Syd Barrett might have sounded had he made it musically into post-punk. The voice is uncanny.
Snap! I happened to listen some Barret-Pink Floyd stuff last year and I remeber thinking he sounds a bit like Gary Numan..or vice versa..I just thought it was something in the accent but maybe Gazza was influenced?
:rolleyes:

#11318 09/22/10 09:00 AM
Numan has uploaded some live tracks (Asylum, Cars and Halo) recorded on last year's TPP tour to his myspace page. Apparently from a forthcoming live CD+DVD.

#11319 09/29/10 10:31 AM
Gary Numan continues to lose the plot and veer ever-increasingly towards the edge of musical oblivion, as he recently announced in an interview with Dave Clarke that the Dead Son Rising album of leftover tracks from previous albums, has been scrapped.

Apparently he was only happy with 4 of the 14 songs - which, by the sound of it will now go into the new album, Splinter, due in the Spring.

I can understand him not wanting to put out songs he's not hapy with... but he's only been working on that album for 2 years!! it's a bit late in the day to can it surely?! And after all, is it not for the fans to decide if something is good or not??! confused

Surely it would be worth a NuWorld exclusive download-only release or something, just to fill the gaps and keep the fans happy.

Steve Malins must be pulling his hair out by now. I think by the time any new Numan material comes out, the whole industrial/goth thing will have been dead in the water for a while - he really should be embracing those electronic sounds that he'll always be associated with.

#11320 09/29/10 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Gary Numan continues to lose the plot and veer ever-increasingly towards the edge of musical oblivion, as he recently announced in an interview with Dave Clarke that the Dead Son Rising album of leftover tracks from previous albums, has been scrapped.

Apparently he was only happy with 4 of the 14 songs - which, by the sound of it will now go into the new album, Splinter, due in the Spring.

I can understand him not wanting to put out songs he's not hapy with... but he's only been working on that album for 2 years!! it's a bit late in the day to can it surely?! And after all, is it not for the fans to decide if something is good or not??! confused

Surely it would be worth a NuWorld exclusive download-only release or something, just to fill the gaps and keep the fans happy.

Steve Malins must be pulling his hair out by now. I think by the time any new Numan material comes out, the whole industrial/goth thing will have been dead in the water for a while - he really should be embracing those electronic sounds that he'll always be associated with.
It is getting like a soap opera with Numan, clearly he has no creativity left in him and leaves himself wide open for getting stick time after time.

In a recent interview he said "Dead Son Rising" would be out in 2011. The guy has completely lost the plot like you say.

No wonder he is going to live in America!

At this rate any album he does put out in the future will flop big style.

My patience with him has now gone and I have been a fan for 30 years.

#11321 09/29/10 12:40 PM
M
M
Quote:

Thank god for that! Scrapping Dead Son Rising is the right thing to do. Now he can concentrate on Splinter.

I don't think he's lost the plot. More like he's coming to his senses at last.

#11322 09/29/10 12:41 PM
It's been like this since he started working with Ade Fenton.

Whilst I do like much of Jagged a lot, Jagged Edge was a far, far superior album. It really is a great shame the version with Andy Gray didn't work out, as that could have really taken him places.

As an artist that I believe, still has a lot of musical potential, he's wasted every opportunity in recent years to build his career up.

It's frustrating and disappointing.

Any creative person, artistic or musical will know what it is like when you have done something you want to shout about and share. I remember when Numan used to put snippets online to listen to.

This time he has hardly given us anything, barely a hint of the work in progress. It just feels like his heart isn't in it any more.

#11323 09/29/10 03:59 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Quote:

Any creative person, artistic or musical will know what it is like when you have done something you want to shout about and share. I remember when Numan used to put snippets online to listen to.

This time he has hardly given us anything, barely a hint of the work in progress. It just feels like his heart isn't in it any more.
Couldn't it be that he's just not happy with it?

I'd have thought most artists want someting to be absolutely as right and in line with their expectations as it can be before they share it with their audience.

If Numan's scrapped an album's worth of material, maybe its because it wasn't going where he wanted it to??

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#11324 09/29/10 06:03 PM
Very true. I wouldn't want to put out something I wasn't happy with, so it's perfectly valid.

...just very frustrating, when you've been waiting ages!!!

#11325 09/29/10 06:39 PM
Administrator
Administrator
fairy nuff!!

Look on the bright side - there's a whole album's worth of "extra tracks and bonus material" for the future cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#11326 09/30/10 11:14 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Ed Fielding is the official photographer for Numan at the Troxy.

Prepare to be impressed

http://www.flickr.com/photos/edfielding/sets/72157622856608340/show/

Page 28 of 44 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 43 44

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.