Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Quote:
Originally posted by feline1:
Robin Simon is playing guitar!!! WOOO! laugh
All we need now is Billy,Chris and Warren for a full house.I know I can dream laugh

Fantastic news about Robin!!

Roll on 5th June!! smile

T
T
I completely missed the bit about Robin in the mailout. Perhaps I'd better learn not to speed read.

Great stuff, this makes June 5th now compulsory! I play The Golden Section Tour CD quite a lot and Robin's contributions are always a highlight. I should upgrade to In The Glow, I know ...

Latest Myspace Blogpost:-

We're very happy to annnounce that Robin Simon is confirmed as a special guest at John's Roundhouse show in London on 5 June.

The former Ultravox guitarist will be performing on a selection of material including songs from the band's pioneering 1978 album, Systems of Romance.

Administrator
Administrator
Now then...

While I think this is FANTASTIC news and look forward to the event, I can't help thinking -

I hope there are some surprises left!

The trouble with tinternet and today's access to and availability of up-to-the minute news is that we expect to know everything too quickly and feel aggrevieved if things are not made known to us.

I feel the same about album tracklistings, sound 'design' etc etc...

Where has the suspense, mystery and - possibly - interest - gone?

Sorry if that's controversial, but I hope you get where I'm coming from :rolleyes:

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Although I do feel for what you are saying (or what I believe I think you are saying smile ), I think we are going to witness an awful lot more than what is being written. What we are seeing are just ingredients and only the "chef" can make this into something we can truly enjoy. My apetite is truly wheted (sp?).

There is so much we can potentially take from the event, I only hope we can give back in some form. I have to think of how that can be achieved.

If I have any wish, it would be to ensure that the event is captured on video. Criminal not to do so!!

....I only hope that volcanos behave themselves that weekend!

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Now then...

While I think this is [b]FANTASTIC
news and look forward to the event, I can't help thinking - I hope there are some surprises left!
…Where has the suspense, mystery and - possibly - interest - gone?
Sorry if that's controversial, but I hope you get where I'm coming from :rolleyes: [/b]
I totally do, I really hate it when you’re sitting in the cinema and an overdone trailer shows too much of a forthcoming movie that you’re eager to go see, but the forum is at the end of the day a fun club where speculation and expectation are pretty healthy factors, and influence from enthusiasm and opinion is hard to resist, it’s ultimately all good for the artist smile

Travel plan’s all sorted and booked, just waiting for my Roundhouse ticket now! having overcome my extreme reluctance to return to my former hometown of London after a 12 year gap, the thought of missing such a rare and interesting event and show was just too much to bear laugh

Administrator
Administrator
As much as the show itself, I look forward to meeting YOU there... cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
I hope this event is recorded properly. I'd especially like to hear the Foxx/Robin Simon stuff.

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.