Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 44 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 43 44
#11117 06/12/09 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by OurFriendAnalogue:
Just returned from Gary's gig in Bristol on the 10th. [b]Immense , as usual smile !!!
[/b]
Great to hear the gig went well. Any photos?

#11118 06/12/09 11:57 AM
There's some great pics and a review here from Gary's gig in Wolverhampton, back in April.

#11119 06/12/09 12:01 PM
Thanks Alex. Setlist is a good one.

#11120 06/12/09 04:26 PM
O
O
Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
Quote:
Originally posted by OurFriendAnalogue:
[b] Just returned from Gary's gig in Bristol on the 10th. [b]Immense , as usual smile !!!
[/b]
Great to hear the gig went well. Any photos? [/b]
Nah, sorry, I don't have a decent camera at the mo! Added to the fact that I was too scared to take it in after thinking someone had nicked 50 quid from my suitcase at the station (they hadn't, thank god). laugh And obviously they were searching bags...all that hassle :rolleyes:

#11121 06/13/09 08:35 AM
The Archive
The Archive
Not from the recent (current?) tour I'm afraid, but nevertheless here are some pics I took of Gary at his Repicas show at Wolverhampton on the 10th of March last year.

Rob

#11122 06/13/09 09:26 AM
Some great photo's from the gig the other night!

I'm with you Alex Numan frustrates you more than any other artists, quite why DSR is taking so long is a mystery as the basic songs were already there from outtakes of previous sessions so it was only a case of moulding the material in to better quality songs. He certainly does n't help himself with saying material will be out by ..... then it is months after when the stuff is released.

I can only think of one band that is worse than Numan regards releasing stuff and that is Kraftwerk, there output is unbelievable, quite how the record company puts up with it I don't know, at there normal rate there next album should be due when they are 80 years of age!!

Gary Hunter\'s Official Homepage

#11123 06/13/09 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
Not from the recent (current?) tour I'm afraid, but nevertheless here are some pics I took of Gary at his [b]Repicas show at Wolverhampton on the 10th of March last year.

Rob [/b]
Rob, those photos are fantastic! Thanks for sharing them smile

They're probably some of the most enigmatic shots I've seen of Gary for a while. I found it very difficult to take good photos on the Replicas tour due to the lighting - you did a great job!

#11124 06/13/09 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary Hunter:
I can only think of one band that is worse than Numan regards releasing stuff and that is Kraftwerk, there output is unbelievable, quite how the record company puts up with it I don't know, at there normal rate there next album should be due when they are 80 years of age!!
Hmm, you obviously haven't tried waiting for a Peter Gabriel album to come out!!

With only one original member left, Kraftwerk aren't really Kraftwerk any more and I'm not even expecting a new album from them to be honest.

I suppose the "problem" in being a fan of older artists, is that is that they don't usually need to be prolific, and they can release new material as and when they feel like, without the record label pressure.

At least we know Gary has 2 new albums in the pipeline, DSR and Splinter. As you said, all the songs on DSR are leftovers from previous sessions, but I would imagine, from the various clips of them on the Pure and Jagged tour CDs, that many of them were just very rough or even starting points - or complete musically but without any real vocal or lyrics.

It's clear from The Fall, that all of these songs are being re-fashioned into the current sound and style with Ade Fenton.

I would imagine DSR could be a late Summer/early Autumn release. I would think he would want it out before the Pleasure Principle show(s), especially if an anniversary edition of that album is due to be released at the same time.

#11125 06/18/09 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
At least we know Gary has 2 new albums in the pipeline, DSR and Splinter.

I would imagine DSR could be a late Summer/early Autumn release. I would think he would want it out before the Pleasure Principle show(s), especially if an anniversary edition of that album is due to be released at the same time.
The timelines for '09 were started midway in '08, with the ending part of '09 as the most focused. Inevitably some things have changed but the end of this year is still okay. Theres also indications that the '79 and '81 live dvds are very much on track.

#11126 06/30/09 08:44 AM
It's has been confirmed that there will be a full Pleasure Principle Tour in November - dates TBC!

I just hope all this nostalgia and old show reissues isn't delaying new material....

Page 8 of 44 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 43 44

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.