Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 44 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 43 44
#11107 04/04/09 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
There's some photos here.
Cheers Alex. cool

#11108 05/07/09 02:01 PM
Over at NuWORLD there are rumblings of a Pleasure Principle 'mini-tour': -

Quote:
Some of you may have noticed that a show at the Manchester Academy in November has just gone on sale on the NuWorld Store. This show was not intended to go on sale just yet until other ideas had come together but we've accidentally got a bit ahead of ourselves. However, we have decided to leave this show on sale but make the thinking behind it clearer for those of you interested in going to it.
This Manchester Academy show will be dedicated entirely to The Pleasure Principle album. This year is the 30th Anniversary of this album reaching Number 1, and of the Cars single that came from it, and so this show will celebrate those two anniversaries. It's possible that other Pleasure Principle shows will be added around this Manchester gig to create a Pleasure Principle mini tour. If that does come together we will announce any extra dates through Numind before putting them onto the main NuWorld web site. It depends somewhat on how much interest fans have in going to see a Pleasure Principle tour.

#11109 05/07/09 03:33 PM
C
C
A Pleasure Principle mini tour! laugh
I sure hope so.

#11110 05/08/09 06:38 AM
Is Billy Currie going to play keyboards? wink

#11111 05/08/09 06:44 AM
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Is Billy Currie going to play keyboards? wink
ooh yeah... and violin on 'Conversation' & maybe throw in 'On Broadway' as an encore & see if Billy can better his Arp Odyssey solo from 'Living Ornaments '79.

#11112 05/08/09 09:24 AM
I see Townsend are selling tickets. link

#11113 05/08/09 10:53 AM
O
O
We really need a tour , not just a one off show. Just like Replicas.
If the Nuworld email was working we could all hail him with 'interest'.

By the way, has anyone noticed just how many 30th Anniversary mini tours may be lying ahead of him over the next few years? laugh
I mean, what if he's celebrating so much that he never gets round to making any new material? Well hell, what do we do? Do we keep demanding nostalgia and stifle his artistic brilliance in the process, or do we lay off and give him space to think? I guess ultimately it's all up or down to him and he'll put a stop to the situation if it seems to be getting out of hand. *praying smilie*

#11114 05/08/09 11:27 AM
Knowing Gary, this might be the last of the 'retro' or 'anniversary' shows. The Replicas one left him with a bitter taste - as if he wasn't cynical about digging up the past to begin with!

Whether it's a single show or a small tour, I'm sure it will be great, but I'd catch it if you can!

The email link ha been faulty since the new site came online. I have messaged the Numan camp via MySpace, since they run that now and mentioned it, in case they didn't know - but they probably do!

#11115 06/12/09 09:35 AM
O
O
Just returned from Gary's gig in Bristol on the 10th. Immense , as usual smile !!!

The setlist was pretty much the same as that of the April gigs (except without 'Fold' or 'Fallen'), it seems. So no, it wasn't promoting one of his upcoming albums... Shame really - Dead Son Rising seems to be taking a fair bit longer than was expected frown , but HEY, you can't rush genius.

'The Fall' was probably one of the best songs on the night. The charactersitic stomp of the tune works remarkably well live laugh

Hmm, don't really know what to make of the support band though (Dirty Harry again). Forgive me for saying so but I wish there were another more Numanoid band out there somewhere...

#11116 06/12/09 09:46 AM
I don't know why he doesn't get Deviant UK to do support, since I think they're doing their own material now (I think). Or just get Mesh back!

I didn't like Dirty Harry.

The lack of news on DSR is getting a bit frustrating, given that it was supposed to come out in April - ie when the tour originally started! THis does appear to be a tour for no reason, with nothing new to support and very poor promotion.

The Fall is a superb track and as a taster of things to come, I think it will be well worth the wait. If only a release date was in sight!

Page 7 of 44 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 43 44

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.