Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 43 44
#11087 01/29/09 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sans Frontieres:
Don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet but Gary Numan is going to tour Australia. I going to his concert in Brisbane on March 02. cool
cool indeed! Saw him a few years back for the first time in Amsterdam. I stood there right up the front, nervous as if I was a teenager again. Have fun Sans! smile

#11088 02/07/09 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lody Herst:
Have fun Sans! smile
Thanks Lody. I'll try and post something here after the concert (if I can). cool

#11089 02/07/09 10:18 AM
Gazza now has an official youtube channel with a few more new clips posted up this week:

Gary Numan official youtube page

#11090 02/12/09 12:19 PM
These tour dates just in...

April 23. Wolverhampton Wulfren Hall (UK)
April 24. Liverpool O2 Academy (UK)
April 25. Sheffield O2 Academy (UK)

June 10. Bristol O2 Academy (UK)
June 11. Oxford O2 Academy (UK)
June 13. Rabarock Festival (Estonia)

#11091 02/22/09 06:22 PM
M
M
Are the recent tour dates to promote the new album 'Splinter' or is it gonna be the same old stuff?

#11092 02/23/09 12:09 PM
I think the tour will be for the "Dead Son Rising" album, which I think is due out in April.

That's the album of tracks leftover from the Pure and Jagged sessions. "Splinter" is still in-progress.

So hopefully more emphasis on new material and Jagged Edge stuff - certainly not a same old hits routine, plus he was kind of traumatised by the nostalgia of the Replicas tour that he'll probably stay away from that for a bit!

#11093 02/23/09 06:00 PM
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
I think the tour will be for the "Dead Son Rising" album, which I think is due out in April.

That's the album of tracks leftover from the Pure and Jagged sessions. "Splinter" is still in-progress.

So hopefully more emphasis on new material and Jagged Edge stuff - certainly not a same old hits routine, plus he was kind of traumatised by the nostalgia of the Replicas tour that he'll probably stay away from that for a bit!
Thanks, Alex. I forgot about 'Dead Son Rising'.

I'm itching to hear what the new stuff is like. I hope Gary puts 3 or 4 in the set. I remember him saying in an interview that he wanted to go in a faster & heavier anthemic direction with 'Splinter' .

I'm still trying to decide whether to buy 'Jagged Edge' or not. Are the mixes/tracks on JE much different to the 'Jagged' ones? How does it compare, as an album, with 'Jagged'?

#11094 02/23/09 06:41 PM
Jagged Edge has blown the original out of the water for me. Although I wasn't so keen at first, I think almost every version beats the original - it really is the sound and style that Gary has been striving for, for a long time.

You'll find absolutely stunning versions of "Slave", "Scanner" and "Before You Hate It" (more than one, too) radically different versions of "Blind" and "Pressure", plus different versions of "Halo" and "Haunted" which I found to be vastly superior to the originals.

Where I found many tracks on Jagged to be too slow or sonically samey, these alternative versions - which ever ones you choose - offer the variation and power that many of the originals lacked, with the added bonus that most tracks now have many of the 'classic' Numan synth/string sounds integrated into them, bringing the current Numan sound together with a flavour of the classic era, and it has never sounded so relevant.

So while Jagged Edge doesn't neccesarily work as a cohesive piece, from here you can assemble your ultimate version of Jagged. smile

#11095 02/25/09 01:07 PM
A word of warning, I purchased the "Replicas Live DVD" and whilst the sound was excellent the video quality is shocking, bad pixelation pretty much all the way through and I have a normal TV not LCD so god knows what it would look like on one of those! I sent mine back to Townsends for a refund, others in Numan forums have also made comments about poor quality video.

I'm a massive Numan fan but i'm not prepared to fork out £16 for a poor quality product, the other thing no extras like interviews etc on DVD just the concert.

Gary

#11096 02/25/09 02:00 PM
The lack of extras is probably down to Gary losing all enthusiasm for Replicas and Nostalgia.

As for the quality - it's not like Numan to release something he's not happy with, so I wonder if it's a technical error...?

Page 5 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 43 44

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.